Olympics Thread

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Re: Olympics Thread

Post by straycat »

About the chinese swimmer, sad if the accusations about her being juiced wind up bearing no actual merit. If it is legit this girl has done something unparalleled in this sport and deserves all the accolades that cone with this feet but its all being over shadowed by suspicion.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
DBO
Only DBO & Marciano have won All 3 Challenges
Only DBO & Marciano have won All 3 Challenges

Post by DBO »

Federer just downed the USA giant John Isner in two sets with the second going to a tie-breaker.
FightFanAL
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion

Post by FightFanAL »

anybody catc hthe Sotuh Korea power lifter who dislocated his elbow? That thing was horrendous looking
jskhosa
TTR Challenge #15 Super Champion

Post by jskhosa »

Phelps wins gold in the 200IM and Lochte finishes second. Phelps should have won gold on Tuesday when he lost by .5 of a second. So far through five events 2 golds 2 silvers. Two more events and possibly finishing with four golds and two silvers is not bad for a washed up guy who has no more fire in him.
jskhosa

Post by jskhosa »

Phelps wins gold in his last individual competition. 17 golds and 21 total medals...................
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

straycat wrote:About the chinese swimmer, sad if the accusations about her being juiced wind up bearing no actual merit. If it is legit this girl has done something unparalleled in this sport and deserves all the accolades that cone with this feet but its all being over shadowed by suspicion.

Yeah thing is they have close to 2 billion people so sooner or later with the sports program they have math takes over. She was probably born in the water quite literally and systematically raised in a pool.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
wimpy

Post by wimpy »

RASTA666 wrote:
straycat wrote:About the chinese swimmer, sad if the accusations about her being juiced wind up bearing no actual merit. If it is legit this girl has done something unparalleled in this sport and deserves all the accolades that cone with this feet but its all being over shadowed by suspicion.

Yeah thing is they have close to 2 billion people so sooner or later with the sports program they have math takes over. She was probably born in the water quite literally and systematically raised in a pool.
I heard one explanation that included her shoe size being a 10.5 and how her feet are practically fins. Reminds me of a show which evaluated Lance Armstrong's cardiovascular system's uncharacteristic capacity to efficiently use oxygen.
“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.”

― Benjamin Franklin
Supreme Overlord

Post by Supreme Overlord »

Just because
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rocketcoe

Post by rocketcoe »

Serena just won gold: 6-0; 6-1 and started Crip walking.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

rocketcoe wrote:Serena just won gold: 6-0; 6-1 and started Crip walking.

What's that?
Chef
jskhosa

Post by jskhosa »

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1276258/serena.gif

Wow, USA barely escape against Lithuania. They were actually down twice in the 4th quarter before LeBron took over. I can't believe how bad they played on defense but that is what happens when a team can break their pressure. Oh well, Spain lost to Russia as well.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

jskhosa wrote:http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1276258/serena.gif

Wow, USA barely escape against Lithuania. They were actually down twice in the 4th quarter before LeBron took over. I can't believe how bad they played on defense but that is what happens when a team can break their pressure. Oh well, Spain lost to Russia as well.
That dance is pretty cool, I like it! Thanks for showing that gif jskhosa.... No worries and no pressure for team usa right?:shock:
Chef
chef97

Post by chef97 »

jskhosa wrote:http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1276258/serena.gif

That dance is pretty cool, I like it! Thanks for showing that gif jskhosa.... No worries and no pressure for team usa right? :shock:
Chef
jskhosa

Post by jskhosa »

Definitely, but it's not necessarily a bad thing getting tested this early. Teams like Spain can compete with them and have the personnel to push them. More ball movement and less three pointers are a must from this point on. We have the best players in the World and the best closers so no excuse not to get it done.
jskhosa

Post by jskhosa »

Phelps ends the Olympics winning gold in the 4X100 medley relays.

4 golds and 2 silvers in 7 events. Not bad at all even though he had a chance to get two more golds. Still the best swimmer in the World for the 3rd straight Olympics.
rocketcoe

Post by rocketcoe »

How about that 10,000m? Farah wins for the home country. Rupp is the first American to medal in 100 years.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Chinese 16 year old girl wins breaks WR - Drugs
African 18 year old wins World Champs - Gender test
American 15 year old breaks WR - Phenomenal

Funny how these things work out. Just saying.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
rocketcoe

Post by rocketcoe »

Mayz wrote:Chinese 16 year old girl wins breaks WR - Drugs

Right on.
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

Andy is kicking Federers ass.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
rocketcoe

Post by rocketcoe »

RASTA666 wrote:Andy is kicking Federers ass.
Good grief. Just turned it on. Not quite as bad as Serena-Sharapova, but close.
wimpy

Post by wimpy »

rocketcoe wrote:
RASTA666 wrote:Andy is kicking Federers ass.
Good grief. Just turned it on. Not quite as bad as Serena-Sharapova, but close.
I heard Federer had a tough match in last one. Could have an effect.
“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.”

― Benjamin Franklin
WarBoxing

Post by WarBoxing »

Don't really know the story of Caster Semenya but the questions surrounding the Chinese girl are hypocritical, imo.
"I'm no WarBoxing" - Erison
Slippery Pete

Post by Slippery Pete »

I watched a documentary on the CBC the other day on the South African girl (It's our version of BBC).

When you look at her body, she has no breasts as all, as a matter of fact her chest is just like a male's is...she has pecs!

Her voice is 100% like a man. She has a sister and they did an interview together. If you had just turned the channel there you'd think it was a sister and brother speaking.

The South African girl has an unusually high level of testosterone. I'm assuming this has occurred naturally for her.

She mounted a court case in order to be allowed to run. The governing body had banned her from competing.

The most interesting thing about this case is this:

She sued the governing body, they relented and allowed her to run instead of allowing it to go to court. They changed the rules as far as how much testosterone a woman is allowed to have in her system when competing. So what you will probably have is a lot of female athletes taking testosterone to boost their performance because the governing body has raised the allowable levels to those of the South African girl.

This makes me thinK about the recent controversy regarding Peterson and the rumors that a lot of MMA fighters were juicing with testosterone. Sonnen even has a medical exemption so that he can take it when he's fighting.

Interesting subject that I assume will only get more intriguing as time passes.
WarBoxing

Post by WarBoxing »

rocketcoe wrote:How about that 10,000m? Farah wins for the home country. Rupp is the first American to medal in 100 years.
That was great.
"I'm no WarBoxing" - Erison
Slippery Pete

Post by Slippery Pete »

The men's 100m final is today sometime between 4-5pm EST...the crown jewel of the games.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”