OT- Best Sandwich ever

Food & beverages Discussions
the13r
TTR

OT- Best Sandwich ever

Post by the13r »

As a big food enthousiast, I'm at soon 40 a little bored with food so always need more suggestions... so Sandwich sounds boring but can be GREAT...

Your detailed best sandwich here in this soon to be pitted thread!

My fav these last few days

sourdough bread
ayoli
moutarde de mout (particular mustard which I don't know the name in english)
pastrami
butter
pepper
white onion tinly sliced
old cheddar
Basil leafs

MIAM!
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Re: OT- Best Sandwich ever

Post by straycat »

A real Ruben rocks bigtime, cornbeef on toasted rye with sour kraut n swiss.
Pastrami Ruben is ok
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Post by Primetyme199 »

Foot long Cuban bread lightly buttered or brushed with olive oil on the crust. Yellow mustard is spread on the bread and the meats are added in layers: roast pork, glazed ham cheddar cheese and thinly sliced pickles.

Toasted and pressed in either a panini press or a plancha until the bread (outside) is slightly crispy and the cheese starts to melt.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

straycat wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:09 pm A real Ruben rocks bigtime, cornbeef on toasted rye with sour kraut n swiss.
Pastrami Ruben is ok
Yeah I need to explore the classics that is why I started this thread. I ate Rubens but never made one. TY Stray
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Primetyme199 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:19 pm Foot long Cuban bread lightly buttered or brushed with olive oil on the crust. Yellow mustard is spread on the bread and the meats are added in layers: roast pork, glazed ham cheddar cheese and thinly sliced pickles.

Toasted and pressed in either a panini press or a plancha until the bread (outside) is slightly crispy and the cheese starts to melt.
Sounds like a spin on a Croque Monsieur... But yeah sounds delicious and something I could do with the family soon. We already are making our grilled cheese with the panini press and do put polsky type of sliced pickels in them... MIAM!!

Eat those with house made ketchup... delicious
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

the13r wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:57 am
Primetyme199 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:19 pm Foot long Cuban bread lightly buttered or brushed with olive oil on the crust. Yellow mustard is spread on the bread and the meats are added in layers: roast pork, glazed ham cheddar cheese and thinly sliced pickles.

Sounds like a spin on a Croque Monsieur... But yeah sounds delicious and something I could do with the family soon. We already are making our grilled cheese with the panini press and do put polsky type of sliced pickels in them... MIAM!!

Eat those with house made ketchup... delicious
The sandwich I posted was a Cubano or Cuban sandwich. I just switched out the swiss, not a fan, for cheddar.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
Jolly Roger

Post by Jolly Roger »

straycat wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:09 pm A real Ruben rocks bigtime, cornbeef on toasted rye with sour kraut n swiss.
Pastrami Ruben is ok
Hands down the GOAT (corned beef)followed closely by a meatball sub with extra marinara. My parents used to make my sister and I eat Rubens as kid. For a child that is the worst sandwich but when those taste buds mature!
straycat
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Jolly Roger wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:29 pm
Pastrami Ruben is ok
Hands down the GOAT (corned beef)followed closely by a meatball sub with extra marinara. My parents used to make my sister and I eat Rubens as kid. For a child that is the worst sandwich but when those taste buds mature!
I always dug kraut growing up
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Chicken Parmesan Sub sandwiches

2-6oz Boneless skinless chicken breast (tenderized with a meat mallet)
Breading > dredge in flour dip in egg wash then dredge in Italian bread crumbs that has parmesan cheese added to the bread crumbs
Sauce > 4oz of marinara per chicken breast (jar sauce is okay too)
Cheese > 3oz mozzarella cheese plus 1 oz parmesan cheese
2 each split French Rolls lightly toasted

In a heavy bottom skillet fry coated chicken breasts on medium heat in olive oil until golden brown about 5 minutes per side. Top each breast with marinara sauce and cheese then reduce heat to low and cover and simmer additional 3 minutes. Place each chicken breast on split French Roll and eat immediately... :)

As always, happy cooking!

Chef
Chef
Peat56

Post by Peat56 »

Pastrami Ruben is ok
I love these! A Ruben is always great.

A while back I had a sandwich some might thing odd. I can't recall what kind of bread it was, but it was fried Spam and Kimchi. It was awesome!
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

I'm partial to this one too. It's the Jennie Special from Chap's Pit Beef, Ham, Turkey, Sausage, Cheese

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”