OT: chickfila

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
wimpy

Re: OT: chickfila

Post by wimpy »

Bizkit wrote:Wake me when this shits over. Who the fuck defends Chick fil a soo much to wait in line for two hours for a fucking sandwich?
Or you could be on the other side of the issue, protest Chick-fil-a for hours and not even get a sandwich out of the deal! :lol:
“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.”

― Benjamin Franklin
Supreme Overlord

Post by Supreme Overlord »

I don't eat at chick-fil-a because they support hate and are homophobic but mostly because we don't have one here
RimmyJice

Post by RimmyJice »

Supreme Overlord wrote:I don't eat at chick-fil-a because they support hate and are homophobic but mostly because we don't have one here
:lol:
wimpy

Post by wimpy »

RimmyJice wrote:
Supreme Overlord wrote:I don't eat at chick-fil-a because they support hate and are homophobic but mostly because we don't have one here
“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.”

― Benjamin Franklin
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

So if somebody supports traditional marriage and donates money to anti guy cuases they are hatefull. So what happens when the shoe is placed on the other foot? Does the goose and gander annology fit in here at all?
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

straycat wrote:So if somebody supports traditional marriage and donates money to anti guy cuases they are hatefull. So what happens when the shoe is placed on the other foot? Does the goose and gander annology fit in here at all?

Give us an example. Which business donates money to an organization which mission is to end all marriage between a Man and a Woman?
Erison

Post by Erison »

straycat wrote:So if somebody supports traditional marriage and donates money to anti guy cuases they are hatefull. So what happens when the shoe is placed on the other foot? Does the goose and gander annology fit in here at all?
Are you fucking serious?
Done posting. RIP TTR.
wimpy

Post by wimpy »

deadlything wrote:

Give us an example. Which business donates money to an organization which mission is to define marriage?
I fixed that for you.

― Benjamin Franklin
straycat

Post by straycat »

So the element of hate is not derived merely from the act of contributing money to any cause but soley by the amount they contribute.
Got it.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat

Post by straycat »

wimpy wrote:
deadlything wrote:

Give us an example. Which business donates money to an organization which mission is to redefine marriage?
I fixed that for you.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

wimpy wrote:
deadlything wrote:

Give us an example. Which business donates money to an organization which mission is to define marriage?
I fixed that for you.

My question was correct. Your question is along the lines of those who get offended by people you donate money to the United Negro Fund and compare that to people you donate money to the KKK. One organization looks to help a group of people and the others looks to hold that group of people down.
wimpy

Post by wimpy »

straycat wrote:So the element of hate is not derived merely from the act of contributing money to any cause but soley by the amount they contribute.
Got it.
Yesterday I came across this article and had a similar question.

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/tucson- ... f887a.html

Video -

http://now.msn.com/executive-loses-job- ... ick-fil-a/

So what is truly considered hate? The person who supports a particular definition for marriage or the person who shows no tolerance towards people with a different opinion. Seems that when people try to define the issue in terms of hate it's more a window into their own mind. Do I hate drug users because I don't agree with drug use? Do I hate religious people if I'm an atheist or of different faith? Certainly their are a few who allow hate in their hearts but to define a whole entire group as hateful? Just a thought.

― Benjamin Franklin
XKawN

Post by XKawN »

so if i put money in the offering plate at church and the church is against gay marriage then i'm a bigoted person who promotes hate? not that i would ever go to church (unless the wife made me) or freely give money away, lol.
Little Floyd said Novocaine was injected into both of his hands before the bout. Novocaine is an analgesic, which is illegal in WBC title bouts.

http://a.espncdn.com/boxing/columns/graham/1207163.html
Erison

Post by Erison »

XKawN wrote:so if i put money in the offering plate at church and the church is against gay marriage then i'm a bigoted person who promotes hate? not that i would ever go to church (unless the wife made me) or freely give money away, lol.
I wouldn't buy your chicken sandwiches either.
Done posting. RIP TTR.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Wimpy
I heard the audio of thst video on my way to work yesterday.
Guess this guy will honestly never forget his moment of fame.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
XKawN

Post by XKawN »

Erison wrote:
XKawN wrote:so if i put money in the offering plate at church and the church is against gay marriage then i'm a bigoted person who promotes hate? not that i would ever go to church (unless the wife made me) or freely give money away, lol.

your a curious fellow, erison.
Little Floyd said Novocaine was injected into both of his hands before the bout. Novocaine is an analgesic, which is illegal in WBC title bouts.

BigPhank211

Post by BigPhank211 »

Erison wrote:
Okay. This made me laugh.
Two tears in a bucket, I wish ni@@as a pail.
A celebration b!tches, I wish ni@@as Chappelle.
They never caught wind, yet thought that they could sail,
against my Sea World flow. I wish you ni@@as whale!
kinggrissly

Post by kinggrissly »

XKawN wrote:I'm pro gay marriage
I believe protests are good in some cases, but being way over done and for the wrong reasons. Trying to shut down a business should be taken a little more serious.
But I also believe in freedom of speech.
Boycott fine, but protest serious business and should be not taken lightly.
I support chic-fa-whatever as a business in the free market like many who attended the restaurant yesterday, but don't have the time nor energy to stand in those lines.
The mayor's using their political power to stop the company from opening up in their districts should be ousted an maybe even arrested.
Imagine you're a middle manager at Chic Fil A and you're married to a man. When you hear the company president state in public that by allowing gay marriage America is inviting God's wrath, are you going to feel like you have the same job security and chances for promotion as anyone else?
NOT MY PRESIDENT
straycat

Post by straycat »

kinggrissly wrote:
I believe protests are good in some cases, but being way over done and for the wrong reasons. Trying to shut down a business should be taken a little more serious.
I support chic-fa-whatever as a business in the free market like many who attended the restaurant yesterday, but don't have the time nor energy to stand in those lines.
The mayor's using their political power to stop the company from opening up in their districts should be ousted an maybe even arrested.
Imagine you're a middle manager at Chic Fil A and you're married to a man. When you hear the company president state in public that by allowing gay marriage America is inviting God's wrath, are you going to feel like you have the same job security and chances for promotion as anyone else?
If this fella is married he definatley is not the bread winner and is probably only working cuz he is a bored stay at home spouse.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
XKawN

Post by XKawN »

kinggrissly wrote:
i wouldn't think otherwise without something tangible to change my mind. on the contrary i would be thinking "look at me, i'm gay working at chic-fila and middle to upper management. i'm proof he doesn't discriminate against gays".

Erison

Post by Erison »

straycat wrote:
kinggrissly wrote:
If this fella is married he definatley is not the bread winner and is probably only working cuz he is a bored stay at home spouse.
Are you fucking serious?
Done posting. RIP TTR.
straycat

Post by straycat »

:roll:
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
kinggrissly

Post by kinggrissly »

XKawN wrote:
kinggrissly wrote:
i wouldn't think otherwise without something tangible to change my mind. on the contrary i would be thinking "look at me, i'm gay working at chic-fila and middle to upper management. i'm proof he doesn't discriminate against gays".
Hard to believe. In the hierarchy of a company, the people making decisions on your fate have their fate in the hands of the higher-ups. I didn't hear anything in the statements that distinguished between the president's personal views with those of the company. I would bet money that there is discrimination against gays in that organization.
NOT MY PRESIDENT
Banks187

Post by Banks187 »

straycat wrote:
kinggrissly wrote:
What?
dustpan7 wrote:If this is true I am going to london on a boat, to bitch slap Haye. Then I am going to knee him in his robin Egg Size Balls. and when I get home I will Erase him from my myspace.
Erison

Post by Erison »

Banks187 wrote:
straycat wrote:If this fella is married he definatley is not the bread winner and is probably only working cuz he is a bored stay at home spouse.
What?
Exactly.
Done posting. RIP TTR.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”