BERCHELT got badly KTFO in the 10th Vs VALDEZ in Las Vegas

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
the13r
TTR

BERCHELT got badly KTFO in the 10th Vs VALDEZ in Las Vegas

Post by the13r »

MAYA vs AZTEC
the13r
TTR

BERCHELT vs VALDEZ in Las Vegas

Post by the13r »

Saturday 20, February 2021
The Bubble, MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
commission Nevada Athletic Commission
promoter Top Rank - Bob Arum
matchmaker Brad Goodman
WATCH HERE

super feather
Miguel Berchelt 37 1 0
:idea:
Oscar Valdez 28 0 0
World Boxing Council World Super Feather Title

super feather
Gabriel Flores Jr 19 0 0
Jayson Velez 29 7 1

gomez1012

Re: BERCHELT vs VALDEZ in Las Vegas

Post by gomez1012 »

Berchelt going to fuck up Valdez

El Alacran's firepower will be too much for Oscar.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

super feather
Miguel Berchelt 37 1 0
Oscar Valdez 28 0 0
World Boxing Council World Super Feather Title

Valdez by 10th round KTFO
Berchelt hurt and given a count in round 4
Berchelt down from a fast combo in round 9
https://uploadir.com/u/ll3qfrhh
https://uploadir.com/u/ox7q33cg
https://uploadir.com/u/1bqa1lgl
https://twitter.com/GifsBoxing/status/1 ... 4315561986
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

Berchelt looks like he’s about to die out there
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Yeah totally outworked...
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Face Plant
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

So stupid that they didn’t stop that fight sooner... he had nothing late and looked glassy eyed for like 4 rounds straight
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

straycat wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:45 pmFace Plant
Yup... fell like a sack of potatoes
chef97

Re: BERCHELT got badly KTFO in the 10th Vs VALDEZ in Las Vegas

Post by chef97 »

Wow!
Chef
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

dear gawd that ko

Berchelt some very unhealthy damage tonight

Obviously a career best for Valdez. Fighters a lot worse than Berchelt had given him tougher fights.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

gif posted above!
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

ESPN shamelessly hyping up Berchelt, and giving no respect to Valdez. Valdez is a young, tough, skilled, undefeated champion...he shut a lot of people up tonight.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

That was a scary knockout. Not just that one punch but everything that led up to it and then that lights out punch. Glad to see Berchelt come to, I was afraid they would have to take him out on a stretcher.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

def shut me up... respected both but thought valdez would stay too long in the pocket and eventually get caught... I knew he'd be more talented and more importantly straighter and faster... After the KD I feared it would be detrimental as Valdez was getting a little too confident and got caught to the body... But Valdez timed a BEAUTY!! That whole shoulder was in there
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

It never seemed to me like they were shamelessly plugging Berchelt and disrespecting Valdez, and they've given Valdez lots of hype on many occasions. His stock will definitely rise even further---by far a career best showing and will be a hard KO to top even with 10 months left in the year.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

yeah that was a career defining performance. Best performance by FAR. he always looked sensational offensively but he adhere to his gameplan, looked composed and focus... less cockyness
mannymac

Post by mannymac »

When Berchelt didn't go down in the first half, I thought he would come back and win it. He seemed to gather himself for a couple of rounds and Valdez seemed to be getting tired, but then Valdez started boxing really good and landing some damn good shots. Valdez is really good. He needs to go to the body more, though. Could have been a quicker night if he had gone to Berlchet's body.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Scary Ending after all the Power Shots already taken....Perfect fight from Valdez
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

mannymac wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:43 am When Berchelt didn't go down in the first half, I thought he would come back and win it. He seemed to gather himself for a couple of rounds and Valdez seemed to be getting tired, but then Valdez started boxing really good and landing some damn good shots. Valdez is really good. He needs to go to the body more, though. Could have been a quicker night if he had gone to Berlchet's body.
Ya he recovered nicely for a bit after the first KD, which was one of those where the legs go but the head still seems clear. His legs came back and he was making Valdez look pretty uncomfortable in the middle rounds with some body work, gradually clawing back into it and still in the fight, but then the next KD happened and it looked lost for him at that point......
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:54 pm ESPN shamelessly hyping up Berchelt, and giving no respect to Valdez. Valdez is a young, tough, skilled, undefeated champion...he shut a lot of people up tonight.
Assuming you meant the lead up fight with the GOAT offense piece, because the only thing I heard them praising was Berchelt's ability to take punishment along with his huge heart. No idea how he stayed on his feet at after getting clipped on the temple with the overhand left, as his legs took two rounds to regain some semblance of balance.

But Valdez did shut up a whole lot of folks last night, even his idol Chavez Jr as he stated. That was the best Valdez looked in his career. He lost the telegraphed haymakers, lunging uppercuts from outside, eliminated unnecessary movement and kept his power shots tight. Props to Oscar and his team for getting him ready for this moment that produced a truly impressive KOTY moment. Perfect fight indeed.

Shakur, Lomachenko, winner of Frampton/Herring all on the menu.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

Assuming you meant the lead up fight with the GOAT offense piece, because the only thing I heard them praising was Berchelt's ability to take punishment along with his huge heart. No idea how he stayed on his feet at after getting clipped on the temple with the overhand left, as his legs took two rounds to regain some semblance of balance.

But Valdez did shut up a whole lot of folks last night, even his idol Chavez Jr as he stated. That was the best Valdez looked in his career. He lost the telegraphed haymakers, lunging uppercuts from outside, eliminated unnecessary movement and kept his power shots tight. Props to Oscar and his team for getting him ready for this moment that produced a truly impressive KOTY moment. Perfect fight indeed.

Shakur, Lomachenko, winner of Frampton/Herring all on the menu.
Sorry for the late reply.

But yeah...the buildup to the fight was very disrespectful. The talking heads were acting like Berchelt winning was a forgone conclusion. They already had has next 2-3 fights lined up. I was just smh like...hold on, Valdez is a REAL dude, this is a REAL fight. And Valdez was the better all around fighter coming in, he was just smaller. But not so small that he couldn't be effective.

Usually I don't listen to the pre-fight shenanigans from any of these Networks, they usually turn into slurping fests for a particular fighter, excuse sessions, or calculated attacks on other fighters. I just happened to catch it this time.

I had the fight 50-50 coming in...and wasn't surprised at all to see Valdez win. Now the way he won was a surprise to me...but not him winning.
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

I just saw this fight. Had it DVR'd since Saturday, but just got around to it today. Spectacular performance from Valdez. Aside from the KO which was obviously spectacular, the whole performance was absolutely fantastic. He dominated the fight.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

Am I the only one who thinks his corner should have stopped the fight before the KO?

I thought he looked out of it for a few rounds before the KO happened... like his eyes were glazed over pretty badly
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

ObJuan13 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:53 pm Am I the only one who thinks his corner should have stopped the fight before the KO?

I thought he looked out of it for a few rounds before the KO happened... like his eyes were glazed over pretty badly
He definitely was wobbled for an extensive period of time in the 4th. Like he got hurt about what a minute and a half into that round or so? And was still noticeably shaken and off balance at the start of the next round.

Highly possible he had a concussion from the 4th round on.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”