The Platinum San Francisco 49'r Thread.

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

The Platinum San Francisco 49'r Thread.

Post by straycat »

I am pretty happy with the fact the team found a way to keep Smith. There is an level of excitement and confidence in the attitude since Mike Singletary became the head coach and hopefully it will re-energize Alex. Image[/list]
    Last edited by straycat on Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:13 pm, edited 150 times in total.
    Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
    >^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
    ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
    Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

TREE TREE TREE
    "Injustice, evil can’t be allowed to happen. If it happens close to you you must intervene. Sometimes you can only overcome evil with force. I always try to talk it over"

Fedor

Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

I don't understand that move by the Niners, yea the get Carolina's pick next year. But Everett Brown would of been a nice pick, now they only have 2 picks from now through the 5th RD. Brown's stock did drop a lot, so maybe there's more to it then what we know.
    "Injustice, evil can’t be allowed to happen. If it happens close to you you must intervene. Sometimes you can only overcome evil with force. I always try to talk it over"

Fedor

jskhosa
    TTR Challenge #15 Super Champion

Post by jskhosa »

From what I heard everyone was shocked to see he was only 6 feet 2 and the lack of his lower body strength. They didn't think he would be able to get after the QB like he did in college. I would still have rather chose him in the 2nd round. That would fill a major hole and besides I predicted this guy to go #10 like a month ago HA. Their are couple of players I really like that are available tomorrow. DE/OLB Lawrence Sidbury from Richmond is an absolute beat I saw some highlights of him and he would be a nice mid round gem. Michael Johnson from GA Tech has a lot of potential but can he play in the 3-4? CB DJ Moore from Vanderbilt is a bit undersized but he is another beast. RB Shonn Green from Iowa would be a great compliment back to Gore. We struggle in the redzone and he would definitly help us out their. Couple of OTs left so we can still get a good player in the 3rd.

Now, that the Niners have 2 first round picks next year they can potentially trade up for a QB next year if Hill/Smith experiment fails this year. The draft is very deep next year so we might be in a great situation. I'm just stoked getting Crab to be real with you that just made my day. He is a flat out stud and our young WR core looks very good now. We just need to get our QB situation figured out and we will be very dangerous on the offensive side.
    Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

I can't dog Hill, he was a winner last year, and the offense and defense just got a lot better. The Niners have a deep threat in Crabtree and a 5-10 yard receiver in Bruce. It will take the pressure off Gore as well, plus they can control the ball more now which will give the D a much needed extra rest.

I was shocked with the tradeup, they basically closed the door after Crabtree, but I can't complain with that pick. Brown would of been a great addition for this season, but I guess he isn't the next Reggie White like a few on here were labeling him to be. :lol:

Fedor

jskhosa

Post by jskhosa »

Well, Crab isn't really a deep threat like Heyward-Bey because of his speed, but he can go deep from time to time. How about this, Morgan is the deep threat and Crab is like Rice. Sound better to you LOL.

Brown definitly isn't the next big thing I guess but I hope he plays great in Carolina.
    Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

Crab is very percise on his route running, and has quite speed that will shock a lot of defenders if they don't be careful. He's something the Niners haven't had at WR in a while, he can basically do it all.

Fedor

jskhosa

Post by jskhosa »

Barry_BondsMVP wrote:Crab is very percise on his route running, and has quite speed that will shock a lot of defenders if they don't be careful. He's something the Niners haven't had at WR in a while, he can basically do it all.

The first true #1 WR since the TO days. We were so spoiled having Rice and TO for so many years we were due to go through some years of miserary. Well, that stops now we have our #1 in Crabtree
    Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

jskhosa wrote:
    Barry_BondsMVP wrote:Crab is very percise on his route running, and has quite speed that will shock a lot of defenders if they don't be careful. He's something the Niners haven't had at WR in a while, he can basically do it all.

The first true #1 WR since the TO days. We were so spoiled having Rice and TO for so many years we were due to go through some years of miserary. Well, that stops now we have our #1 in Crabtree
    and my next Niners Jersey lol

Fedor

Bizkit

Post by Bizkit »

You guys should just be Bears fans :D
    PoundForPound

Post by PoundForPound »

hasnt shawn hill given your 9'ners a chance, i thought he was doing decent at the end of the season though i could be wrong
    '' Boxing wise you are something I pick up at a drive through and devourer quite rapidly. "

RASTA666 about Shadowboxing89
    Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

PoundForPound wrote:hasnt shawn hill given your 9'ners a chance, i thought he was doing decent at the end of the season though i could be wrong
    he was winning

Fedor

jskhosa

Post by jskhosa »

We drafted RB Glen Coffee from Alabama in the 3rd round. He's a nice RB but I thought we should've drafted a big back. Coffee is someone who can step right in for Gore if he gets injured, but what are we going to do on short down situations? We were terrible the last two years but Shonn Green was picked by the Jets so their wasn't many choices. Some very good players still on the board so if we have to trade a pick to get in the 4th I would do so. Great value with some of the players available. Hopefully, CB DJ Moore falls to the 5th round.
    straycat

Post by straycat »

Bizkit wrote:You guys should just be Bears fans :D
    Whats GoldieLocks doing these days?
    >^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
    ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
    Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

Coffee is a strong, durable back, I enjoyed watching him at Alabama. He can come in during third down and run some screen plays.

Fedor

straycat

Post by straycat »

In defense of Hill he did come in and ignite the offense after most of the season was spent on JT.
    If we are looking to a QB who can get us to the next level of consistent play though one would have to lean towards Smith and hope he can get some confidence back.
    >^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
    Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

next pick: ILB Scott McKillop from Pitt

Fedor

straycat

Post by straycat »

Barry_BondsMVP wrote:next pick: ILB Scott McKillop from Pitt
    Hopefully the guy can blitz up the middle, if the line can attleast create an opening from him.
    >^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
    Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

straycat wrote:
    Barry_BondsMVP wrote:next pick: ILB Scott McKillop from Pitt
    Hopefully the guy can blitz up the middle, if the line can attleast create an opening from him.
    he probably wont be seeing much time with Spikes and Willis there.

Fedor

straycat

Post by straycat »

So Barry with the 1rst round picks they dealt for do you think they may let a Battle or Hill along with one of them picks go for an impact outside defensive lineman?
    We need to get to the QB more this year.
    >^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
    Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

the did get a DL from the Redskins, so I guess they felt one big impact player from the draft is enough to compete in the West this year.

Fedor

Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

Niners Draft QB Nate Davis from Ball St

Fedor

straycat

Post by straycat »

You would think getting eaten up on 3rd downs would be a big red flag.

I say that the offense we have can win enough games to get us to the next level, but the secondary needs to tighten up or the need to presure the QB.

If the opposing offense gets a little too comfortable and starts to drop back more so than just a few steps Singleterry could pull an ace out and run a 4-6 once in a while if the guys he brings in are fast enough. :D
    >^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
    Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

there were a few games the secondary absolutely looked pitiful, but majority of the time the Niners D were left on the field for 5-10 mins to long. With Crabtree the Niners can extend the drives and keep the D off the field.

Fedor

straycat

Post by straycat »

The D needs to hold up there end though Buddy.
    the instance you are looking at is just a hope that more offensive time on the field will equate in the other team not scoring as much.
    That is an OK mentality but think back to the Chargers and Corriel.
    they would score when they had the ball but couldn't stop the other team from answering.
    >^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”