Wlad's left hook did NOT land!!

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
5Burowz

Wlad's left hook did NOT land!!

Post by 5Burowz »

I've seen the replay from different angles now dozens of times and Wlad's left hook does NOT land. I am not some kind of hater and I don't have an agenda. That punch did not land. When Wlad is throwing the punch, Eddie's guard comes up while he is simultaneously moving back and his head is going back too. The punch never landed folks. The punch hit the inside of Eddie's left glove and Eddie's glove richocheted into his face which caused his head to snap back and that made it look like it was a clean punch. Watch the replays from the different angles as many times as it takes to see what really happened.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kNHFYPqKrh4&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kNHFYPqKrh4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by 5Burowz on Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
theVAMP
TTR MMA Challenge #2 Champ

Post by theVAMP »

Looks like it landed on the temple.
5Burowz

Post by 5Burowz »

theVAMP wrote:Looks like it landed on the temple.

Impossible because of the angles. You think it landed on his RIGHT temple??? You need glasses.
5Burowz

Post by 5Burowz »

stenchasaurous wrote:Chambers must be a narcoleptic then because that fool was asleep.
I thought the punch looked funny in real time when I was watching it and after watching it in slow mo dozens of times from three different angles I know for a fact that that punch did not land anywhere but Chambers' left glove.
IamZOD80

Post by IamZOD80 »

5Burowz wrote:
stenchasaurous wrote:Chambers must be a narcoleptic then because that fool was asleep.
I thought the punch looked funny in real time when I was watching it and after watching it in slow mo dozens of times from three different angles I know for a fact that that punch did not land anywhere but Chambers' left glove.
so what are you getting at? the fight was fixed? chambers took a dive? chambers decided to fake getting ko'd on his own? spill it.
5Burowz

Post by 5Burowz »

IamZOD80 wrote:
5Burowz wrote:
so what are you getting at? the fight was fixed? chambers took a dive? chambers decided to fake getting ko'd on his own? spill it.
I'm stating that the punch landed nowhere but Eddie's left glove. I have NO idea if he took a dive or not because it's impossible for me to know but what I can do is analyze the slo-mo replays from three different camera angles to come to the conclusion that the punch did not land.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

wow........ :lol: :lol:
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
Warriorking
TTR Contributor

Post by Warriorking »

I think it was a shot to the temple,but not a KTFO shot. IMO a man doesn't take all that punishment just to take a dive at the end.Maybe an accumulation of punches had him out on his feet,even though he was still moving. Tough call.
Warriorking
theVAMP

Post by theVAMP »

5Burowz wrote:
theVAMP wrote:Looks like it landed on the temple.

Impossible because of the angles. You think it landed on his RIGHT temple??? You need glasses.
Think the 1st replay shows it landing on the temple.

Temple shots have produced some of the most brutal KO's in history.
BG Mets31

Post by BG Mets31 »

I cannot believe you think that punch didn't land. At first I wondered what took him down, but the replay showed it.
Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

The Temple Of Doom
"Injustice, evil can’t be allowed to happen. If it happens close to you you must intervene. Sometimes you can only overcome evil with force. I always try to talk it over"

Fedor

NateKN250

Post by NateKN250 »

I guess I am going to have to disagree with everyone.

At the angle that we are viewing, and the 2nd and 3rd replays, it looks like Eddie got it right on the chin.

His body was facing north and he was lookin' West

KTFO
Ali wrote:I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my
bedroom and was in bed before the room was dark.
OLDMONGOOSE

Post by OLDMONGOOSE »

Looked to me like the tip of the chin
R.I.P. Scap
RimmyJice

Post by RimmyJice »

This thread doesn't warrant serious responses or debates IMO.
westtm
TTR Contributor

Post by westtm »

The punch clearly landed, IMO! Dude's head snapped back a split second before the glove was hit.
"If you love me, root for me. If you don't love me, you will soon be a fan."- Floyd Mayweather Jr.
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

He clearly landed the punch. Chambers pull his glove back to his ear at the moment that Wald landed the punch to the top of his head.
wimpy

Post by wimpy »

deadlything wrote:He clearly landed the punch. Chambers pull his glove back to his ear at the moment that Wald landed the punch to the top of his head.
I would just add that during the 2nd replay, when Chambers right glove is moving back, the gloves backward movement is never impacted or disturbed.

It's hard to see the exact point of impact but I don't think the glove was a factor.
“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.”

― Benjamin Franklin
scorpy

Post by scorpy »

deadlything wrote:He clearly landed the punch. Chambers pull his glove back to his ear at the moment that Wald landed the punch to the top of his head.
100% agree !
scorpy

Post by scorpy »

Come on 5Burowz... you were drunk when you wrote that post... admit it ! :wink: :lol:
Erison

Post by Erison »

Buddyyyy......
Done posting. RIP TTR.
b0x1ng
TTR Contributor

Post by b0x1ng »

lol
icefold

Post by icefold »

It was a good shot
Banks187

Post by Banks187 »

The thing is, even if you truly believe it didn't land...what the hell happened to Chambers? He was on a different planet.
dustpan7 wrote:If this is true I am going to london on a boat, to bitch slap Haye. Then I am going to knee him in his robin Egg Size Balls. and when I get home I will Erase him from my myspace.
Erison

Post by Erison »

If you're going to take a dive, why wait until the end of the 12th?
Done posting. RIP TTR.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

icefold wrote:It was a good shot
One more post icefold = 1000 congrats!
Chef

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”