The Platinum San Francisco 49'r Thread.

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Re: The Platinum San Francisco 49'r Thread

Post by straycat »

9rs play there ugliest game of the year, Purdy missing over 1/2 dozen targets, bad personal foul call on 9rs was a gift they never was gonna recover from. Moody 2 missed FGs one to win late, man missing Gould
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Not sure where to begin here, Williams and Samuels can't get back soon enough, Brock still has timing issues with his accuracy, defense playing in spots not helping. Ship isn't totally sinking but need to iron out the kinks and get the rhythm flowing again. Lots of work to do through Nov before 12/3 gets here. Bungholes up next, cant afford to have them waking up on the 29th.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Based

Post by Based »

Defenses are blitzing Purdy, and play man coverage now on his ass on every play, so that's why hes struggling and we are on a two game losing streak. Purdy ate up zone coverage since he got the starting job last year, and now is struggling to adjust how defenses are playing him, and it's during a time when their most expensive pieces on offense got hurt, Trent William and Deebo Samuel. Deebo is a monster on screens and slants, and turns those shorts passes to 50 yards. Once that is gone, all you gotta do is double Ayuik and Kittle. With Trent out, they cant run the ball to the left side as efficiently as they used to, so a lot of their elements on offense are no longer an option for Purdy. Kyle Shanahan is also not utulizing Jordan Mason enough. He should be taking carries from CMC in between the tackles as he's a lot more efficient than CMC is on those plays.

Steve Wilks is catching a lot of heat for these 9ers loses, but the 9er defense forces a lot of field goals despite the penalties, and gave Purdy the ball twice in the final minutes of the 4th qrt to win the game, and Purdy threw two INTs back to back. Purdy needs to come back, and he's good enough to get over this hump.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Purdy has shown quite a bit of promise so hopefully he can get his accuracy dialed back in. Adams name is dropping here and there but who do you give up to get him?
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

If anybody looking for me I'll be o'r yonder with my head in the sand 😖
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

9rs at the last hour picked up Chase Young from that team in Washington, they give up a 3rd rounder for him. He will reunite with former Buckeye teammate Nick Bosa who along with Hargrave and Gregory could make things awfully hectic for opposing QBs for the rest of this season. Bye couldn't come at a more desirable time. Williams return as well as Samuels can surely help no doubt.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Based

Post by Based »

If Steve Wilks cannot get pressure on most plays with Chase and Bosa on the EDGE, and Hargrave and Armstead in the inside, he will find himself out of the league within the season. I think for that line up alone the 9ers are spending at least 80mil for the season on their cap.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Too many threats for an offensive line to focus on.
Young could have a quick start like Hargrove but lawdy they can't double team each one.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Much needed showing for the 9rs coming off a bye week. DeBo & Trent back on the field and the presence was felt. Defense had a phenomenal game with Chase Young adding to the chemistry that he and Bosa developed back in their Buckeye days. The offense with DeBo in the mix appeared at times to be 100% back but they also showed sequences of sputtering rather than hitting on all cylinders. Hosting the Bucs next week
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

What a difference a few weeks makes, Purdy's struggles with timing and hitting his open target in stride appears to have corrected it's self. His 69yrd TD to Aiyuk was for a brief moment this seasons longest pass play from scrimmage, he finished with a perfect passer rating with 10 or more attempts the highest by a 9r since Joe Montana in 89. CMC who was denied a chance to set a NFL Record for consecutive games with a TD was able to set the record for most receiving yards as a back in a career passing former 9r great Roger Craig. with this being only his 6th season in the league this stat could roll off the charts. The defense had a high grade showing although Hufunga could be lost for the season with a lorn ACL. He has not made quite the impact he did his first 2 year s but he has held down his position quite well and will be an awfully big pair of cleats to fill. Thursday night we visit Lumen field to play the Shehawks, still need to hone the craft well enough to put in a complete effort when the Eagles host us week 13. Hopefully Mahones throws us a bone and engineers a Chief victory in Monday Nights game against Philly.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Another interesting tid bit here.
The three teams that beat the 9rs, Browns, Vikes & Bungholes respectively have lost the QBs indefinitely.
😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉😉
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

9rs looking unbeatable again. Purdy continues with his league high passer rating and #1 on any relevant stat. CMC is practically a machine folks don’t believe me have a look. Here he is getting some fine running between possessions.
IMG_0286.jpeg
The 4 3 defensive core is lethal, and Ward had Metcalfs number the whole game.

Philly in 10 days folks. 😎😎😎
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

IMG_0287.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Based

Post by Based »

Philly are underdogs at home. Purdy has struggled against good defenses and in bad weather, and will have both on Sunday. 49ers DLine maybe the x-factor in this match up. Chase Young on that Dline has made their pass rush effective again. This game should be a defensive battle.
straycat

Post by straycat »

A playoff game last yr against the Shehawks Brock did ok
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Gonna take a Jedi Mind Trick to keep him in the "Scarlett & Gold" next season with the year he is having
FB_IMG_1701573133331.jpg
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

What had the makings of a long day after the 1st quarter the 9rs eventually got the ball rolling and managed to pulverize front running Eagles. Bird season continues as we face the Shehawks again at home, then travel to AZ to face the Cardinals, then back home to host the Ravens. 😎
Last edited by straycat on Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

1701654820-picsay.jpg
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
FB_IMG_1701693164026.jpg
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

FB_IMG_1701727958708.jpg
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Big Dom the E-girls rent a cop who gained national notoriety when he followed Greenlaw's ejection has been banned from the sidelines for this evenings SNF game against the Cowpies. Take a selfie with a star your gone for good, put your hands on one slap on the wrist 🙄
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Wasn't the perfect start to this game but things leveled out and the 9rs finished game 3 of Bird Season and swept the shehawks in another sound effort.
Poor Pete looked lost as the day wore on.
FB_IMG_1702311903298.jpg
Later in the eve we got some help from the Cowpies and the 9rs are in the driver seat for a 1st round bye.
Up next AZ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

The continued evolving of the Mr Relevant Phenom known as Brock Purdy
FB_IMG_1702330805913.jpg
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Based

Post by Based »

I'm shocked how bad the 9ers tore up the Eagles in Philly. They've been sonning the Seahawks for years now.

49ers look like a super bowl favorite for this year. They lost three games in a row tho, but that was without their most expensive players on offense, Deebo and Trent. Their health down the stretch will determine their quest for 6.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Stellar performance as we crack the 40's again, Purdy is keeping his off the charts ratings intact, CMC hit the end zone 4 times, still not a desirable start but finishing well enough. 9rs clinch the west by virtue of there ole push broom for the 2nd consecutive yr. Christmas Day MNF we entertain the Ravens, who looked very beatable last night to finish out the Bird Gauntlet.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”