Robert Helenius got the TKO upset vs Kownacki Saturday

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
the13r
TTR

Re: Robert Helenius got the TKO upset vs Kownacki Saturday

Post by the13r »

perfect style matchup for Helenius... They way he talked post fight, i think Helenius might be patient after this BIG win for him
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

I'd definitely be patient if I was him. He's only got 1 more big fight left in him in all likelihood. If you've made yourself mandatory for a big money fight. As Janis Joplin once sang "Get it While You Can"

Ajagba is knocking on the door of the Top 20 now with his win, but still ain't quite there. I think he'd be well served to be matched against a Chris Arreola or Carlos Takam. Someone that has some pop, and will bring some offense against him, but isn't a crushing puncher.

He seems too open to me, and his defense is probably the part of his game that needs the most immediate correcting so I think that's the kinda guys he needs to be matched with for a few fights to work on that.

As for Kownacki. This knocks him on down to #14 on my rankings, and I reckon it's back to the drawing board for him for a little while. He's a fun guy to watch though so I look forward to seeing more of him. Plenty of guys he could fight, and entertain against. Win or lose.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Helenius is very inconsistent as a puncher, sometimes he looks featherfisted vs nobodies, other times he does that. I think he may be a WBA mandatory now, though I doubt he's fighting AJ any time soon.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Helenius is a first defense gimmie type of fight. Good win for him

Rematch will happen id guess. Pbc will pay him some $$ to get kownacki back in contention
chef97

Post by chef97 »

I think Kownacki vs. Andy Ruiz Jr. would feature two fat kids in a slugfest... Who wouldn't want to see that? :)
Chef
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

heavy
Robert Alfonso 19 0 1
vs
Carlos Negron 20 3 0

Negron got the 1st round TKO upset
https://uploadir.com/u/f1izzdvx
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

chef97 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:08 am I think Kownacki vs. Andy Ruiz Jr. would feature two fat kids in a slugfest... Who wouldn't want to see that? :)
Sign me up, Big Chef. I think I like Ruiz in that. Better chin, bigger gut. Winner gets 4 whole fried chickens and a coke.

Big step back for the Polish kid out of Brooklyn
undefeatedchamp

Post by undefeatedchamp »

marciano1952 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:59 pm Helenius vs Ajagba....Make it happen next if Helenius isnt given a title Shot...
Who would you pick for that fight? Ajagba is very rough around the edges. Helenius just proved he still has something in the tank. Ajagba doesn't walk into or through punches like Kowknacki did, but he also doesn't seem to move his head much. Ajagba might have a slight edge in power and Helenius in skill. So it's almost like a less talented version of Wilder vs Fury.
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

I like that fight a lot

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”