Wlad's left hook did NOT land!!

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
IamZOD80

Post by IamZOD80 »

Erison wrote:If you're going to take a dive, why wait until the end of the 12th?
easy. he placed money on himself to get ko'd in the 12th. it's a testament to how great chambers is. he knew he was good enough to last until 12 rounds with wlad. (not an easy at all). then he timed it perfectly so he would get "ko'd" in the last seconds to make it look more dramatic. and did you see the acting job by chambers? it looked like he got knocked out cold. all hail chambers!!!!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

IamZOD80 wrote:
Erison wrote:If you're going to take a dive, why wait until the end of the 12th?
easy. he placed money on himself to get ko'd in the 12th. it's a testament to how great chambers is. he knew he was good enough to last until 12 rounds with wlad. (not an easy at all). then he timed it perfectly so he would get "ko'd" in the last seconds to make it look more dramatic. and did you see the acting job by chambers? it looked like he got knocked out cold. all hail chambers!!!!
:)
icefold

Post by icefold »

chef97 wrote:
icefold wrote:It was a good shot
One more post icefold = 1000 congrats!

Thanks Chef I get to share it with you
Klobs

Post by Klobs »

The punch didn't hit Chambers' glove.
5Burowz

Post by 5Burowz »

Warriorking wrote:I think it was a shot to the temple,but not a KTFO shot. IMO a man doesn't take all that punishment just to take a dive at the end.Maybe an accumulation of punches had him out on his feet,even though he was still moving. Tough call.
It was a ricochet shot, WK. Wlad's left hand hit Chambers left hand and then Chambers own glove hit him in the face. If you look VERY closely at all three camera angles you can see that this is the only course Wlad's glove could've taken. Eddie's head/face was BEHIND the course of Wlad's left fist the entire time. Eddie was backing up, and he even turned his head to the left a bit just before the punch hit his left glove.
5Burowz

Post by 5Burowz »

theVAMP wrote:
5Burowz wrote:
theVAMP wrote:Looks like it landed on the temple.

Impossible because of the angles. You think it landed on his RIGHT temple??? You need glasses.
Think the 1st replay shows it landing on the temple.

Temple shots have produced some of the most brutal KO's in history.

Look more closely. You're gonna have to pause it at the right frames. Eddie's head is BEHIND Wlad's fist the entire time and the only logical conclusion is that Wlad's fist hit Eddie's glove because the course Wlad's fist took it would've been impossible to hit Eddie in the face/head. It hit Eddie's glove and his glove ricocheted into hiw own face.
Erison

Post by Erison »

Dude, you can totally see it. Tommy Morrison wasn't getting hit at all. Ray Mercer's punches were ricocheting off gloves! You just gotta pause it at the right frames. Totally fishy.
Done posting. RIP TTR.
5Burowz

Post by 5Burowz »

westtm wrote:The punch clearly landed, IMO! Dude's head snapped back a split second before the glove was hit.

If you look more closely at ALL of the angles you can see that Wlad's glove hits Eddie's glove and that causes Eddie's glove to ricochet into his own face/head. I am not whistling dixie here. I was watching this live on TTR and I even said the punch didn't land when I was on the TTR Chat. But, the ricochet effect could've very well hurt Eddie I suppose. Eddie already had one busted glove in that fight from Wlad's power so it is not out of the question that the force from Wlad's glove landing on Eddie's glove which ricocheted into Eddie's face could've hurt him.
5Burowz

Post by 5Burowz »

scorpy wrote:Come on 5Burowz... you were drunk when you wrote that post... admit it ! :wink: :lol:

Scorp, I even said that the punch did not land when I was in TTR's chat for the fight. This isn't me just conjuring this up out of thin air. The punch looked fishy live but when I got a chance to see slow-mo replays from different angles it confirmed what I had originally thought. And, no, I was not drinking at all last night.
5Burowz

Post by 5Burowz »

I cannot answer the unanswerable. I'm only reporting my findings, nothing more.
5Burowz

Post by 5Burowz »

stenchasaurous wrote:Imagine how hard Wlad must hit if he's putting guys to sleep by punching their own glove into their face... :shock:
He already busted one of Eddie's gloves earlier in the fight.
KDub1979

Post by KDub1979 »

I agree with Burro, actually. I also don't think the punch that Pac KO'd Hatton with landed either. Both are real fishy.
Like I said before, Al Haymon and Leonard Ellerbe, I have a great team behind me. Mayweather Promotions, I am my own boss. -----Pretty Boy Floyd aka The Truth
5Burowz

Post by 5Burowz »

You can see just how far behind Eddie's head is from Wlad's fist in the first slo-mo sequence. Eddie's left glove is in front of his head some and Wlad's hook is clearly hitting Eddie's left glove in that sequence. LOOK at how Eddie's left glove moves in that first sequence and you can tell that Wlad's glove indeed hits it. The trajectory that Wlad's punch took would've made it impossible for Wlad to hit Eddie in the head/face.
NateKN250

Post by NateKN250 »

RimmyJice wrote:This thread doesn't warrant serious responses or debates IMO.
I can't even read this crap. Did you hear that Mike Tyson actually didn't bite Holyfields ear? It was actually Holyfield biting his own ear after butting heads with Tyson. Pause the replay and look.
Ali wrote:I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my
bedroom and was in bed before the room was dark.
Erison

Post by Erison »

Burrowz, I think you killed your own argument. Look at the bottom .gif. Chambers didn't even get close to blocking it.
Done posting. RIP TTR.
5Burowz

Post by 5Burowz »

Erison wrote:Burrowz, I think you killed your own argument. Look at the bottom .gif. Chambers didn't even get close to blocking it.
Look at the top .gif and look at how far Eddie's head is behind the actual fist of Wlad. Eddie's left glove is out in front of his head/face and this is what Wlad hits. If you look carefully at the first .gif you can clearly see this.
westtm
TTR Contributor

Post by westtm »

5Burowz wrote:
westtm wrote:The punch clearly landed, IMO! Dude's head snapped back a split second before the glove was hit.

If you look more closely at ALL of the angles you can see that Wlad's glove hits Eddie's glove and that causes Eddie's glove to ricochet into his own face/head. I am not whistling dixie here. I was watching this live on TTR and I even said the punch didn't land when I was on the TTR Chat. But, the ricochet effect could've very well hurt Eddie I suppose. Eddie already had one busted glove in that fight from Wlad's power so it is not out of the question that the force from Wlad's glove landing on Eddie's glove which ricocheted into Eddie's face could've hurt him.
Which glove though? I could fathom a scenario were a fighter's right glove was hit with the opponents left hook which in turn slammed into his face, but in your OP you stated left glove. But regardless of which glove you are speaking of I just didn't see either scenario occurring.
"If you love me, root for me. If you don't love me, you will soon be a fan."- Floyd Mayweather Jr.
5Burowz

Post by 5Burowz »

westtm wrote:
5Burowz wrote:

Which glove though? I could fathom a scenario were a fighter's right glove was hit with the opponents left hook which in turn slammed into his face, but in your OP you stated left glove. But regardless of which glove you are speaking of I just didn't see either scenario occurring.
The left glove, Westtm. As Wlad's glove approaches, Eddie's right glove starts to go backwards so it would've been impossible to hit with the trajectory Wlad's punch had. Eddie's left glove was the closest thing to Wlad's left glove at the moment of impact. Eddie's left glove was literally between Wlad's fist and his own face/head. Essentially, Eddie had his guard up at the time of impact and this resulted in Wlad hitting Eddie's left glove. If you look very closely at the first .gif I posted you can clearly see Eddie's left glove MOVES as a result of Wlad's fist hitting it.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

5Burowz wrote:
westtm wrote:
5Burowz wrote:
The left glove, Westtm. As Wlad's glove approaches, Eddie's right glove starts to go backwards so it would've been impossible to hit with the trajectory Wlad's punch had. Eddie's left glove was the closest thing to Wlad's left glove at the moment of impact. Eddie's left glove was literally between Wlad's fist and his own face/head. Essentially, Eddie had his guard up at the time of impact and this resulted in Wlad hitting Eddie's left glove. If you look very closely at the first .gif I posted you can clearly see Eddie's left glove MOVES as a result of Wlad's fist hitting it.
the left glove was on the other side of his head, and his head moved along with Chambers Glove, The punch landed dude, you dont get knocked out Cold like that from a Missed Punch
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
RimmyJice

Post by RimmyJice »

NateKN250 wrote:
RimmyJice wrote:This thread doesn't warrant serious responses or debates IMO.
I can't even read this crap. Did you hear that Mike Tyson actually didn't bite Holyfields ear? It was actually Holyfield biting his own ear after butting heads with Tyson. Pause the replay and look.
If you replay it enough times, like a few hundred or so, you can see it. I promise.
westtm
TTR Contributor

Post by westtm »

5Burowz wrote:
westtm wrote:
5Burowz wrote:
Burowz, I agree 100% with marciano on this one. Eddie's left glove, to me, is clearly on the left side of his head. When Wlad makes contact, both Eddie's head and glove get displaced and in that order, not the glove first.
"If you love me, root for me. If you don't love me, you will soon be a fan."- Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Erison

Post by Erison »

I think this has been unnecessarily broken down even more than the Shane-Floyd presser, :shock:
Done posting. RIP TTR.
rocketcoe

Post by rocketcoe »

Chambers fell like Walcott in the first Marciano fight.

Suspicious stuff because neither punch landed IMO.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

This thread is pretty humorous.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

the part i cant belive is Burrowz is trying to Say it hit off his LEFT Glove and that KO'd him :lol:
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”