INOUE defeated DONAIRE in FOTY Contenter Thursday

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
ForceFed_231

Re: Nonito Donaire vs Naoya Inoue •Thursday@7am•

Post by ForceFed_231 »

NoPropaganda 253 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:49 am I don't know that folks truly appreciate Mr. Donaire's career. The man always looks to challenge himself, set the bar for clean boxing and is going out like a warrior moving down to face a killer like Monster. Hats off to a 1st ballot HOF'er and a favorite of mine. Shock the world or pass the baton.

A 2 fight main card on a Thrusday that begins at 2am? Probably gonna miss it.
+1
ForceFed_231

Re: INOUE defeated DONAIRE in FOTY Contenter Thursday

Post by ForceFed_231 »

Maybe this is a reach, but maybe Donaire could out with one more decent fight, the rematch he wanted vs Rigo.
BadlyBrowned
______

Post by BadlyBrowned »

Great fight, if donaire had more steam and/or mixed up his attack in the 9th we may be talking about a different outcome.

Also looks like Inoue has a fractured orbital and nose for all his troubles
ForceFed_231

Post by ForceFed_231 »

Thanks! Tremendous fight, one that I would be proud to show my friends. Donaire gave a tremendous effort and he buzzed Inoue. Inoue is a tremendous talent, he has fast hands and is a tremendous offensive force. I do believe he is fighting above his optimal weight, but he was still able to drop Donaire with the left hook so he carried the power up. I wonder what is next is for Inoue and Donaire. Like I mentioned before maybe he can get a rematch with Rigo or Inoue may fight Rigo.
ForceFed_231

Post by ForceFed_231 »

BadlyBrowned wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:35 pm Great fight, if donaire had more steam and/or mixed up his attack in the 9th we may be talking about a different outcome.

Hadn't read about this yet. Inoue, in addition to his talent, has a decent chin and has the ability to come back after being hurt. He may not be the best p4p, but he is up there. Unlike a 36 year old Kovalev, the 36 year old Donaire showed up to win this fight. Four division champion, he may have caught some of these guys at the end of his career but he defended his titles enough and he's definitely earned a spot in the top 5 p4p list.
BadlyBrowned
______

Post by BadlyBrowned »

ForceFed_231 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:31 am
BadlyBrowned wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:35 pm Great fight, if donaire had more steam and/or mixed up his attack in the 9th we may be talking about a different outcome.

Hadn't read about this yet.
https://www.ringtv.com/583328-naoya-ino ... o-donaire/
ForceFed_231

Post by ForceFed_231 »

BadlyBrowned wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:17 pm
ForceFed_231 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:31 am

Hadn't read about this yet.
https://www.ringtv.com/583328-naoya-ino ... o-donaire/
thanks
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

NoPropaganda 253 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:40 am
I don't know that folks truly appreciate Mr. Donaire's career. The man always looks to challenge himself, set the bar for clean boxing and is going out like a warrior moving down to face a killer like Monster. Hats off to a 1st ballot HOF'er and a favorite of mine. Shock the world or pass the baton.

I honestly don't trust anyone that worked with Conte. Then again, I don't trust most professionals athletes to be clean.
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

You're you, bubbles. Good talk.
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

yoloswaggy911 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:09 pm
I don't know that folks truly appreciate Mr. Donaire's career. The man always looks to challenge himself, set the bar for clean boxing and is going out like a warrior moving down to face a killer like Monster. Hats off to a 1st ballot HOF'er and a favorite of mine. Shock the world or pass the baton.

I honestly don't trust anyone that worked with Conte. Then again, I don't trust most professionals athletes to be clean.
Do you trust VADA? Donaire was the first fighter to commit to 365 days a year, 24 hour testing. Whatever his relationship is with Conte, Donaire went VADA.
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

Danielk015 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:50 pm

Do you trust VADA? Donaire was the first fighter to commit to 365 days a year, 24 hour testing. Whatever his relationship is with Conte, Donaire went VADA.
Nope.

That's cool and shit, but Conte is the first one who could tell you how to get around VADA. He's said it himself.

I googled around a bit and here's an interesting thread from 2013 about Ward refusing VADA testing after one of Conte's guys popped hot.
https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/show ... 768&page=2

Also Nonito's career dropped off after leaving Conte and not getting the 'secret sauce'
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

I mean it dropped off after he moved up in weight and got older

Some of contes fighters have tested positive. Andre berto did. But that was nandrolone which conte is savy enough to never give... that is most likely cross contamination
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

yoloswaggy911 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:31 pm

Nope.

That's cool and shit, but Conte is the first one who could tell you how to get around VADA. He's said it himself.

I googled around a bit and here's an interesting thread from 2013 about Ward refusing VADA testing after one of Conte's guys popped hot.

Also Nonito's career dropped off after leaving Conte and not getting the 'secret sauce'
This girl just used a fucking boxing scene thread from 6 years ago featuring the stupidest/most mouthbreathing-est fans the sport has to offer as a means to shit on Donaire. Slap yourself with those feminine paws, Bubbles.
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

Nope.

Uhhh. Donaire start losing as he got into his 30s and having a career filled with high action, punishing fights. A former Flyweight Champion losing in his 30s at the Super Bantam and Featherweight divisions, it not unexpected.

I didnt even know Boxingscene had a forum either lol
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

Danielk015 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:37 pm

Nope.

Uhhh. Donaire start losing as he got into his 30s and having a career filled with high action, punishing fights. A former Flyweight Champion losing in his 30s at the Super Bantam and Featherweight divisions, it not unexpected.

I didnt even know Boxingscene had a forum either lol
Dude legit dropped Conte after he had a kid. My guess is he knew what he was doing was wrong and didn't want that on his conscious. If you think these guys aren't juicing you're allowed that opinion, I just don't think it's true.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”