OT: Game of Thrones, Season 2 - April 1!

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
pimparoni32

Re: OT: Game of Thrones, Season 2 - April 1!

Post by pimparoni32 »

Erison wrote:I wonder who would win in a tournament if you had all the characters. Drogo, Jaime, Loras, Sandor, Ned, Gregor.
Sandor and Loras both unhorsed Jamie in the book. It seemed from reading the book that Sandor is the toughest fighter in the realm.
"Being alive's a crock of $hit" Kilgore Trout
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

BigPhank211 wrote:
stenchasaurous wrote:
Erison wrote:I wonder who would win in a tournament if you had all the characters. Drogo, Jaime, Loras, Sandor, Ned, Gregor.
Drogo is supposed to be a badass warrior as far as battle, but they don't really show much of him one-on-one in the books. Jaime is supposed to be an awesome swordsman technically, and pretty physically good. Loras is pretty great with a lance and at jousting, but in the book he himself admits his older brother is better than him with the sword. Not sure if his older brother is in the show or not. Ned is supposed to be pretty tough, but nothing really special. Gregor is a physical beast, but not shown being especially skillful. He's supposed to be ridiculously huge in the books, like almost 8' tall and 420lbs of muscle. Sandor is huge (like 6'9 or so), and fast, mean as shit, and really good at fighting. He's also somewhat of a raging alcoholic who is scared of fire (understandably enough) though.

In the books, the King, Robert Baratheon, is supposed to be about 6'6 and was a badass motherfucker when he was young.

Not sure if he's in the show, but Barristan Selmy is supposed to be an older knight who is really fucking tough. Another guy, who's dead before the books but everyone seems to think was the best swordsman skill wise, maybe ever, is Arthur Dayne. Another guy who's awesome in the books is Oberyn Martell. Bronn is supposed to be pretty fucking tough too, along with a few other guys. One of the unspoken themes in the books seems to be that there aren't really any unquestionably peerless warriors; it's hazy at the top. Pretty realistic as far as that goes.
BadA$$!!! They are my two picks. If they made a GoT video game, they would be the characters I'd pick every time, and Briene, because I'd get a kick out of whupping somebody with a girl.
The game came out this week. It has got bad reviews.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/15/ ... nes-review
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

I just downloaded the GoT audio books.
BigPhank211

Post by BigPhank211 »

A Game of Thrones RPG?!?! YUCK!!!!! I was envisioning a Soulcaliber type fighting game.
Two tears in a bucket, I wish ni@@as a pail.
A celebration b!tches, I wish ni@@as Chappelle.
They never caught wind, yet thought that they could sail,
against my Sea World flow. I wish you ni@@as whale!
Erison

Post by Erison »

BigPhank211 wrote:A Game of Thrones RPG?!?! YUCK!!!!! I was envisioning a Soulcaliber type fighting game.
I think it needs to be a Civilization-type RTS, where you manage your family, castles, bannermen, have to stock for winter, deal with politics.
Done posting. RIP TTR.
Supreme Overlord

Post by Supreme Overlord »

Jaqen and Syrio could very well be the same person i hadn't thought of that but i think the shadow creature that Melisandre gave birth to and the Others are the same thing

and the Game of Thrones RPG is supposed to be kinda like Skyrim except Westeros i guess
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

The Audio Books is pretty good. I'm about 4 hours in and on chapter 31.
Erison

Post by Erison »

deadlything wrote:The Audio Books is pretty good. I'm about 4 hours in and on chapter 31.
Is it Roy Dotrice narrating? I hated him. When I picture Game of Thrones, it's a dour Irish narrator. Like Sean Bean or Liam Cunningham. Even Charles Dance. That authoritative seen it all kind of voice. But Roy Dotrice does it all silly like he's reading Harry Potter.
Done posting. RIP TTR.
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

Erison wrote:
deadlything wrote:The Audio Books is pretty good. I'm about 4 hours in and on chapter 31.
Is it Roy Dotrice narrating? I hated him. When I picture Game of Thrones, it's a dour Irish narrator. Like Sean Bean or Liam Cunningham. Even Charles Dance. That authoritative seen it all kind of voice. But Roy Dotrice does it all silly like he's reading Harry Potter.

It is but i think he does a good job. He voice changes helps to distinguished between characters.
ceelowsback

Post by ceelowsback »

Theon must pay!!
TEAM PLATANO POWER - CARIBBEAN CONNECTION
Erison

Post by Erison »

Yet another great episode. Not much happening, just moving the plots further slightly. This might have been the most emotional episode. One of my predictions came true with Jaime, escaping (well sort of). I knew he had to get out somehow. Love Robb's love story. I wonder what's going to happen with the Fray's. Shouldn't be a big deal, except for Robb's honorbound nature. Fucking love Bronn. He's the coolest. And fucking hell, they couldn't afford the battles in season one, but from the preview they went all out for this one. The war is going to be epic.

A minor complaint, I feel like they're having trouble including Davos' backstory. They keep trying cram it in awkwardly. Have someone mention his fingers, mention the onion, then mention what he did with the onions, point to the fingers again. I feel like they just should have had one extended conversation back at Dragonstone between Davos and Stannis. Get it all in once and be done with it. But as is, we're to believe that Stannis and Davos are just standing around on a ship just reminiscing awkwardly through exposition. "Hey remember that one time?" "Oh yes, I do, but go ahead, repeat the whole thing out loud."

No way Stannis can win. He should, but it won't happen. I don't know how, I don't know if Joffrey wins necessarily, but Stannis won't.
Done posting. RIP TTR.
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

Erison wrote:Yet another great episode. Not much happening, just moving the plots further slightly. This might have been the most emotional episode. One of my predictions came true with Jaime, escaping (well sort of). I knew he had to get out somehow. Love Robb's love story. I wonder what's going to happen with the Fray's. Shouldn't be a big deal, except for Robb's honorbound nature. Fucking love Bronn. He's the coolest. And fucking hell, they couldn't afford the battles in season one, but from the preview they went all out for this one. The war is going to be epic.

A minor complaint, I feel like they're having trouble including Davos' backstory. They keep trying cram it in awkwardly. Have someone mention his fingers, mention the onion, then mention what he did with the onions, point to the fingers again. I feel like they just should have had one extended conversation back at Dragonstone between Davos and Stannis. Get it all in once and be done with it. But as is, we're to believe that Stannis and Davos are just standing around on a ship just reminiscing awkwardly through exposition. "Hey remember that one time?" "Oh yes, I do, but go ahead, repeat the whole thing out loud."

No way Stannis can win. He should, but it won't happen. I don't know how, I don't know if Joffrey wins necessarily, but Stannis won't.

Agree theses last two episodes should be awesome.

After making it half way through the audio book and i can tell you that as far as the first season the TV show does a good job of capturing the book. The one thing the show does is cut out some of the back stories and some conversation our left out. I laughed out loud a couple times with parts that were in the audio book. I can't complain about the show because they give me faces to characters in the book.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Erison wrote:Yet another great episode. Not much happening, just moving the plots further slightly. This might have been the most emotional episode. One of my predictions came true with Jaime, escaping (well sort of). I knew he had to get out somehow. Love Robb's love story. I wonder what's going to happen with the Fray's. Shouldn't be a big deal, except for Robb's honorbound nature. Fucking love Bronn. He's the coolest. And fucking hell, they couldn't afford the battles in season one, but from the preview they went all out for this one. The war is going to be epic.

Why do you pretend you haven't read the books? (or found out what happens in them anyway).
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
Erison

Post by Erison »

Mayz wrote:

Why do you pretend you haven't read the books? (or found out what happens in them anyway).
I honestly don't know. I only read book one, I'll read book 2 after this season. That was my plan anyway. But it sounds like the writers are no longer adhering to the book structure, and will start doing things out of order, So from here on out book=/=season.

But I'm guessing you're confirming Stannis won't win, :lol:
Done posting. RIP TTR.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Thanks for that Mayz.

Won't be reading this thread again. :roll:
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Erison wrote:
Mayz wrote:

I honestly don't know. I only read book one, I'll read book 2 after this season. That was my plan anyway. But it sounds like the writers are no longer adhering to the book structure, and will start doing things out of order, So from here on out book=/=season.

But I'm guessing you're confirming Stannis won't win, :lol:
Lol, I didn't get to the Stannis bit to be honest, stopped reading halfway through, because I realised it was another of your 'prediction posts', where you make a couple of obvious errors so that nobody questions you and then 'predict' the rest. I know a lot of people who watch this and love it, but none of them actually have a grasp of all the characters unless they have read it (its pretty confusing!), that's the biggest giveaway. Anyway, you said you read the first one, so that's probably the reason why.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
Erison

Post by Erison »

I fall into a weird camp of people who don't know what's going to happen, but I know about everything that has happened. I haven't read ahead in the books, but I've obsessed about every single detail that's been aired in the show. There's a wiki site that only includes information as the episodes reveal it. I check that to see if I understood things. But I'm not being clever in lying about my predictions, :lol I also predicted Arya would save Ned. So it's not like I'm batting a thousand.
Done posting. RIP TTR.
BigPhank211

Post by BigPhank211 »

I read all of the books and still don't have a grasp on all of the characters! Seeing them on TV is helping. It's funny how some of the characters look exactly how you envisioned them in your mind's eye, and some completely different.
Erison

Post by Erison »

I really hope Robb doesn't get fucked. But I don't see how he could have a happy ending...
Done posting. RIP TTR.
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

Erison wrote:I really hope Robb doesn't get fucked. But I don't see how he could have a happy ending...

I see another war is his future.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Erison wrote:I really hope Robb doesn't get fucked. But I don't see how he could have a happy ending...
But, Robb did have a happy ending last night thanks to the lady doctor... :D
Chef
LORD

Post by LORD »

chef97 wrote:
But, Robb did have a happy ending last night thanks to the lady doctor... :D

Who's pretty fuckin' sexy btw.
Let me know

Post by BigPhank211 »

Hummina humminaa!!!
Erison

Post by Erison »

Did you guys know that smoking hot doctor is Charlie Chaplins granddaughter?? Crazy trivia.
Done posting. RIP TTR.
babak

Post by babak »

quote="Erison"]I fall into a weird camp of people who don't know what's going to happen, but I know about everything that has happened. I haven't read ahead in the books, but I've obsessed about every single detail that's been aired in the show. There's a wiki site that only includes information as the episodes reveal it. I check that to see if I understood things. But I'm not being clever in lying about my predictions, :lol I also predicted Arya would save Ned. So it's not like I'm batting a thousand.[/quote]

i am on http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Gam ... rones_Wiki all day, random things like the below interest me

The hand that Davos loses fingers from has been changed from his left to his right, a result of actor Liam Cunningham being left-handed[7].
Whilst some CGI was used to show the illusion of Davos not having fingertips, most of the time Liam Cunningham just wore a glove and kept his fingers bent inside. Whilst effective and cheap, this did cause him some pain when it came to straightening his fingers out once shooting was finished for the day[8].
If we fight for money, I’ll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honor, I’ll stop hitting you when I feel like it.” - rickson gracie

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”