The Platinum San Francisco 49'r Thread.

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Re: The Platinum San Francisco 49'r Thread

Post by straycat »

Brock is 495 yards away from passing Jeff Garcia for the franchise single season passing record when he amassed 4278 yards in 2000.
Eagles fold last night which give the team a 2 game advantage over them & the Cowpies. The team needs to win 2 of the final 3 to secure the top seed and obtain a first round bye.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Based

Post by Based »

Who yall got for MVP, CMC or Purdy?

Crazy to see Brock Purdy's progression from game to game. He definitely benefits from the system and weapons (as do other QBs in the league), but he still has great poise and is a great decision maker with the football. He keeps proving the doubters wrong. All season I just kept waiting every week for him to possibly crack and show some flaws, but we are past that point. Yeah he may of struggled in the rain and concussions in that three game losing streak, but Mahomes has had stinkers like that when you dont have your best pieces around you. Brock is playing at an MVP level for a QB.

You just dont see many 7th rounds picks make it to an NFL roster, even become starters on their rookie years, or even become impact player ever in their careers, especially at the QB position. Most first round pick QBs dont even make it. 49ers found gold at the end of the 2022 draft. Brady was a 6th round pick, Purdy was a 7th round pick, and they were 20 years apart. This will not happen again any time soon.

If Purdy out guns Lamar on Xmas, I think he will earn MVP. There's no way you turn around and just give the award to DAK LOLOL

I wouldnt give it to CMC, mostly because you cant pound the football at the end of games to drain the clock with him, and they instead they put in Jordan Mason for that. I like CMC, but damn he's just not effective enough to run through the middle consistently, he's great at every else.
Based

Post by Based »

Who yall got for MVP, CMC or Purdy?

Crazy to see Brock Purdy's progression from game to game. He definitely benefits from the system and weapons (as do other QBs in the league), but he still has great poise and is a great decision maker with the football. He keeps proving the doubters wrong. All season I just kept waiting every week for him to possibly crack and show some flaws, but we are past that point. Yeah he may of struggled in the rain and concussions in that three game losing streak, but Mahomes has had stinkers like that when you dont have your best pieces around you. Brock is playing at an MVP level for a QB.

You just dont see many 7th rounds picks make it to an NFL roster, even become starters on their rookie years, or even become impact player ever in their careers, especially at the QB position. Most first round pick QBs dont even make it. 49ers found gold at the end of the 2022 draft. Brady was a 6th round pick, Purdy was a 7th round pick, and they were 20 years apart. This will not happen again any time soon.

If Purdy out guns Lamar on Xmas, I think he will earn MVP. There's no way you turn around and just give the award to DAK LOLOL

I wouldnt give it to CMC, mostly because you cant pound the football at the end of games to drain the clock with him, and they instead they put in Jordan Mason for that. I like CMC, but damn he's just not effective enough to run through the middle consistently, he's great at every else.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Its always nice to see a non QB get it, CMC has been slowly rewriting the history books too.
Cant go wrong with either guy. 3 games left we need them healthy the team is 17 & 0 when CMC, Purdy & Debo are in the line up
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat

Post by straycat »

The final game of "The Bird Gauntlet" ended up being a lump of coal in the stocking for the 9rs on Christmas Day. Things went South early this game, 4 INTs tied a record with Krap that Brock most definitely not wanting to claim. Darnold coming off the bench and moving the ball shows some hope should we need a spark in the playoffs. Brock being labeled a system QB looks Purdy bad when the system is broken.
The #1 seed is still in our control if we win out but this game stings and becomes a gut check for sure.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Based

Post by Based »

Lamar Jackson is MVP. Purdy really struggled at home. If he stayed out there to finish the game he would have thrown 5 INTs. 49ers really got blown out in Santa Clara, not even in Baltimore, and they also got beat up and several players left the game injured. Shanahan chose to air it out to solidify Purdy as NFL MVP, instead of running it which was working when they did, and Purdy then just fell apart. Purdy really threw some bone head INTs out there and crumbled again against a top defense. I think he's still a good QB, but he has his limitation. He's like Jared Geoff in 2018 season, living off a successful run heavy scheme and play action pass. 49ers can still win a Super Bowl, but this team is all scheme based. If the game plan and scheme are not effective, then we lose.
Last edited by Based on Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
straycat

Post by straycat »

They still out performed BMore in the offensive stats against the #1 defense. However the INTs killed us.
Banged up offensive line no room here to backpedal we need the week bye to rest up. Armstead and Hargrove can't get back any sooner
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Based

Post by Based »

49ers moved the ball easily against the best defense in the league. Just the bone headed INTs were puzzling to watch. 49ers need to stick to their run heavy scheme and allow Purdy to air it out on Play action. Their Oline can run block but not pass block lol CMC and Mason have easily ran around defenses all year. Shanahan got too cute with his gameplan thinking Brock could slice up defenses with running the ball. Brock isn’t not Tom Brady or Payton Manning. Brock needs a lot of support and help.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Brock is just now completing his first full season under center, in his defense I will point out that it took years for Brady to become Brady, Manning to become Manning ect ect Based. If we can assume that Brady still has some time left to get dry behind his ears and finish cutting his gums then it's safe to say with the maturity and the poise he displays that he can only get better if he hasn't reached his ceiling. I saw where he took complete blame for the loss and felt bad that he let a team that prepared to win and played to win down. That's admirable of him IMB
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

9rs rebound to win a game wide when it looked like we'd be going tooth n nail with a 4-11 Washington football team. Brock sets franchise record for single season passing yards, this win coupled with and E girls loss to AZ gives the 9rs the NFC championship and the 1st seed bye.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

FB_IMG_1704132630823.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Moody becomes a huge question mark after missing a FG and extra point.
9rs close with a loss against a team they have beaten in reg season games quite handily and was beating them for 54min of the NFC Championship Game 2 yrs ago.
Onto the playoffs where the 9rs sit out week one.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

9rs set to host GB either who got a few breaks that Dallas was never able to even out. Whether its Sat or Sun TBA after tonight's Philly, TB game
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

In a "it's not how you start it's how you finish" story line the defense comes up big when they had to and Purdy, who was sluggish to put it mildly was able to engineer a winning drive in the final minutes, Greenlaw with his second INT sealed the game.
9rs advance to the NFC Championship Game
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Both of his INTs had me frantic 😬😬😬
FB_IMG_1705863168321.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

The 9rs host Detroit 😎
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Based

Post by Based »

Brock Purdy had a good drive to win the packers game. It was a rough game to watch as we were 9.5 point favorites. I think SF is gonna beat the breaks off of Detroit in the NFC conference game. The lack of elite QBs in the NFC will give them a fast pass to the SB, and Jordan Love was the best QB in the NFC playoffs this year. Geoff is not fast enough to avoid the 49ers pass rush like Love could, and if you cant do that you will not be able to compete against SF. 49ers rely on sacks and turn overs to take control of games, and their pass rush causes this. Jordan Love was beating us up until he started to throw picks.

I believe Brock has been exposed since the Raven game. I just dont think Purdy can win the SB at this stage age of his career with his limited QB play. The run game and defense will have to play perfect games for us to be able to compete with KC or Baltimore. I do not believe Shanahan has beat the Ravens or KC since becoming the HC of the 49ers. I mean there was a reason the 49ers were inquiring to trade for Lamar Jackson last year in the off-season before Baltimore gave in to an extension for him, Purdy is not elite.
straycat

Post by straycat »

He definitely has issues with accuracy every now and then. When that happens we don't fare to well. Putting a drive together at the last minute can only help. If he can hit his open targets will be ok, Detroit has a secondary that is ripe for the taking.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

It was looking like it was going to be back to the drawing board after the 1st 30 min, Niners came out for the 2nd half and managed to engineer a come from behind victory that tied the record set in 2013 when the 9rs beat the Falcons in that NFC Championship Game. Purdy was able to prove he is more than just a system QB when he took to his feet a few times. An incredible catch by Aiyuk who maintained his focus and caught a ball that deflected off Vildors helmet to set up 1st n goal at the 2 seamed to really ignite the team.
Onto Vegas for "The Quest For Six"
Bang Bang 9r Gang 😎😎
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

received_896992085499879.jpeg
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Based

Post by Based »

Not used to seeing 49ers win games this year the way they won their two playoff games. Purdy looked like crap last week, and his play yesterday won us the game. Those were two great playoff games to watch. Hopefully the refs dont help mahomes all game so this SB can be good too.
Last edited by Based on Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
straycat

Post by straycat »

IMG_0553.jpeg
Too bad Dirt Bag Sherm was on the 2019 team POS loud mouthed the whole 2 weeks leading up and when the chips was down he folded.
Fuck Sherman & Fuck The Vagina He Came Out Of 😤
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

By virtue of their 34-31 victory over the Lions, the 49ers now have the most playoff wins in NFL history with 38, surpassing the Green Bay Packers and New England Patriots.

The mark is a significant milestone for the franchise as the 49ers advance to their eighth Super Bowl and look to win the big game for the first time since 1995.

San Francisco has appeared in 35 percent of all NFC Championship games since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger, with its 19 appearances being the most in the NFC and the most conference championship appearances by any team.

The 49ers are now tied for the second-most Super Bowl appearances with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Dallas Cowboys and Denver Broncos. The Patriots currently have the most Super Bowl appearances in NFL history with 11.

San Francisco will look to avenge its previous two Super Bowl losses and win the franchise’s sixth Lombardi Trophy. The 49ers are tied with the Cowboys for second place with five Super Bowl victories, with the Patriots and Steelers tied for first place with six.

Truly we have more of a stake at being “This Country’s Team” 😎
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Re: The Platinum San Francisco 49'r Thread. “The Quest For #6”

Post by straycat »

Purdy's nearly perfect second half was reminiscent of something Joe Montana might do, which was fitting, because Purdy matched Montana in the NFL record books on Sunday.

With the win over the Lions, Purdy became the first quarterback in 39 years to sweep every other playoff team in the conference. The NFC playoff field consisted of the Cowboys, Lions, Buccaneers, Eagles, Rams and Packers, and Purdy led the 49ers to a win over each of those teams this season.

Week 2: 49ers 30-23 over (6) Rams
Week 5: 49ers 42-10 over (2) Cowboys
Week 11: 49ers 27-14 over (4) Buccaneers
Week 13: 49ers 42-19 over (5) Eagles
Divisional round: 49ers 24-21 over (7) Packers
NFC title game: 49ers 34-31 over (3) Lions
The last QB to sweep the entire playoff field in his conference was Montana. The 49ers legend beat every other NFC playoff team in 1984 before leading San Francisco to a dominating 38-16 win over the Dolphins in Super Bowl XIX.
Before Purdy, there had only been five quarterbacks to sweep every playoff team in their conference: Roger Staubach (1971), Fran Tarkenton (1973), Terry Bradshaw (1975) and Montana.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Based

Re: The Platinum San Francisco 49'r Thread. “The Quest For #6”

Post by Based »

How do yall see the super bowl playing out?

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”