The Platinum San Francisco 49'r Thread.

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Re: The Platinum San Francisco 49'r Thread

Post by straycat »

FB_IMG_1672019230481.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Debo was on the practice field today in preparation for the Sunday game in Vegas against the Raiders. Personally I wouldn't mind him seeing limited action these remaining games and keep him on ice till the playoffs.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Wake up game for DeMeco Ryans as his light out defense is feasted on by the Raiders who was playing for their playoff lives. Great to see Purdy perform well in a slugfest. 9rs claim the #2 seed at this point. A win next week and an Eagle loss to the Gnats and we have ourselves a first round bye with home field throughout.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

straycat wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:54 am Wake up game for DeMeco Ryans as his light out defense is feasted on by the Raiders who was playing for their playoff lives. Great to see Purdy perform well in a slugfest. 9rs claim the #2 seed at this point. A win next week and an Eagle loss to the Gnats and we have ourselves a first round bye with home field throughout.
To be fair, if the Raiders were really playing for their playoff lives, I think they would have stuck with Carr. Raiders playoff hopes, for all practical purposes, we’re extinguished last week against the Steelers.
Based

Post by Based »

That was the best 49er game of the season, but it was against the shitty ass raiders.

That historic 9er defense struggled against a back up QB. The raiders ran it hard they the middle or took shots down the field at will. It will be interesting to see these playoff team replicating that game plan against the 49er defense, because it worked. All a QB has to do is buy time and windows to open because the 9ers can man cover, and the zone breaks down when the pressure is evaded.

49ers DBs can’t cover the deep ball on every play. The 49ers Dline almost got no pressure on Stidham untill the 4th qrt. Bosa forced the bad throw in OT for the pick and YAC from the FS which set up the win.
Based

Post by Based »

I read if the Eagles and Cowboys both lose on week 18, the 49ers take the #1 seed with a win over the Cardinals. Eagles are hurting without Hurts and playing the Giants who are making an playoff push and Cowboys play vs the Commanders who have a great defense, so it’s possible. 49ers and eagles both need this bye week for injures. Philly’s best pass rusher Josh Sweat was carted off the field yesterday with an injury. That hurts their defense significantly in the playoffs if they can’t apply pressure on opposing QBs the way they have been all season.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Cagiva9 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:27 pm
straycat wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:54 am Wake up game for DeMeco Ryans as his light out defense is feasted on by the Raiders who was playing for their playoff lives. Great to see Purdy perform well in a slugfest. 9rs claim the #2 seed at this point. A win next week and an Eagle loss to the Gnats and we have ourselves a first round bye with home field throughout.
To be fair, if the Raiders were really playing for their playoff lives, I think they would have stuck with Carr. Raiders playoff hopes, for all practical purposes, we’re extinguished last week against the Steelers.
They was still a very slight chance Dolphins n Jets both lost which where part of the equation.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Based wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:45 pm I read if the Eagles and Cowboys both lose on week 18, the 49ers take the #1 seed with a win over the Cardinals. Eagles are hurting without Hurts and playing the Giants who are making an playoff push and Cowboys play vs the Commanders who have a great defense, so it’s possible. 49ers and eagles both need this bye week for injures. Philly’s best pass rusher Josh Sweat was carted off the field yesterday with an injury. That hurts their defense significantly in the playoffs if they can’t apply pressure on opposing QBs the way they have been all season.
Pressure is key as most any team in this league will make the plays if they have time.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

I believe if 9rs win & Eagles lose 9rs beat out both 9rs n Cowpies by virtue of better conference record.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

So if the stars align in favor of the Scarlet & Gold 9rs beat the Cards and the Gnats beat the Smeaguls handing SF the #1 seed with the 1st round bye.
FB_IMG_1673200490751.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

49's sucure the #2 seed and will host the Shehawks on Saturday. What had the makings of a long day in part to quick score on AZ's opening drive and some spotty passing by Purdy things eventually settled and SF went on to close out the season with a 10 game win streak.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

I imagine with this thread getting well over 60+ visits a post, (so much for O'le Stray talking to himself again) that my buddy NoPop has been bouncing in and out.
Sincerely hope things are good up in your part of the West Coast. Hope the Shehawks can make things interesting, Purdy still needs to be tested going forward.
Any chance Carrol & Shnider put in a bid for Gimpy G? Poor Russel Stover sure took a thrashing this year, saw Harbough name getting some publicity today at work as becoming Russell's new HC. That might be a good fit.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Our young QB has his next test this gloomy Saturday afternoon. We'll see how Brock holds up in a severe weather game as rain is forecasted for the day throughout the bay.

Is he ready to make a huge splash? We shall see :wink:
mudslide-sliding.gif
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Based

Post by Based »

If Brock wins some of these playoff games, he should be given given offensive rookie of the year award. I'm seeing him not even in the discussion.
straycat

Post by straycat »

I've said before that if 9rs can go all the way with him at the helm Trey gets his walking papers. As a note his only complete game was a loss against the lowly Bears and some fans blamed that on the rain when it was only a problem in the last quarter.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

After what summed up a less than desired 1st 1/2 the 9rs took it to the shehawks the rest of the game. Purdy is first rookie QB to win a playoff game since Russell Stover in 2012, he threw for 3 TDs and also ran for one. He is also the youngest player in NFL history with 300-plus passing yards and three-plus touchdown passes in a playoff game, surpassing Dan Marino. Purdy is the third player in NFL history with 300-plus yards and at least four total touchdowns in his playoff debut, joining Matthew Stafford (2011) and Kurt Warner (1999).
Not shabby for a youngin that's still in the gum cutting process.
If the Dikes beat the Gnats then we host them next week. If the Gnats win I believe they would go to Philly and we play the winner of the Cowpies/Bucks game. Do I have that right 🤔
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Climb on board and enjoy the ride 😎
FB_IMG_1673760068830.jpg
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

FB_IMG_1673806608625.jpg
😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Based

Post by Based »

Is Brock Purdy a franchise QB? I just don't understand how he's playing at a high level as a rookie, and the last pick of the last draft. Every week im wondering when he's gonna get exposed, but he's playing so consistently well. The defense seems to be the one with the issues, because this offense is really putting point on the board vs some good defenses.
straycat

Post by straycat »

With the stars at key positions it's not completely impossible not to have some success, he isn't turning the ball over a whole lot, maybe one INT from last week. His confidence in himself is a big factor. Does one bad game equate to getting exposed? The win streak won't last forever but hopefully it can carry 3 more games. 🤓
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Based

Post by Based »

straycat wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:38 pm With the stars at key positions it's not completely impossible not to have some success, he isn't turning the ball over a whole lot, maybe one INT from last week. His confidence in himself is a big factor. Does one bad game equate to getting exposed? The win streak won't last forever but hopefully it can carry 3 more games. 🤓
I agree with you.

Tom Brady last night looked Shaky with pass rusher coming to his face. He was playing scared last night and it was the major reason why they lost. I really felt like I was watching Jimmy G playing QB for Tampa lol. Ian Rapport said 49ers would try to bring in Brady next season, but with how he looked yesterday and how brock looks, it makes no sense. Keep Brock and Lance on the roster for next season, no Tom Brady or Jimmy G to eat away at their cap.
Based

Post by Based »

49ers vs the Cowboys. Now that's a fucking game. Cowboys dominated a very bad team last night, and I didnt see anything that should scare that 49er defense. This could be a high scoring game, but I see the 49ers defense making some key stops and turnovers that will change the tide of the game.

Cowboys are gonna send Parsons down the middle to Purdy for most of the game to put pressure on the rookie. I see 49ers rolling him out of the pocket and putting in more blockers when he does drop back.

Dak looked great running out of the pocket and using his legs to extend drives. That's going to really challenge the 49ers defense. Greenlaw is fast enough to contain that if they make him a spy. Cowboys also have some good WRs, and 49ers DBs struggle with coverage with the long ball (their biggest weakness) and applying pressure on the QB on plays.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Based wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:18 pm
straycat wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:38 pm With the stars at key positions it's not completely impossible not to have some success, he isn't turning the ball over a whole lot, maybe one INT from last week. His confidence in himself is a big factor. Does one bad game equate to getting exposed? The win streak won't last forever but hopefully it can carry 3 more games. 🤓
I agree with you.

Tom Brady last night looked Shaky with pass rusher coming to his face. He was playing scared last night and it was the major reason why they lost. I really felt like I was watching Jimmy G playing QB for Tampa lol. Ian Rapport said 49ers would try to bring in Brady next season, but with how he looked yesterday and how brock looks, it makes no sense. Keep Brock and Lance on the roster for next season, no Tom Brady or Jimmy G to eat away at their cap.
No doubt you have 2 QB's making rookie minimum contracts. Might crush Lance's ego a bit to be regulated to 2nd string but how can you bench a guy who is putting up rookie numbers that are off the charts?
Gimpy G is a free agent, I appreciate what he did when healthy but let's move on from him. Brady needs to do something else but his ego won't let him. He has a crazy deal already to work in the booth. How can he be more irritating than Collinsworth?
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Based wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:25 pm 49ers vs the Cowboys. Now that's a fucking game. Cowboys dominated a very bad team last night, and I didnt see anything that should scare that 49er defense. This could be a high scoring game, but I see the 49ers defense making some key stops and turnovers that will change the tide of the game.

Cowboys are gonna send Parsons down the middle to Purdy for most of the game to put pressure on the rookie. I see 49ers rolling him out of the pocket and putting in more blockers when he does drop back.

Dak looked great running out of the pocket and using his legs to extend drives. That's going to really challenge the 49ers defense. Greenlaw is fast enough to contain that if they make him a spy. Cowboys also have some good WRs, and 49ers DBs struggle with coverage with the long ball (their biggest weakness) and applying pressure on the QB on plays.
Bosa & Armstead will have Dak running a lot sooner then the Shmucks defensive pressure did. Hufanga and Greenlaw complement each other nicely. Warner is also a beast. Sometimes the deep ball kills them but hopefully that takes place few and far between.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Based

Post by Based »

straycat wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:30 am

No doubt you have 2 QB's making rookie minimum contracts. Might crush Lance's ego a bit to be regulated to 2nd string but how can you bench a guy who is putting up rookie numbers that are off the charts?
Gimpy G is a free agent, I appreciate what he did when healthy but let's move on from him. Brady needs to do something else but his ego won't let him. He has a crazy deal already to work in the booth. How can he be more irritating than Collinsworth?
[/quote]

With how the league is using the QB position now, you really need two starting QBs at all time. The league is looking for QBs to be more mobile to avoid sacks and extend plays, but that's leading to more injuries for QBs. I think 61 QBs started games this season already. I think players are less prone to play injured (bad play hurts due to injury hurts them in contract negotiations), and these new wave of players arent willing to get addicted to pain killers to stay on the field.

If I'm the 49ers, I'd trade Lance going into the last year of his contract, and keep them together for one more year. Purdy looks like the next Franchise QB. He's def more a Jeff Garcia type of player, than a Young or Montana, but all you need is Jeff Garcia talent to win with Shanahan's system.

I feel Tom Brady does not want to retire because he loves the fame of being a football player. He still has the arm, but his body simply cannot play the position anymore. He knows he's one big hit from getting injured, so he is playing shaky because he doesnt want to get hit. He should be in the booth, but his ego is way too big. I think he's going to give it ago for one more season. He can join the Jets, Ravens, and raiders, and lead those teams to the playoffs.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”