OT: Favorite Video Games of All Time

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
chuck9788

Post by chuck9788 »

Haven't played games in years.

But Nintendo wise I was addicted to "Mike Tyson's Punchout". I detested Bald Bull. In the rematch I smashed him up goooood.
USMILMAN
TTR SuperFights Challenge #5 Champion
TTR SuperFights Challenge #5 Champion

Post by USMILMAN »

Ranger X for sega
Mortal combat 2 sega
NBA jams TE edition for sega
Bubble bobble for nes
Supreme Overlord

Post by Supreme Overlord »

Diablo series
Resident Evil series
Call of Duty Black ops
Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

rocketcoe wrote:
Barry_BondsMVP wrote:Rocket, good call on Here Comes The Pain, and Also Fight Night 4 was solid too...007 on N-64, that was the best multi-player game for years and NWO vs WCW
Thanks. I can't play the new versions of wrestling since then. Too complicated.

Awesome list for you. If the government would just pay me $20,000/yr for the rest of my life, I could sit at home and do nothing but play video games.
lol same here
"Injustice, evil can’t be allowed to happen. If it happens close to you you must intervene. Sometimes you can only overcome evil with force. I always try to talk it over"

Fedor

Ben

Post by Ben »

System Shock 2
Metroid / Super Metroid / Metroid Prime
Mass Effect 1/2
Super Punch Out
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario World
Chrono Trigger / Cross
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further."

Richard Dawkins
jillgas

Post by jillgas »

Mario Kart snes
Double Dragon Nintendo
Blades of steel
tecmo bowl
Philadelphia Phillies 110 wins - 2011 World Series Champions
pimparoni32

Post by pimparoni32 »

jillgas wrote:Mario Kart snes
Double Dragon Nintendo
Blades of steel
tecmo bowl
great picks those are all among my faves
"Being alive's a crock of $hit" Kilgore Trout
jillgas

Post by jillgas »

pimparoni32 wrote:
Double Dragon Nintendo
Blades of steel
tecmo bowl
All classics for sure.
Philadelphia Phillies 110 wins - 2011 World Series Champions
Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, good call on Double Dragon and Blades Of Steel...what was that dirt bike game where you can build your own tracks???
"Injustice, evil can’t be allowed to happen. If it happens close to you you must intervene. Sometimes you can only overcome evil with force. I always try to talk it over"

Fedor

mattd3742

Post by mattd3742 »

Tecmo Super bowl
Tecmo bowl
blades of steel
river city ransom
mario cart
also a big fan of the call of duty games that I have played
BIGBrandon2785

Post by BIGBrandon2785 »

Tecmo Bowl
Madden (whole series)
Griffey baseball
MVP baseball
NBA jam
Golden Eye 007(the greatest multi player game ever)
Max Payne
DOA
Contra
Mike Tyson Punch Out
supermaxpapic

Post by supermaxpapic »

tecmo super bowl (nes)
street fighter alpha 2
mortal kombat 2 (snes)
resident evil 1, 2, 3 (ps1), 4 (ps2)

Team PlatanoPower... "El Fundador".
LORD

Post by LORD »

Barry_BondsMVP wrote:Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, good call on Double Dragon and Blades Of Steel...what was that dirt bike game where you can build your own tracks???

Excitebike and it was awesome! Good call.
Let me know

Post by tmoney1224 »

NES
Mario Bros 3
Punch-Out
Little League Baseball

Super NES
Tecmo Super Bowl
Street Fighter II

SEGA Genesis
Madden 97 (I think it was 96)
NBA JAM
Pitfall

PS3
Pretty much any GTA

Arcade
Cruisin' USA
Ninja Turtles II
mekane
Donator & Superfights Challenge #2, 4 & 7 Champion

Post by mekane »

PS3: Mortal Kombat 9
NateKN250

Post by NateKN250 »

LORD wrote:Elevator Action

R.C. Pro Am

Street Fighter series

Resident Evil I is an all time classic

Fight Night 3

Command & Conquer
RC Pro Am is a GEM
Ali wrote:I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my
bedroom and was in bed before the room was dark.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

To make it easier I will just list my #1 game for each system that I have a favorite. For the systems that I do not have a favorite there will simply be no listing.

NES:
The Legend of Zelda

SNES:
Ogre Battle

N64:
Mario Kart 64

GameCube:
Eternal Darkness

PS2:
Kingdom Hearts (Probably my #1 game overall)

Wii:
Resident Evil 4

Xbox 360:
BioShock
NateKN250

Post by NateKN250 »

primetime21335 wrote:I think it was Madden '08 on PS2 that finally got it just about perfect. You could actually return kicks for TD's (if you knew how to do it, not just holding "X" the whole time, you gotta set that shit up). The running game was a straight fucking Sim. Great, great game, even with all the contact recognition and super cpu problems.

Then, the next years version they change it so you can't return kicks again. :roll: I fucking hated Madden... wait what? Madden for PS2 was like a lot like a woman. :lol:

Some great games already named. I'll name only my very favorites.

Left 4 Dead 2 (Versus)
Pokemon Blue on GB (and I never even liked pokemon...)
Mario Tennis 64 (perhaps the best 1 v 1 versus game I have ever played)
Madden on PS2 (the new madden's are garbage)
Contra
Prime...did you like L4D2 over L4D? I thought the matchmaking just fell off on the second one. David and I couldn't get anyone to play against us in L4D2.
NateKN250

Post by NateKN250 »

jillgas wrote:
pimparoni32 wrote:
Double Dragon Nintendo
Blades of steel
tecmo bowl
All classics for sure.
Blades of Steel was awesome.
mekane

Post by mekane »

David wrote:To make it easier I will just list my #1 game for each system that I have a favorite. For the systems that I do not have a favorite there will simply be no listing.

NES:
The Legend of Zelda

SNES:
Ogre Battle

N64:
Mario Kart 64

GameCube:
Eternal Darkness

PS2:

Wii:
Resident Evil 4

Xbox 360:
BioShock
Haven't played a lot of these, I'll have to check these out... never even heard of Ogre Battle - sounds funny
David
Administrator

Post by David »

mekane wrote:
David wrote:To make it easier I will just list my #1 game for each system that I have a favorite. For the systems that I do not have a favorite there will simply be no listing.

NES:
The Legend of Zelda

SNES:
Ogre Battle

N64:
Mario Kart 64

GameCube:
Eternal Darkness

PS2:

Wii:
Resident Evil 4

Xbox 360:
BioShock
Haven't played a lot of these, I'll have to check these out... never even heard of Ogre Battle - sounds funny
It's a real-time strategy game. They made one for the N64 but I just didn't like it quite as much. The storyline intrigued me more than anything in the game. Also, the fact that you could finish with about 30 different endings made the game interesting. The difficult part, though, was maintaining a certain reputation. It was very easy to simply use your best units to constantly fight instead of showing "mercy" to the enemy. There was a reputation meter that was very difficult to keep at its highest level.

Eternal Darkness was fantastic because of its use of a "sanity" meter. It was probably the most inventive game I've ever played but I won't say much else in case you do play because the surprise of the game is what made it so good.
NateKN250

Post by NateKN250 »

NES:
1. Super Mario Bros 2
2. Double Dragon 3
3. Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link
AND MANY MORE.

SNES:
1. Super Mario World
2. Super Punch Out!
3. Super Metroid

N64:
1. 007: Golden Eye
2. Mario Kart: 64
3. Conkers Bad Fur Day

GameCube:
1. Eternal Darkness
2. Resident Evil 4
3. Metroid Prime

PS2:
1. Kingdom Hearts
2. Final Fantasy X
3. Shadow of the Colossus

Xbox 360:
1. Borderlands (BEST OVERALL)
2. BioShock
3. Gears of War (The entire series)

XBLA:
1. Bastion (Very close to best overall for me)
2. Limbo
3. NBA Jam: OFE

Rock Band gets an honorable mention on every system, because I spent the most time with the most number of friends with this game.
mekane

Post by mekane »

David wrote:
mekane wrote:

NES:
The Legend of Zelda

SNES:
Ogre Battle

N64:
Mario Kart 64

GameCube:
Eternal Darkness

PS2:

Wii:
Resident Evil 4

Xbox 360:
BioShock
It's a real-time strategy game. They made one for the N64 but I just didn't like it quite as much. The storyline intrigued me more than anything in the game. Also, the fact that you could finish with about 30 different endings made the game interesting. The difficult part, though, was maintaining a certain reputation. It was very easy to simply use your best units to constantly fight instead of showing "mercy" to the enemy. There was a reputation meter that was very difficult to keep at its highest level.

Eternal Darkness was fantastic because of its use of a "sanity" meter. It was probably the most inventive game I've ever played but I won't say much else in case you do play because the surprise of the game is what made it so good.
Sweet. I hope they aren't too dated now i might give them a shot. What games do you play right now, PC games?
David
Administrator

Post by David »

mekane wrote:
David wrote:
mekane wrote: Haven't played a lot of these, I'll have to check these out... never even heard of Ogre Battle - sounds funny

Sweet. I hope they aren't too dated now i might give them a shot. What games do you play right now, PC games?
Ogre Battle definitely is not for everyone. You'll know quickly whether or not you enjoy the game. You might want to pick up some sort of guide to help you learn more quickly how the game works. I think most people give up on it because it is pretty complex. I completely understand that this type of game is not everyone's cup of tea, though.

I've been in kind of a lull lately with games. I really haven't played PC games since Command & Conquer and Red Alert. It's been a LONG time. I'm about to pick up Batman: Arkham Asylum and finally play that. I had been playing Halo: Reach and Borderlands. Next on my list is Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Bayonetta, Fallout 3, Little Big Planet and Fable III to name a few. I saw that you had listed MK 9 for the PS3. Is it worth picking up?
mekane

Post by mekane »

David wrote:Ogre Battle definitely is not for everyone. You'll know quickly whether or not you enjoy the game. You might want to pick up some sort of guide to help you learn more quickly how the game works. I think most people give up on it because it is pretty complex. I completely understand that this type of game is not everyone's cup of tea, though.

I've been in kind of a lull lately with games. I really haven't played PC games since Command & Conquer and Red Alert. It's been a LONG time. I'm about to pick up Batman: Arkham Asylum and finally play that. I had been playing Halo: Reach and Borderlands. Next on my list is Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Bayonetta, Fallout 3, Little Big Planet and Fable III to name a few. I saw that you had listed MK 9 for the PS3. Is it worth picking up?
Yeah I haven't played any PC games in a while, the few i've gotten i didn't like and quit almost right away. Looking forward to Diablo 3 though.

Yeah its a decent game, I'm not sure how good it is, its the first fighter game I've played seriously... The thing is, you have to have friends who want to play it and play it seriously... the 1 player mode is pretty much garbage, and so is online play IMO (lag realllly kills the game)...

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”