Joshua rumoured to have been hurt sparring.

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Peat56

Joshua rumoured to have been hurt sparring.

Post by Peat56 »

Supposedly the ex champ dropped a number of times while sparring. Doesn’t sound like the fight is in jeopardy but makes me wonder how Joshua will perform.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/a ... d-21010423
TheSickness316

Re: Joshua rumoured to have been hurt sparring.

Post by TheSickness316 »

Didn't the same thing happen last time?
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

WBN claiming it again.

Either they have an insider or they are making it up... We'll soon find out
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Sparring stories are like bar stories... take them with a grain of salt
Peat56

Post by Peat56 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:28 pm Sparring stories are like bar stories... take them with a grain of salt
Indeed. Who was that guy who dropped Ray Leonard and went on to accomplish very little as a pro?
Papa1472002

Post by Papa1472002 »

Peat56 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:29 pm
jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:28 pm Sparring stories are like bar stories... take them with a grain of salt
Indeed. Who was that guy who dropped Ray Leonard and went on to accomplish very little as a pro?
Kevin Howard
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

You can take the stories for what they're worth, but: Broner got dropped by Spence, before he got beat up by Maidana. Oscar got dropped by Victor Ortiz, before he got beat up by Manny. AJ was said to have been hurt in sparring before the first Ruiz fight, and went on to get beat up in the fight.

We'll see....
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

not shocking. his defense isnt great and sparring is for working on things not necessarily just fighting the guy across from you. not a big deal either way unless hes injured
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
ForceFed_231

Post by ForceFed_231 »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:38 am You can take the stories for what they're worth, but: Broner got dropped by Spence, before he got beat up by Maidana. Oscar got dropped by Victor Ortiz, before he got beat up by Manny. AJ was said to have been hurt in sparring before the first Ruiz fight, and went on to get beat up in the fight.

We'll see....
The ultimate, Tyson got dropped before he was stopped by Doulgas. Supposedly Dawson was dropped before he lost to Stevenson.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

This has been pretty much laughed off. Not sure how much credibility WBN had, but they losing it if they can't even name the boxer.

Desperate for hits I think.

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

Laughed off unless AJ loses again, then you'll have the Hearniacs on every web site using it and any other bullshit excuse to cover up for another failure.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

There is a long history of rumors about AJ getting pounded in sparring, not sure how much I believe as it' s all very vague and with no hard evidence. The only guy AJ admits dropped him in sparring is David Price-years ago when AJ was still an amateur.
Hillsinitialrebirth

This has been pretty much laughed off. Not sure how much credibility WBN had, but they losing it if they can't even name the boxer.

When it was said to have happened, in AJ's training camp for the first fight, the boxer(Joey Dawejko) was named, so does that make it true?

The point is: All the pressure is on AJ for this fight, and no matter if the rumors are true or not, he still has to deal with the demons and doubts from the first fight.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

When it was said to have happened, in AJ's training camp for the first fight, the boxer(Joey Dawejko) was named, so does that make it true?

The point is: All the pressure is on AJ for this fight, and no matter if the rumors are true or not, he still has to deal with the demons and doubts from the first fight.
Well it's far more credible than just posting a story saying he was hurt, but don't know by who or how bad!

All the pressure is on AJ, but not sure what that to do with this thread?

Hillsinitialrebirth

Well it's far more credible than just posting a story saying he was hurt, but don't know by who or how bad!

It's not too far of a stretch, to think that a guy who is vulnerable(like AJ has proven to be), can be hurt or dropped in sparring. It was said before the first Ruiz fight, and it's being rumored now. And AJ has been hurt, and stopped, in his actual fights.

Maybe we're not asking the right question, maybe the question is: How many times has AJ been hurt before in sparring, the amateurs, etc, etc, etc...and it's hasn't been reported, or just covered up?

AJ is a physical specimen, has good boxing skills, and has a glass chin. That's just reality.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Id call his skill set good but very flawed. He is stiff and lacks head movement which is why someone like ruiz can land combinations on him.

And his chin is average at best
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

It's not new or limited to the Ruiz fights, if you've followed his career you'll know these types of reports have been coming out since he turned pro, to the point where no one really cared about them anymore and treated them with humor , e.g. who HASN'T bashed AJ up in sparring? I remember on another forum someone made a list of everyone rumoured to have beaten him up in sparring, and it went on and on and on...

If he really is taking these beatings each time then it's amazing he's done so well in actual fights :lol:
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

It's not too far of a stretch, to think that a guy who is vulnerable(like AJ has proven to be), can be hurt or dropped in sparring. It was said before the first Ruiz fight, and it's being rumored now. And AJ has been hurt, and stopped, in his actual fights.

Maybe we're not asking the right question, maybe the question is: How many times has AJ been hurt before in sparring, the amateurs, etc, etc, etc...and it's hasn't been reported, or just covered up?

AJ is a physical specimen, has good boxing skills, and has a glass chin. That's just reality.
Lol, Wilder been shook more than a few times too, if I wrote a story saying he's been dropped on some random website, would you believe it too?

Lol, you are so see through

Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Tocsin wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:40 pm It's not new or limited to the Ruiz fights, if you've followed his career you'll know these types of reports have been coming out since he turned pro, to the point where no one really cared about them anymore and treated them with humor , e.g. who HASN'T bashed AJ up in sparring? I remember on another forum someone made a list of everyone rumoured to have beaten him up in sparring, and it went on and on and on...

If he really is taking these beatings each time then it's amazing he's done so well in actual fights :lol:
People like to make a name using Joshua. He's the biggest name in the sport. Dubois is a good example of someone who sheepishly claims he knocked AJ down, never expands, but until recently it was his claim to fame. It is what it is, but like you said earlier, AJ openly admit Price knocked him down when he was an amateurs, never denied it.

Slippery Pete II

Post by Slippery Pete II »

We get these stories all the time. Sometimes they are put out by the fighters camp to make it look like he's having problems when in reality his camp went well. It's all head games.

Sometimes we get "he's knocking out sparring partners and sending them to the hospital". I never believe those.

Sometimes it's the sparring partners that leak info and it's legit.

I never believe any of it because you never know who it's coming from and what their motivations are.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Lol, Wilder been shook more than a few times too, if I wrote a story saying he's been dropped on some random website, would you believe it too?

What does Wilder have to do with this? If these stories were coming out about Wilder, then we'd be talking about Wilder. But the stories are coming out about Joshua, and of course you start deflecting.

You are a seriously butt-hurt guy about AJ getting knocked out and all. You need to relax, if he wins, he wins...if he loses, he loses. It's not the end of the world for you.
Based

Post by Based »

After rematching that first fight, AJ was outboxing Ruiz until he got dropped. AJ just doesn't have a good defense or a great chin.

I also don't like how some people are counting him out in the rematch with Ruiz. I still call it a 50-50.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

What does Wilder have to do with this? If these stories were coming out about Wilder, then we'd be talking about Wilder. But the stories are coming out about Joshua, and of course you start deflecting.

You are a seriously butt-hurt guy about AJ getting knocked out and all. You need to relax, if he wins, he wins...if he loses, he loses. It's not the end of the world for you.
You tell me what Wilder has to do with your comments :wink:

Hillsinitialrebirth

You brought Wilder into the conversation.

The last time I checked, Wilder hasn't been dropped multiple times in fights, and has quit. The title of this thread(in case you can't read) is: 'Joshua Rumoured to have been hurt sparring'.

I know it hurts...but time heals all wounds.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:24 pm
You brought Wilder into the conversation.

The last time I checked, Wilder hasn't been dropped multiple times in fights, and has quit. The title of this thread(in case you can't read) is: 'Joshua Rumoured to have been hurt sparring'.

I know it hurts...but time heals all wounds.
Lol.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”