The Platinum San Francisco 49'r Thread.

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Re: The Platinum San Francisco 49'r Thread

Post by straycat »

Cept for te last 6 minutes of the NFC Championship Game we're back to owning the Lambs. NFC West is any bodies division with each team being 2-2. Having both 9r wins inside the division could be pivotal. Panthers next week could be easy pickings.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat

Post by straycat »

In a game we needed to shine a high score only tells half a story. Bosa down, Gould Down, Ward Down and towards the end of the game Moseley. Offense looked great in spurts with Aiyuk and Kittle starting to share the load. Falcons up next, need to rekindle some missing chemistry before we host Mahomes and the Chiefs the following week.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat

Post by straycat »

9'rs picked up Christian McCaffrey from Carolina in exchange for next yrs 2nd, 3rd, 4th rd picks & 2024s 5th round pick. Lynch & Shanahan passed on McCaffrey in 2017 and instead took Solomon Thomas with the #3 pick. Thomas wound up being a bust and his currently with the Jets. With Elijah Michell & Tyrion Davis-Price out McCaffrey is coming in to bolster up the running back squad.
Christian's father Ed was an ex 9r who was on the 1994 team that won Super Bowl 29.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

First half the defense still minus Armstead played like the #1 defense.
Things fell apart. Need to shine the next 3 games with the Lambs and Cards being must win games or the drawing board will be waiting in the wings for next season.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Was a lil busy with a project, listened in, sounded like the McCaffrey pick up paid off, hope he can stay healthy. Nice to have a big game with Debo sitting out.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

I heard McCaffrey being mentioned as doing something only 3 other backs had done while listening but didn't quite pick it up.
After youtubing highlights is appears to be running for a touchdown, receiving a touchdown, and passing for a touchdown. That means we along with Debo have another flea flicker threat 😎.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Stray talking to himself again... LOL That said,

FORTY FUCKING NINERS BABY!!!!
Chef
straycat

Post by straycat »

chef97 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:42 am Stray talking to himself again... LOL That said,

FORTY FUCKING NINERS BABY!!!!
Sup Chef
This team starts playing four quarters of football they can beat anyone in this league.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Too much talent on this team not to be playing like they mean business.
The ejection of Greenlaw was a bit excessive.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Despite the current record Gimpy G is supposedly having his best year sadistically.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2022/11/16 ... hird-downs
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

4-0 in the division and 7-4 over all. Seam to be the team nobody wants to face in the playoffs at this time. Defense really put the hammer down in the second half and for 3 consecutive games have shut out offenses the last 30 min.
Up next is NO. The 49r Wagon could be gaining some inertia that will be much needed in 2 weeks when we face Mia.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Not the best outing offensively but shutting out the Saints for the first time since pay phones went from ten cents to a quarter shows that if need be the D will do whats needed when it has to.
Already a 4pt fav for the 8 & 3 dolphins 8)
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

What loomed to be the front page headline with Gimpy G going down was quickly bounced to page 3 bottom right corner as Rookie Brock Purdy, (the last player to be taken in the 2022 draft) with the help from a stelar defensive showing was able to propel us to our 5th straight win.
Purdy showed veteran poise in a few spots and made some big league throws. With the individual stats that McCaferry, Samuels, Aiyuk, Kittle, the rest of the offensive team including the ever consistent kicking of Robbie Gould, and a relentless defense that has every relevant #1 stat locked up, Purdy seams to show the ability to still take us into the playoffs and possibly bring home Lombardi #6.
Welcome To The NFL Mr Irrelevant
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Its being determined that Gimpy G might not need surgery on his foot and could be back for the NFC Championship Game.
If Brock gets the team that far we'll likely roll with him, but having Gimpy G available wouldn't be to bad a thing.
In any event FOX has had the showdown pinned as their game of the week as it would of been the 1st time Brady & Gimpy G faced each other.
The whole Mentor vs Protege narrative would of been milked the whole game until the udder went dry.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Based

Post by Based »

I went to the Charger game earlier this month. That defense dominated, and has continued to be dominant. That's a super bowl defense, with a limited offense with or without Jimmy. They cant throw it deep and their OLine is not dominant enough to take over the game by running the football.

Trey Lance should be healthy soon per his injury, but Shanahan has shut that down already on his return this year. However, Jimmy will return during the playoffs, and that makes no sense. Why not bring back Lance? He should be healed before Jimmy is.

I think Kyle Shanahan hates Trey Lance, and was given Trey Lance by the front office. It was a project that probably is not going to work out. I think Trey Lance is gonna be traded this off season and Jimmy will return on a new contract, no matter how awful he preforms in the playoffs again.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Gimpy G doesn't hold up to well. I like what he does when he is healthy but the getting hurt issues in too much a liability.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Shanahan is walking the Gimpy G return story back saying that in 7 to 8 weeks the foot could heal but being football ready is completely different thing.
Lots of present and former 9rs are chiming in with positive input on chances going forward with Brock at the helm.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Based

Post by Based »

Shanahan made Nick Mullins break records as an undreafted rookie free agent, why wouldnt he do the same from Purdy? Purdy has a weak arm, but can make the quick reads and hit the passes short to the pro bowl skilled position players
straycat

Post by straycat »

Mullens was great off the bench but not so much when put in the starting lineup. I hope Purdy can keep the wheels rolling.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Debo going down seamed to overshadow what was an overall phenomenal effort by the young rookie QB in his 1st ever NFL start.
Also the 1st of 5 rookie QB's to beat a Tom Brady lead team their 1st time facing him throwing for 2 TDs and running for another. Despite the defense not recording any sacks the pressure they put on Brady culminated in plenty of hurried throws resulting in 2 key INTs.
Debo is expected to be out for up to 4 weeks, which would have him available by the playoffs. This Thursday they can clinch the NFC west with a win over the Shehawks.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Talk that Brock Purdy could sit out the Shehawks game due to an Oblique injury suffered on a 1st quarter scramble for 10 yrds. That would put veteran Josh Johnson under center. Johnson has been around the league playing for 14 different teams which is an NFL record.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

looks like the injury to Debo, resulting in him getting carted off the field, is not as severe as initially thought and he could return at some point prior to the end of the season.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

9rs 1st team in the league to clinch their division, 1st time since 2011 that the 9rs sweep Carrol and the Shehawks. They extend their win streak to seven, Purdy is 2 - 0 as a starter. Kittle said post game that the team is starting to really gel. 8)
Next game is Washington.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

49rs steamroll past the team from Washington after what appeared to be a close game after the first 1/2.
Defense went in the history books being the first team to hold opponents to less than 59 yards rushing through 8 consecutive games.
With the remaining games looking to be gimmies on paper there hope they can be the second seed if Minnesota falters.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”