OT: Duder, DBO, Stench, 3Mos....AMERICAN GODS & Other bo

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Woobase
TTR Contributor

OT: Duder, DBO, Stench, 3Mos....AMERICAN GODS & Other bo

Post by Woobase »

I know I discussed the book with someone from here...can't remember who....but just picked this up (surprised I have not read it before...being a Gaiman fan from his Sandman comic series....anyway....again, not sure who recommended it to me, but if not one of you guys...have you read it, and if so, thoughts?

Also, Duder, you recommended some other books to me a while back....can you remember what they were? Received a B&N gift card, and I'm jonzing to order some books. (No fucking Kindle/Amazon or Nook/B&N for me...give me books to hold dammit).

I am re-reading "For Whom The Bell Tolls" (why???) and will start American Gods hopefully by the weekend.

Thanks
threadkiller

Post by threadkiller »

Glad you know how to read Woo.
chef97

Re: OT: Duder, DBO, Stench, 3Mos....AMERICAN GODS & Othe

Post by chef97 »

Woobase wrote:I know I discussed the book with someone from here...can't remember who....but just picked this up (surprised I have not read it before...being a Gaiman fan from his Sandman comic series....anyway....again, not sure who recommended it to me, but if not one of you guys...have you read it, and if so, thoughts?

Also, Duder, you recommended some other books to me a while back....can you remember what they were? Received a B&N gift card, and I'm jonzing to order some books. (No fucking Kindle/Amazon or Nook/B&N for me...give me books to hold dammit).

I am re-reading "For Whom The Bell Tolls" (why???) and will start American Gods hopefully by the weekend.

Thanks
Hey Woo, my son aka SupremOverLord has read the American Gods book as well as all of the Game of Thrones series of books all this past summer too (I think 4 books in total).... I'll have him respond to this thread to chat w/ you about these books....
Chef
DBO
Only DBO & Marciano have won All 3 Challenges
Only DBO & Marciano have won All 3 Challenges

Post by DBO »

I have not read this author, Woo.
Supreme Overlord

Post by Supreme Overlord »

Yeah i read it and absolutely loved it it was the first Gaiman novel i read my friend let me borrow it and i loved it so much that i bought it then bought it again when the tenth anniversary edition came out lol
scorpy

Post by scorpy »

Read it. It's good, not great imho. If you want to read something great by Gaiman, read the Sandman comics. IMHO, American Gods is kinda like Sandman, only Sandman is better.
scorpy

Post by scorpy »

chef97 wrote:
Woobase wrote:I know I discussed the book with someone from here...can't remember who....but just picked this up (surprised I have not read it before...being a Gaiman fan from his Sandman comic series....anyway....again, not sure who recommended it to me, but if not one of you guys...have you read it, and if so, thoughts?

Thanks
Hey Woo, my son aka SupremOverLord has read the American Gods book as well as all of the Game of Thrones series of books all this past summer too (I think 4 books in total).... I'll have him respond to this thread to chat w/ you about these books....
There are 5 GoT books Chef, so you missed 2 books somehow. lol
chef97

Post by chef97 »

scorpy wrote:
chef97 wrote:

Thanks
There are 5 GoT books Chef, so you missed 2 books somehow. lol
Yup, my son corrected me yesterday as the series I bought for him had the first 4 books and he rented the 5th book from our local library and finished it the 5th book in 6 days said he couldn't put it down....LOL He says his next tattoo will say "Winter is comming!" From Game of Thrones...
Chef

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”