BERCHELT got badly KTFO in the 10th Vs VALDEZ in Las Vegas

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Tocsin

Re: BERCHELT got badly KTFO in the 10th Vs VALDEZ in Las Vegas

Post by Tocsin »

He was all over the place in the 4th, it could've easily been called off and the ref gave him every chance to continue. After that round I thought he recovered well and certainly shouldn't have pulled out at any point until the next KD at least.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

Yeah I don’t know... maybe I’m getting soft, but he just didn’t look right whenever he was on the stool in his corner
mannymac

Post by mannymac »

If the referee would have made Berchelt step sideways after the first knockdown, which is what they're supposed to do nowadays, he would have no choice but to stop the fight. There was no way Berchelt could have stepped sideways. He could barely stand still.
The ref gave him a big break by not applying that rule and instead just asked him if he's ok and wiped his gloves.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

yeah he did so much of mario in super mario 3... the shuffling to find his feet back... it was terrible but normal for small weights in world champ fights of that importance. They recover so quick it's insane.
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

mannymac wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:32 am If the referee would have made Berchelt step sideways after the first knockdown, which is what they're supposed to do nowadays, he would have no choice but to stop the fight. There was no way Berchelt could have stepped sideways. He could barely stand still.
The ref gave him a big break by not applying that rule and instead just asked him if he's ok and wiped his gloves.
I was thinking the exact same thing in real time after the knockdown, hoping they didn't because I wanted to see if Berchelt could recover. Hindsight, I would reverse those wishes. He didn't need to to take the shots he did the last 3 rounds after Oscar stepped on the gas again.
EspinozaBoxing

Post by EspinozaBoxing »

Great win for Valdez! Hope everyone has been well. Not sure if some of the old heads are on here anymore!
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

OTD 2021

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”