Another Music Thread

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Re: Another Music Thread

Post by gilgamesh »

straycat wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:05 pm Sadly very little King Krimson in my vinyl or CD collection.
They have a rich history in the early rock years. My older brother had a few of their records, Jeferson Airplane, and Pocal Harum but I couldn't absorb all his musical interest I guess.
I bought the album Starless and Bible Black on Vinyl not too long ago. Was pretty disappointed in it.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Afraid I don't have any King Crimson. I do have a few Jefferson Airplane & Starship, and a few Procol Harem though.
I might pick browse for some if I am not seeing anything jump out at me but from the looks of it these two are a pass???
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Original Press
FB_IMG_1618786954371.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat

Post by straycat »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNt4NIQ7FTA

Clapton did an anti vax song, he apparently had temporary parlays in both his hands and wondered if he would ever play again.
Out of practice here cant remember how to cross link vids
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
KSTAT124
TTR Rankings & Results Editor

Post by KSTAT124 »

gilgamesh wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:55 am
straycat wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:05 pm Sadly very little King Krimson in my vinyl or CD collection.
They have a rich history in the early rock years. My older brother had a few of their records, Jeferson Airplane, and Pocal Harum but I couldn't absorb all his musical interest I guess.
I bought the album Starless and Bible Black on Vinyl not too long ago. Was pretty disappointed in it.
I have four King Crimson albums in my collection and Starless and Bible Black was the one I played the least. The one I played the most was their classic 1969 debut, In the Court of the Crimson King.

I just saw them in concert at the Beacon Theater on September 9. Great show! The only original member is Robert Fripp but many of the others have been in the band for a good number of years. Mel Collins, who made a guest appearance on their second album, In Wake of Poseidon back in 1970, is a regular member of the band. I'm not sure how long he's been in their regular lineup.

As for the concert, I wasn't familiar with their post-1974 material but, fortunately for me, the bulk of the songs they played were from In the Court of the Crimson King and Red, my two favorite King Crimson albums. (Collins also guested on Red, which like Starless and Bible Black, was released in 1974).

It was the second time I saw King Crimson. The first, which had to be in the early '70s, they were the second act to Procol Harum with Yes opening! Interestingly enough, Yes went from an opening act to headliners on their next tour.
straycat

Post by straycat »

>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Brother Johnny, the tribute album by Edgar Winter will drop April 15th.
Preorder is available at amazon folks.

TRe vid in the link is Johnny B Goode and features Joe Walsh on Guitar and Vocals

https://planetmosh.com/edgar-winter-ann ... y-b-goode/
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

This was yanked off of youtube a while back, pretty cool project.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

First time on vinyl only 2k copies, 😎😎😎
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

That's a great find. I was unaware of that album.
straycat

Post by straycat »

KSTAT124 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:58 pm That's a great find. I was unaware of that album.
First time on vinyl, came out in 2004, me n the kids mom got both our moms a copy and stuffed it in a Christmas Stocking when it first came out. Some pretty good tunes on it. "Crazy Love" feat Van Morrison is great, The BB King tune "Sinners Prayer" is another.
Last edited by straycat on Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
USMILMAN
TTR SuperFights Challenge #5 Champion

Post by USMILMAN »

I’ve been on such a big Pink Floyd kick lately. Fucking love them! David Gilmour is such a badass! Some of his guitar work is mesmerizing. Shine on you crazy Diamond, Time, Comfortably Numb, Learning to Fly, etc….

Criminally underrated
straycat

Post by straycat »

USMILMAN wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:45 pm I’ve been on such a big Pink Floyd kick lately. Fucking love them! David Gilmour is such a badass! Some of his guitar work is mesmerizing. Shine on you crazy Diamond, Time, Comfortably Numb, Learning to Fly, etc….

Criminally underrated
A Monetary Lapse Of Reason had a reissue this yr, 1/2speed remaster 45rpm double album. Ya gotta flip em over a bit sooner but sounds awesome. They also dropped an expanded reissue of Delicate Sound Of Thunder that has A New Machine pt I & II, Welcome To The Machine, One Slip and 5 other songs not on the original release. Outside of that I been playing the crap out of Fearless & Wats Uh The Deal lately.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
USMILMAN

Post by USMILMAN »

Fearless……love it! Been working a lot by myself lately. Been able to listen to a lot of music. Fleetwood Mac, CSN&Y, Rolling Stones, Simon and Garfunkel, Bob Dylan, the Beatles. Music back then was special.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Are you aware of this one Millie
https://www.collectorsmusicreviews.com/ ... ion-cd001/

Had the CD for about 5 years now snagged the vinyl up about 5 mo ago.
It's the demos for both WYWH & Animals.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Also look for the tribute versions Up Against The Wall, Still Wish You Where Here, & Return TDSOTM.
Lots of big league musicians participate, some reoccurring. They have an Animals version out that I am looking to pick up.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
USMILMAN

Post by USMILMAN »

straycat wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:38 pm Are you aware of this one Millie
https://www.collectorsmusicreviews.com/ ... ion-cd001/

Had the CD for about 5 years now snagged the vinyl up about 5 mo ago.
It's the demos for both WYWH & Animals.
Where did you find that? I’ve never heard shine 1-9 all together before. Didn’t know they had that available
straycat

Post by straycat »

Check discogs they prolly have someone selling a copy, maybe eBay.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

I checked em both ziltch city. Discogs says they won't authorize selling either format.
I can burn the CD version and mail it to you sometime this week. Hell Millie I have about 5 or 6 gigs of Floyd send me a 8g flash drive I will fatten you up no problem.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
USMILMAN

Post by USMILMAN »

I’ll pm you stray. Much appreciated
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

Wow! I noticed there was mention of The Dillards in this thread. I saw them open for The Young Rascals and The Byrds (who headlined) at the old, fondly remembered Island Garden in West Hempstead when I was in high school. That's a long, long time ago!

Of all the times I saw The Byrds, that was the only time Gene Clark was with them.
straycat

Post by straycat »

The song was recorded mid April 0f 1976 and released June 21st mid afternoon as a single, the song peaked at # 7 Top Billboard #4 R&B. It was added to there Greatest Hits Computation .
"All Day Music" was the B side.

Summer Time Is Here
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

Nazareth is such an underrated band, here's another good one by them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0MP1hOc6t8

I've had a stellar musical year so far. My record of most concerts attended in a year up to this point in my life was 4 which I got in 2018. When I saw GWAR 2x (once in Fort Wayne the other time in Detroit)

Then I saw Ted Nugent w/Blue Oyster Cult later in the year, and a Beatles cover band called The Fab Four.

Maybe I'm being generous calling a Tribute band a proper concert, but I say it counts. I mean they play the songs you know at a loud volume, for the length of any other show. It was pretty cool

I hadn't seen a goddamn show of any kind until this year due to Covid, and all that shit. As soon as restrictions dropped I was jonesing for some Live music, and good times.

So this year I've seen Bob Dylan (for the 2nd time), The Commodores (minus Lionel Richie of course) though the real highlight of that evening was a Journey cover band whose name I forget. I remember their website though because the singer said it 3 times lol. It's notjourney.com lol.

Anyway the 4th, record tying show of the year was the greatest show I've ever been to. I got to travel to St. Louis to see the mighty Dead and Company. It was fucking awesome.

Will break and then extend my record with a mini vacation road trip to Arkansas to see a Dead cover band called Forgotten Space in 2 locales.

Then in September will extend it further by seeing Jack White

Good year for music. Good year for good times.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”