Wlad's left hook did NOT land!!

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
rocketcoe

Post by rocketcoe »

Chambers fell like Walcott in the first Marciano fight.

Suspicious stuff because neither punch landed IMO.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

This thread is pretty humorous.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

the part i cant belive is Burrowz is trying to Say it hit off his LEFT Glove and that KO'd him :lol:
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
David
Administrator

Post by David »

marciano1952 wrote:the part i cant belive is Burrowz is trying to Say it hit off his LEFT Glove and that KO'd him :lol:
That would honestly be amazing.
5Burowz

Post by 5Burowz »

marciano1952 wrote:the part i cant belive is Burrowz is trying to Say it hit off his LEFT Glove and that KO'd him :lol:
I am not saying for a fact that the ricochet KO'd him--that's simply a possibility. I AM saying that Wlad's glove hit Eddie's left glove and Eddie's glove crashed into his face. It's plainly obvious to me that that's what happened after carefully reviewing the clips many, many times.
5Burowz

Post by 5Burowz »

David wrote:

Look at the first .gif VERY carefully. Repeat viewings are necessary.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

5Burowz wrote:
David wrote:

I really have looked at it a lot and the problem is with the framerate. The punches are basically skipping frames because the camera or the stream was not able to handle real-time.
5Burowz

Post by 5Burowz »

David wrote:
5Burowz wrote:
David wrote: That would honestly be amazing.

I really have looked at it a lot and the problem is with the framerate. The punches are basically skipping frames because the camera or the ______ was not able to handle real-time.

But, it is pretty obvious that Eddie's head/face is out of reach of the trajectory of Wlad's punch.
Erison

Post by Erison »

5Burowz wrote:
David wrote:
5Burowz wrote:
I really have looked at it a lot and the problem is with the framerate. The punches are basically skipping frames because the camera or the ______ was not able to handle real-time.

But, it is pretty obvious that Eddie's head/face is out of reach of the trajectory of Wlad's punch.
Disagree...
Done posting. RIP TTR.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

5Burowz wrote:
David wrote:
5Burowz wrote:

I think what we are seeing in the first .gif is the moment after Wlad's punch lands on Eddie and Eddie's face has already jerked to the side and Wlad's hand is just past his head and that is why it looks like it is not landing. Wlad has the proper form for that left hook in that it is extended completely at the absolute last point of contact and lands which is what is causing the damage. It looks like it caught just enough of his chin/face to snap his head sideways and put his lights out.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Burowz, watch the Gif of the KO, if Wlad hit Chambers LEFT golve why does his head move to the left befor his Glove does?
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
theVAMP
TTR MMA Challenge #2 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #2 Champ

Post by theVAMP »

I'm confused to what's the argument now.

Burowz, do you feel Eddie was KO'd? Or not?

And by what?
5Burowz

Post by 5Burowz »

marciano1952 wrote:Burowz, watch the Gif of the KO, if Wlad hit Chambers LEFT golve why does his head move to the left befor his Glove does?
Actually, Eddie's head moves to the left a little bit when Wlad's punch is about halfway there. You have to pause it at the right moment (obviously) to see it but he does indeed voluntarily move his head to the left a little bit before the punch arrives. Also, another explanation is that you might be making your assessment based on the camera angle that was from behind Eddie--which makes it look like it hit Eddie's face first. This is why it is important to carefully evaluate EACH angle of the punch. I did not come to my conclusion after just watching one of the angles one or two times. I came to my conclusion after watching each angle dozens of times.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

5Burowz wrote:
marciano1952 wrote:Burowz, watch the Gif of the KO, if Wlad hit Chambers LEFT golve why does his head move to the left befor his Glove does?
Actually, Eddie's head moves to the left a little bit when Wlad's punch is about halfway there. You have to pause it at the right moment (obviously) to see it but he does indeed voluntarily move his head to the left a little bit before the punch arrives. Also, another explanation is that you might be making your assessment based on the camera angle that was from behind Eddie--which makes it look like it hit Eddie's face first. This is why it is important to carefully evaluate EACH angle of the punch. I did not come to my conclusion after just watching one of the angles one or two times. I came to my conclusion after watching each angle dozens of times.
ok mekane :lol:
5Burowz

Post by 5Burowz »

theVAMP wrote:I'm confused to what's the argument now.

Burowz, do you feel Eddie was KO'd? Or not?

And by what?

Actually, it's an observation, not an argument. I am in no way shape or form trying to argue about this. And, I have no idea if Eddie was really KO'd or not. I am ONLY talking about the punch and my belief that it hit Eddie's left glove and not his face/head.
5Burowz

Post by 5Burowz »

rocketcoe wrote:Chambers fell like Walcott in the first Marciano fight.

Suspicious stuff because neither punch landed IMO.

Rocket, what makes you believe the punch did not land?
the13r
TTR

Re: Wlad's left hook did NOT land!!

Post by the13r »

OTD 2010
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

I cannot believe how much time is between now and these conversations…..I remember this thread like it was just yesterday
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

I know it's crazy how quick time went
Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

Who’s gonna reach out to these guys to come back? I know most are on FB.
"Injustice, evil can’t be allowed to happen. If it happens close to you you must intervene. Sometimes you can only overcome evil with force. I always try to talk it over"

Fedor

straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

I hit up BertL and Loser a while ago. I do know BertL comments on ur FB blast if you don't recognize his handle. Woo dropped a blast about boxing and tagged ESPN peeps the other day and Rugger, Knockout123, Grey Bandit, Lord, BigBoscoe (who has an acct here Idris Sallam) and few others chimed in. Felt like throwing TTR in. Also a while back I coaxed Vamp to drop in. He might of touched on a few topics and that was it.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Maybe we can post a "Where Are They Now" topic and flood their FB with it.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

Yea that works lol. Doesn’t sound like Bertel wants to come back. I tried to recruit him back as well
"Injustice, evil can’t be allowed to happen. If it happens close to you you must intervene. Sometimes you can only overcome evil with force. I always try to talk it over"

Fedor

straycat

Post by straycat »

Loser said last time he dropped in it looked dead.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Call me crazy but I still think that hook landed. :mrgreen:

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”