Wlad (2008) Against Prime Sanders

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.

Who Wins?

You may select 1 option

View results

KSTAT124
TTR Rankings & Results Editor
TTR Rankings & Results Editor

Post by KSTAT124 »

Underweartaker wrote:I think Sanders was probably at his best when he blitzed Bobby Czyz in 1998. 36 is pretty old for a guy who relies on hand speed. He was still decent, but more or less on the way out.
I don't think the Czyz fight is really one to be used as an example of Sanders' best- Czyz was way overweight, undertrained, and had not fought for over two years. It was baffling that he (Czyz) even took the fight to begin with!

As for Sanders and Wladimir, it was always a 50-50 proposition. Sanders' speed, southpaw style, and power appear to give him a decided edge, especially when you remember their one and only bout. However, Sanders' chin betrayed him more than once and Klitschko certainly has (and had) the power to end a bout between the two of them at any moment. Sanders' beard was (and maybe still is) more durable than Wlad's but it was not one to be compared to Ali's or Chuvalo's.

An immediate rematch between the two probably would have ended the same way the first one did but a Wladimir, with regained confidence, would have had a decent shot at turning the tables on Sanders.
lurkyshaka
TTR Challenge #1 & 2 Champion
TTR Challenge #1 & 2 Champion

Post by lurkyshaka »

stenchasaurous wrote:
lurkyshaka wrote:
stenchasaurous wrote:

There was something wrong with his judgment, he couldn't judge when he was open to getting hit and trusted his ability to take a punch, which was an overestimation on his part. If you can't tell he's worked on and improved that over time, then maybe you should watch some more of his fights because you obviously haven't been paying attention.

As far as abusing people, I never pretended to be "sweetness and light." Like I said, the problem is you like to be a sneaky, snide fuck, coming into threads suggesting people are "thick as planks" when noone else was name calling and what not. I don't bother with that sort of mess.

BTW, maggot's don't eat shit, they eat necrotic flesh, so if I'm like a maggot, I guess I'm chewing on your putrid, rotting carcass right now. Now pipe down, noone likes carrion, but I'm trying to do a service and clean up the mess that is you in general so I can save those with weaker stomach's the trouble of your vile emanations.

:lol:

You do make me laugh, you're genuinely funny. You take yourself way too seriously, lucky nobody else does. Maybe maggot was the wrong word....twat is more apt. I'll leave you to buff up that ego of yours a little bit more.

While you're calling people thick as planks maybe you should look in the mirror as you say I'm taking myself too seriously. What about the last part of that previous post looked serious? :lol: Getting you to jump is like shooting fish in a barrel :D

Whoah......not sure i can multi-task like that! :wink:
ronco53

Re: Wlad Now Against Prime Sanders

Post by ronco53 »

RimmyJice wrote:How would Wlad today fair against the Sanders who defeated him?
Sanders was the perfect style for Vlad. Even that sanders would have woke up Lewis and made him fight, thats why lewis said they were friends and would never fight on the hbo telecast after the vlad fight. Vlad has great technical skills, but poor natural fighting instincts. He just doesn't have that killer edge outside of his raw ability.
the13r
TTR

Re: Wlad (2008) Against Prime Sanders

Post by the13r »

OTD 2003

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”