Tim Bradley Vs Provodnikov

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Re: Bradley's fight •Video•

Post by marciano1952 »

David wrote:
marciano1952 wrote:Bradley's ability to remain upright and recover from massive shots is insane....

also props to Provodnikov....i thought this would be a mismatch....
Bad news for Bradley is that Ruslan isn't what I would call a devastating puncher. He is definitely a very good puncher and packs power but not like a Matthysse type or even Maidana. Hell, Berto probably has more power. Also, if a slow fighter like Provodnikov can land a looping right and a short left hook at will then that does not bode well for Bradley from now on. It's pretty obvious Bradley is NOT a 147 fighter.

I feel like Bradley's time is about up. Think Floyd will target him after Guerrero?

yeah, i was thinking last night during the fight there is no way he Survives a Matthysse right hand....
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

No kd :?

RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
WhyteHypeBG
TTR Suppl. Challenge #10 Super Champion
TTR Suppl. Challenge #10 Super Champion

Post by WhyteHypeBG »

RASTA666 wrote:No kd :?

Yeah, that was a piss poor non-call. And there were a couple other times where Bradley fell back into the ropes that could have been called KDs, as well. I admire Bradley's courage and the wherewithal it took to stay on his feet and return punches, but he was out a couple of times and the ref could have stepped in calling KDs.

But that first missed KD was a travesty.

Don't forget that Scrotes Day is April 30th!
Sing All Day, Drink and Sing All Night!
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

WhyteHypeBG wrote:

Yeah, that was a piss poor non-call. And there were a couple other times where Bradley fell back into the ropes that could have been called KDs, as well. I admire Bradley's courage and the wherewithal it took to stay on his feet and return punches, but he was out a couple of times and the ref could have stepped in calling KDs.

Agreed. A judge can call a 10/8 even w/o a kd. And if you see a kd how do you not score it? As many as 3 rds could have been.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
tainos
TTR Super Challenge 7 & Regular Challenge 20 & 22 Champion
TTR Super Challenge 7 & Regular Challenge 20 & 22 Champion

Post by tainos »

RASTA666 wrote:
WhyteHypeBG wrote:

Agreed. A judge can call a 10/8 even w/o a kd. And if you see a kd how do you not score it? As many as 3 rds could have been.

I scored it 10-8 without a KD. In the first fight of the night Letterman scored a 10-8 round for Vargas without getting a KD yet in the Bradley fight he scored it 10-9. Kellerman was commending Letterman in the first fight for doing that but I dont recall him commenting on not doing it for the Bradley fight.
Yo naci en Puerto Rico. Pero me cree en Nueva York. Pero nunca me olvidare, de mi tierra Borinquena.
Team Platano Power - Carribean Connection
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Another angle of the non called KD
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

tainos wrote:I scored it 10-8 without a KD. In the first fight of the night Letterman scored a 10-8 round for Vargas without getting a KD yet in the Bradley fight he scored it 10-9. Kellerman was commending Letterman in the first fight for doing that but I dont recall him commenting on not doing it for the Bradley fight.
I called that very round a 10/8 for Vargas prior to Harold's card being brought up and it was w/o a doubt.

I had to turn the sound off after about rd 3 or 4. I could not listen to lapdog and surprisingly Roy so fixed on Timmy's nutsack any further.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
Just a guy

Post by Just a guy »

tainos wrote:
I scored it 10-8 without a KD. In the first fight of the night Letterman scored a 10-8 round for Vargas without getting a KD yet in the Bradley fight he scored it 10-9. Kellerman was commending Letterman in the first fight for doing that but I dont recall him commenting on not doing it for the Bradley fight.
He did... I remember commenting with David, I believe, about Max taking Harold to task on the way that he scored that round.
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Homer J. Simpson
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Just a guy wrote:
tainos wrote:
He did... I remember commenting with David, I believe, about Max taking Harold to task on the way that he scored that round.

yeah, it was later in the fight though he brought it up
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
Just a guy

Post by Just a guy »

RASTA666 wrote:
Even if you didn't call it a knockdown... Bradley wobbled noticeably back to his corner... he very, very clearly was hurt and hurt badly. I think that you still have criteria for a 10-8 round regardless of if you think that it was a knockdown or not.

I actually didn't think that the ref was in a good position to see what actually happened, and I initially thought that he probably saw what he thought was Bradley being pushed down - he was leaning in and Ruslan could easily have shoved him to the canvas from the position they were both in - and he went down from the effects of a punch that landed a few seconds before that, so it wouldn't have appeared that Ruslan landed anything in the moment that should have put him down. I think it was the wrong call, but I don't know that I can fault the ref all that much.

Homer J. Simpson
icefold

Post by icefold »

I think the right man won the fight or it should have been called a draw no robbery. But i would rather watch Ruslan Provodnikov next fight over Tim Bradley. first fight of Ruslan that i have watched would love to see more, a Bradley rematch would be awesome.
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

Just a guy wrote:
RASTA666 wrote:
Even if you didn't call it a knockdown... Bradley wobbled noticeably back to his corner... he very, very clearly was hurt and hurt badly. I think that you still have criteria for a 10-8 round regardless of if you think that it was a knockdown or not.

I actually didn't think that the ref was in a good position to see what actually happened, and I initially thought that he probably saw what he thought was Bradley being pushed down - he was leaning in and Ruslan could easily have shoved him to the canvas from the position they were both in - and he went down from the effects of a punch that landed a few seconds before that, so it wouldn't have appeared that Ruslan landed anything in the moment that should have put him down. I think it was the wrong call, but I don't know that I can fault the ref all that much.

I think there were 2 or three occasions when the ref could have stepped in for a count and on a few occasions he was actually going to check up on Provo's corner after he had hurt Bradley :?
The fight is replaying on hbo in a few minutes. The Vargas fight is in the 8th round so I plan on watching it again. Had Provo even got one call the fight would have ended in a draw.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

icefold wrote:I think the right man won the fight or it should have been called a draw no robbery. But i would rather watch Ruslan Provodnikov next fight over Tim Bradley. first fight of Ruslan that i have watched would love to see more, a Bradley rematch would be awesome.
Yeah even with me scoring two 10/8's I do think Tim won the tight race but man had one 10/8 been scored those two 114/113 cards would have caused the draw.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I do feel like he missed that knockdown and I also feel like the ref could have stepped in and actually stopped the fight on numerous occasions in favor of Provodnikov. It's been a long time since I've seen a fighter take a beating like Bradley did in some of those rounds.
lurkyshaka
TTR Challenge #1 & 2 Champion
TTR Challenge #1 & 2 Champion

Post by lurkyshaka »

Bradley basically boxed the Russian's head off in between a few foolhardy moments when he openely exhanged and found himself in strife.
I had it 114-113 but had the referee called the first round KD it'd have ended up a draw. Either way Tim deserved to keep his title.

In all honesty i'd expect Bradley to win a rematch with more room to spare, because a quick look at the tape will clearly show him it was relatively straight forward when he boxed and only a dogfight when he gave the Russian chance to be effective. And also i do think Bradley can be forgiven for coming into this fight on a bit of a low cus this guy wasn't a marquee name he'd have hoped for. Think he may have been caught napping a little bit. He'd be a bit more clued up in a return encounter....though he did take a fair bit of stick which obviously isn't good for anybodies health or career.

Regarding the Russian....he's nothing special in the big scheme of things. He's strong, tough and hits hard. But he had surprise factor on his side last night, but won't enjoy that again. Give him someone who'll exchange with him and he'll be a danger, but he'll get soundly outboxed by those with skill especially now he's a known quantity.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Bradley vs Provodnikov Full Fight Hls
http://www.pix-host.com/allimages/71923750.gif
actionhound

Post by actionhound »

Yea I found it quite odd the ref kept checking on ruslan and not bradley... bradley was the one out on his feet several times throughout the fight... it wasn't a robbery but I think it should have been a draw...
Just a guy

Post by Just a guy »

lurkyshaka wrote:Bradley basically boxed the Russian's head off in between a few foolhardy moments when he openely exhanged and found himself in strife.
I had it 114-113 but had the referee called the first round KD it'd have ended up a draw. Either way Tim deserved to keep his title.

In all honesty i'd expect Bradley to win a rematch with more room to spare, because a quick look at the tape will clearly show him it was relatively straight forward when he boxed and only a dogfight when he gave the Russian chance to be effective. And also i do think Bradley can be forgiven for coming into this fight on a bit of a low cus this guy wasn't a marquee name he'd have hoped for. Think he may have been caught napping a little bit. He'd be a bit more clued up in a return encounter....though he did take a fair bit of stick which obviously isn't good for anybodies health or career.

Regarding the Russian....he's nothing special in the big scheme of things. He's strong, tough and hits hard. But he had surprise factor on his side last night, but won't enjoy that again. Give him someone who'll exchange with him and he'll be a danger, but he'll get soundly outboxed by those with skill especially now he's a known quantity.
Agree with this post... but I did think it strange that all I thought Bradley had to do were one or two adjustments and he should have been fine... but he didn't do that. Was he really concussed early in the fight and fighting on instincts most of the fight? Possible...

Still, why on Earth would you continue to eat that right hand of Ruslan's? Ruslan had only to touch him with the left and the right was wide open. Also, the distance was concerning to me... the punches were short and brutal. Bradley has a heck of a beard.

Homer J. Simpson
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Just a guy wrote:
lurkyshaka wrote:Bradley basically boxed the Russian's head off in between a few foolhardy moments when he openely exhanged and found himself in strife.

Agree with this post... but I did think it strange that all I thought Bradley had to do were one or two adjustments and he should have been fine... but he didn't do that. Was he really concussed early in the fight and fighting on instincts most of the fight? Possible...

Still, why on Earth would you continue to eat that right hand of Ruslan's? Ruslan had only to touch him with the left and the right was wide open. Also, the distance was concerning to me... the punches were short and brutal. Bradley has a heck of a beard.
Usually Bradley makes good adjustments in the middle of fights. He tried to make an adjustment on Saturday and then fell back into what he was doing earlier. He said he wanted to show that he can brawl with anyone but I think he showed that he CANNOT do that. It's a good thing his corner was feeding him some very good advice in between rounds.

Also of note, I honestly don't think Bradley will remember about half of those rounds. You could tell his eyes were vacant a lot of the time and he was truly fighting on grit and determination. I will repeat what I said earlier...The ref could have stopped the fight on several occasions and no one would have complained.
wimpy

Post by wimpy »

I scored it 114-113 for Bradley with a very close 11th round that could have gone either way.

In the 1st round it looked to me that Bradley was hurt, ducked a punch and moved his head below Provodnikov's arms when he pushed Bradley down.
“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.”

― Benjamin Franklin
rocketcoe

Post by rocketcoe »

Thanks for the hookup Astor.

Bradley is amazing. I rarely come away from watching a fight and feeling inspired (see Chico-Castillo I, Marquez-Pacquiao I). Bradley did it for me though. How many times have we seen a guy punch back carelessly after being hurt as Bradley was in Round 6 - only to get KTFO? I suppose that kind of toughness is made in the gym. What a champ.
the13r
TTR

Re: Tim Bradley Vs Provodnikov

Post by the13r »

OTD 2013

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”