OT: Game of Thrones, Season 2 - April 1!

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Woobase
TTR Contributor

OT: Game of Thrones, Season 2 - April 1!

Post by Woobase »

Just throwing out the friendly neighborhood reminder.....looking forward to Sunday nights season two premiere.
chef97

Re: OT: Game of Thrones, Season 2 - April 1!

Post by chef97 »

Woobase wrote:Just throwing out the friendly neighborhood reminder.....looking forward to Sunday nights season two premiere.
"Winter is comming!"
Chef
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

Tried to get into it Woo and I just cant.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
chef97

Post by chef97 »

"In the Game of Thrones you either win or die"....
Chef
mofo2

Post by mofo2 »

RASTA666 wrote:Tried to get into it Woo and I just cant.
I'm exactly the same mate, didnt do it for me!!
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Awesome show.
Erison

Post by Erison »

Hard to say after just one season, but it's probably the best show on TV right now.
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

Erison wrote:Hard to say after just one season, but it's probably the best show on TV right now.
Agree but Homeland is pretty good too.
scorpy

Post by scorpy »

mofo2 wrote:
BAN THOSE FOOLS!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:lol:
scorpy

Post by scorpy »

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UV3RflsNxak" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Erison

Post by Erison »

deadlything wrote:
Erison wrote:Hard to say after just one season, but it's probably the best show on TV right now.
Agree but Homeland is pretty good too.
I think Breaking Bad might be the only show I'd put above it. But if you only compare first seasons, Game of Thrones blows it away. And as long as it doesn't implode, it should only get better. From what I hear the books only get better from here. And HBO loves the show and they're throwing money and full support behind it. I think by season four it'll be in all time contention. But maybe I'm just excited, :lol:

War Stannis.
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

mofo2 wrote:
It just does nothing for me and almost seems over done. Each to their own I guess.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
LORD

Post by LORD »

I love this show.
Let me know

Post by Danielk015 »

For me, best show on TV, hands down.

Books 2-3 are good. 4 is a bit slow
ceelowsback

Post by ceelowsback »

CAN'T WAIT!!
TEAM PLATANO POWER - CARIBBEAN CONNECTION
BigPhank211

Post by BigPhank211 »

stenchasaurous wrote:I started reading the books a couple weeks ago; about half-way through the fourth right now. It's a solid series, but the characters he chose to focus on and develop are underwhelming. Tyrion is basically the only one of the main characters that's interesting, although he's improved Jaime's character lately as well. The Hound is probably the coolest character in the entire series IMO, and he's basically relegated to bit part status so far (trying to avoid potential SPOILERS)......

I'm hoping Sandor isn't dead and actually is the big gravedigger Brienne sees at the Quiet Isle and that he makes some sort of comeback in future books.
I wouldn't mind if HBO takes some liberties from the books as they move forward, for the reasons you mentioned. I was a little dissappointed when I finally finished the series.

I think the Bastard John Snow is my favorite character.
Two tears in a bucket, I wish ni@@as a pail.
A celebration b!tches, I wish ni@@as Chappelle.
They never caught wind, yet thought that they could sail,
against my Sea World flow. I wish you ni@@as whale!
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

BigPhank211 wrote:
stenchasaurous wrote:I started reading the books a couple weeks ago; about half-way through the fourth right now. It's a solid series, but the characters he chose to focus on and develop are underwhelming. Tyrion is basically the only one of the main characters that's interesting, although he's improved Jaime's character lately as well. The Hound is probably the coolest character in the entire series IMO, and he's basically relegated to bit part status so far (trying to avoid potential SPOILERS)......

I'm hoping Sandor isn't dead and actually is the big gravedigger Brienne sees at the Quiet Isle and that he makes some sort of comeback in future books.
I wouldn't mind if HBO takes some liberties from the books as they move forward, for the reasons you mentioned. I was a little dissappointed when I finally finished the series.

The Bastard and the Dwarf are my favorite character . For TV show.
DBO
Only DBO & Marciano have won All 3 Challenges
Only DBO & Marciano have won All 3 Challenges

Post by DBO »

I am pretty geeked for this.
LORD

Post by LORD »

DBO wrote:I am pretty geeked for this.

Me too. And Daenerys Targaryen is so hot. Yummmmskies. I'd prolly watch just to look at her, lol.
Let me know

Post by deadlything »

stenchasaurous wrote:
BigPhank211 wrote:

There's supposed to be another book coming out still after the 5th, so maybe he'll tie things up. I haven't even started the 5th, so I don't know what happens. Haven't watched the show either except one random episode, although I've heard good things of course.
It's as well done as the Carnivale.
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

Not a bad 1st episode. The season is going to be great.
Erison

Post by Erison »

deadlything wrote:Not a bad 1st episode. The season is going to be great.
I think despite not much happening other than showing where the characters are, this was the best episode yet. You can really see how much better the production values are, and how it looks so much better due to being filmed on location moreso this season.
Erison

Post by Erison »

stenchasaurous wrote:I think I'll wait until they've all been made before I watch it. HBO has burned me too many times.
The HBO brass are putting their full support behind the show. They say they'll keep making it as long as there's books to adapt. They may start splitting books into two seasons each, though.
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

solid first episode setting things up... The season is going to be great!
rocketcoe

Post by rocketcoe »

Danielk015 wrote:solid first episode setting things up... The season is going to be great!

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”