Name Prospect (less than 15 fights) that will be p4p ?

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
the13r
TTR

Name Prospect (less than 15 fights) that will be p4p ?

Post by the13r »

ImageImageImageImageImage

Click HERE for
middleweight
Gennady Golovkin
13 (10) - 0 (0) - 0
BoxRec Record

DIRICUL (ttr russian member):

"Gennady Golovkin (ex-amateur world champ from Kazakhstan)

He turned pro as middleweight and is 9-0-0 ( 8 ) now. During his amateur career (75 kg = 168 lbs) he defeated Matvey Korobov, Lucian Bute, Andy Lee, Andre Direll. He has a gold medal of Amateur World Championship and a silver medal of the last Olympic Games. "

Gennady Golovkin

Amateur
He was a scholarship holder with the Olympic Solidarity program since November 2002.

At the 2003 World Amateur Boxing Championships in Bangkok, he won the gold medal beating future two-time champion Matvey Korobov (RUS) 19:10 , Andy Lee (29:9), Lucian Bute (stoppage), Yordanis Despaigne in the semifinals (29:26) and Oleg Mahskin in the finals.

At the 2004 Summer Olympics he beat Ramadan Yasser Abdelghafar 31 - 20 and Andre Dirrell 23 - 18, lost to the Russian Gaydarbek Gaydarbekov 18 -28 and won the silver medal. [1].

At the world championships 2005 he sensationally lost to Mohamed Hikal.

[edit] Amateur Highlights
2000 won the Junior World Champioships in Budapest, Hungary as a Light Welterweight. Results were:
Defeated Hao Yen Kuo (Chinese Taipei) RSC-3
Defeated Alexander Renz (Germany) PTS (26-7)
Defeated Benjamin Kalinovic (Croatia) PTS (21-10)
Defeated Evgeni Putilov (Russia) PTS (24-10)
Defeated Maikel Perez (Cuba) PTS (30-17)
2002 won the Asian Games in Busan, South Korea as a Light Middleweight. Results were:
Defeated Abdullah Shekib (Afghanistan) AB-1
Defeated Nagimeldin Adam (Qatar) RSCO-1
Defeated Song In Joon (South Korea) PTS (18-12)
Defeated Suriya Prasathinpimai (Thailand) RSCO-3
2003 won the World Championships in Bangkok, Thailand as a Middleweight. Results were:
Defeated Matvey Korobov (Russia) PTS (19-10)
Defeated Andy Lee (Ireland) PTS (29-9)
Defeated Lucian Bute (Romania) KO-4
Defeated Yordanis Despaigne (Cuba) PTS (29-26)
Defeated Oleg Mashkin (Ukraine) RSCI-2
2004 Middleweight Olympic Silver Medalist as a member of the Kazakhstani Olympic Team. His results were:
Defeated Ali Ahmed Khan (Pakistan) 31-10
Defeated Ramadan Yasser (Egypt) 31-20
Defeated Andre Dirrell (USA) 23-18
Lost to Gaydarbek Gaydarbekov (Russia) 18-28

Fighter: Gennady Golovkin
Name Gennady
Surname Golovkin
Weight Class Middleweight
Height 5' 10 "
Date of Birth 08.04.1982
Place of Birth Karaganda, Kazahstan
Residence Hamburg, Germany
Nationality Kazakhstan
Trainer Magomed Schaburow
Manager Dietmar Poszwa
Original Profession Teacher
Hobbies Travelling
Amateur Credentials World Champion 2003 in Bangkok
Silver Medal at Olympics 2004 in Athen
Junior World Champion
RimmyJice

Post by RimmyJice »

"At the 2003 World Amateur Boxing Championships in Bangkok, he won the gold medal beating future two-time champion Matvey Korobov (RUS) 19:10 , Andy Lee (29:9), Lucian Bute (stoppage), Yordanis Despaigne in the semifinals (29:26) and Oleg Mahskin in the finals.

At the 2004 Summer Olympics he beat Ramadan Yasser Abdelghafar 31 - 20 and Andre Dirrell 23 - 18, lost to the Russian Gaydarbek Gaydarbekov 18 -28 and won the silver medal."

Whoa...
FightFanAL
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion

Post by FightFanAL »

nice find astor. thats a stud amateur resume'
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Incredibly talented guy, diricul, a russian member here brought him to my attention!

probably the best amateur resume out there in the recent yrs

hes beaten inkin too i think
FightFanAL

Post by FightFanAL »

he's also beat Ian Gardner in the pros who is no slouch and only losses have come against top guys like Abraham and Dawson and he had a split decision loss to Manfredo early in his career.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

FightFanAL wrote:he's also beat Ian Gardner in the pros who is no slouch and only losses have come against top guys like Abraham and Dawson and he had a split decision loss to Manfredo early in his career.
you mean in amateur, golovkin?
FightFanAL

Post by FightFanAL »

the13r wrote:
FightFanAL wrote:he's also beat Ian Gardner in the pros who is no slouch and only losses have come against top guys like Abraham and Dawson and he had a split decision loss to Manfredo early in his career.
no,sorry i should have seperated that a little bit.All of Gardner's pro losses were to top guys like Dawson and Abraham. Not a bad comparison considering Abraham and Dawson are on that borderline list
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

FightFanAL wrote:
the13r wrote:
no,sorry i should have seperated that a little bit.All of Gardner's pro losses were to top guys like Dawson and Abraham. Not a bad comparison considering Abraham and Dawson are on that borderline list
now i got you, yeah definately not a slouch for sure
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

BEIBUT SHUMENOV

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Click Here For
Beibut Shumenov
6 (5) - 0 - 0
division light heavyweight
rating
World 19 / 699
Kazakhstan 1 / 3
nationality Kazakhstan
residence Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
height 6′ 2″

Boxrec Record

Bio
====
Beibut Shumenov, (born 19 August 1983 in Kazakhstan) is a Kazakhstani professional boxer who fights in the light heavyweight division.

Amatuer career
===============
Shumenov represented Kazakhstan in the 2004 Summer Olympics. His results were:

Defeated Aleksy Kuziemski (Poland) 34-22
Lost to Ihsan Yildirim Tarhan (Turkey) 19-27

Professional career
=============
Shumenov moved to the United States and based himself in Las Vagas where he turned professional in March 2007. In his debut in North Carolina, Shumenov defeated Walter Edwards with a knockout in the first round. He followed this up with another two knockout wins within 4 months.

In March 2008, Shumenov returned to Kazakstan to fight Amercian Donnell Wiggins for the vacant WBC Asian and interim PABA light heavyweight titles. Shumenov quickly dispatched the experienced Wiggins with a second round knockout and the next month beat former US national Golden Gloves champion Lavell Finger in the first round to add the vacant WBO Asia Pacific title to his WBC Asian and interim PABA titles.

Shumenov's most high profile fight came in August 2008 when he faced from world champion Montell Griffin in Chimkent, Kazakhstan to defend his regional WBC and WBO titles. Shumenov was taken to the scorecards for the first time in his career but won the fight clearly winning every round on all three judges cards.

Kazakh boxer Beibut Shumenov met the former WBC champion Montell Griffin in Shymkent. Within just one year since he entered professional sport, Shumenov has secured five knock-out wins, while Griffin has a 15-year record of 49 wins, of which 30 were knock-outs. Among those defeated by griffin were James Toney. Although Griffin’s main successes are all in the past, he is still very strong and is known for his excellent and well-coordinated technique which he showed during the match in Shymkent. Despite the misses, Griffin managed to stay within all the 12 rounds, while Beibut Shumenov confirmed his top class fighting skills and won the match. The fact that he overpowered such a strong opponent makes his 6th victory even more important for Shumenov.

INTRODUCING BEIBUT SHUMENOV

Press Release: Former Kazakhstan Olympian Beibut “The Beast” Shumenov just might be the best fighter in the world that most boxing fans haven’t heard of, at least not at this stage of his young professional career. In less than 10 months, 24-year-old Shumenov has won all six of his pro fights, five by knockout. Earlier this month in Chimkent, Kazakhastan, Shumenov (6-0, 5 KOs) easily won a 12-round decision against former WBC title holder Montell “Ice” Griffin (50-8, 30 KOs), who years ago beat James Toney twice. Beibut won every round, nearly stopping Griffin in the opening round, en route to shutting out the former world champion by scores of 120-108 (twice) and 120-107. After the fight Griffin, still considered a fringe contender, was taken to the hospital for stitches for a cut over his eye as well as to get his ribs examined after Beibut’s body attack.

Shumenov was highly touted in the 2004 Olympics, winning his opening bout against Polish representative Aleksy Kuziemsky (presently 15-0 as a pro prospect), 37-22. Amidst rumors of a hand injury, Beibut was defeated in the round of 16 by Turkey’s Ihsan Yildorim Tarham, 27-19, in the same light heavyweight division Andre Ward of the United States won a gold medal.

Last November in North Carolina, Shumenov won his pro debut with a first-round TKO of Walter Edwards, followed in order by an opening-round knockout of Cedric Howard in Florida, and fourth-round TKO of 68-fight veteran Shannon Miller in Tennessee. In April, Beibut put Donnell Wiggins (24-10-4) to sleep in the second round of their fight in Kazakhstan. Ten days later, Beibut stopped Lavell Fingers (26-2) in the first-round of their April 22nd fight, also held in Kazakhstan.

Trained by Kenny Adams and advised by E Point K Consulting, Shumenov is resting in Kazakhaston and will return to Las Vegas in late September, early October to prepare for his next fight. Beibut plans to make a title run in 2009.
RimmyJice

Post by RimmyJice »

I know many people are very high on Daniel Jacobs...I've only seen him once (on FNF I believe) and he was very impressive at this early stage.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

RimmyJice wrote:I know many people are very high on Daniel Jacobs...I've only seen him once (on FNF I believe) and he was very impressive at this early stage.
i think hes a VERY VERY promising fighter, good background, olympina, aggressive and athletic... its promising, but still not on par with guys mentioned above which to use a pbf`s expression he stole form the french

they are "la crême de la crême!"
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Click HERE for
Super Middleweight
Daniel Jacobs
10 (9) - 0 (0) - 0
rating 158 / 818
nationality United States
alias The Golden Child
residence Brooklyn, New York, United States
stance orthodox
height 6′ 1″
reach 74“
BoxRec Record

Weight Class: Welterweight/152 pounds
Weight: 152 pounds
Height: 6-0
Born: February 3, 1987 in Brooklyn, N.Y.
Lives and trains in: Brooklyn, N.Y.
Coach: Victor Roundtree
Club: Starrett City Boxing Club
Began boxing: 2001
2003 Junior Olympic National Champion
2004 National Golden Gloves Champion
2004 Under 19 National Champion
2004 National PAL Champion
National Golden Gloves (at 165 lbs): dec. Amir Shareef, 5-0, in first round; stopped Abraham Han, RSC-2, in second round; dec. Jonathan Cepeda, 5-0, in quarterfinals; dec. Shawn Porter, 5-0, in semifinals; dec. William Boggs, 5-0, in finals for 1st.
U.S. Championships: stopped Brent Rodrigues, RSC-2, in first round; dec. DeShon Banks, 27-24, in quarterfinals; dec. Boyd Melson, 15-10, in semifinals; lost on points to Demetrius Andrade, 18-12, in finals for 2nd.

Jacobs vs Volkov

DANIEL JACOBS Vs JULIO PEREZ

<embed width="740" height="620" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v3.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=4uz4w6&s=3" FlashVars="gig_lt=1215225468767&gig_pt=1215225474759&gig_g=2"></embed>
scappoosejohn

Post by scappoosejohn »

Good prospects indeed. I wonder if Diricul has any Golovkin fights that he can upload? I'd be very interested in seeing this guy in action.
"A champion, a true champion is to take on all capable challengers. A true champion defends his title, and looks for matches that pose a threat in order to prove to the world he deserves to be called the best of the best."
KSTAT124
TTR Rankings & Results Editor

Post by KSTAT124 »

While most people would regard Golovkin as an excellent prospect, both the WBC and the WBA rate him as a legitimate top ten contender. This is despite the fact that he's never been in a bout scheduled for more than 8 rounds. Yes, he has his wins over Khomitsky and Gardner but that just proves that as a prospect, he's for real. Rating him #8 or #9 (as the WBC and WBA do respectively) is premature and not very fair to the middleweights who should be ranked in those spots. I have no doubt that Golovkin will eventually earn universal recognition as a bona fide contender but to anoint him one solely on potential isn't right.

I see Astor beat me to the punch regarding Shumenov. Golovkin's countryman has accomplished quite a bit in a very short time, especially winning a 12-round decision over Montell Griffin in his last bout. It's surprising that at least one of the sanctioning bodies hasn't prematurely ranked him in the top 15 yet. The WBC has him at #26 which seems to be fair (maybe he could be even a tad higher) and the WBO gives him a special mention just outside their top 15. With only 6 pro bouts under his belt, Shumenov has picked up the WBC's Asian Boxing Council title, the WBO's Asia Pacific title, and the interim version of the WBA's PABA title.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

scappoosejohn wrote:Good prospects indeed. I wonder if Diricul has any Golovkin fights that he can úplδâd? I'd be very interested in seeing this guy in action.
there is at least one or maybe two in our DL section!
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

KSTAT124 wrote:While most people would regard Golovkin as an excellent prospect, both the WBC and the WBA rate him as a legitimate top ten contender. This is despite the fact that he's never been in a bout scheduled for more than 8 rounds. Yes, he has his wins over Khomitsky and Gardner but that just proves that as a prospect, he's for real. Rating him #8 or #9 (as the WBC and WBA do respectively) is premature and not very fair to the middleweights who should be ranked in those spots. I have no doubt that Golovkin will eventually earn universal recognition as a bona fide contender but to anoint him one solely on potential isn't right.

I see Astor beat me to the punch regarding Shumenov. Golovkin's countryman has accomplished quite a bit in a very short time, especially winning a 12-round decision over Montell Griffin in his last bout. It's surprising that at least one of the sanctioning bodies hasn't prematurely ranked him in the top 15 yet. The WBC has him at #26 which seems to be fair (maybe he could be even a tad higher) and the WBO gives him a special mention just outside their top 15. With only 6 pro bouts under his belt, Shumenov has picked up the WBC's Asian Boxing Council title, the WBO's Asia Pacific title, and the interim version of the WBA's PABA title.

any other kazakhstan fighters we should keep an eye on? i was suprised when i realized they were both from there. I see they are pretty big in amateur boxing and still pretty well represented at the olympics.
Underweartaker

Post by Underweartaker »

Golovkin's 1 round demolition of Mashego is a contender for KTFO of the year.
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

the13r wrote:
KSTAT124 wrote:While most people would regard Golovkin as an excellent prospect, both the WBC and the WBA rate him as a legitimate top ten contender. This is despite the fact that he's never been in a bout scheduled for more than 8 rounds. Yes, he has his wins over Khomitsky and Gardner but that just proves that as a prospect, he's for real. Rating him #8 or #9 (as the WBC and WBA do respectively) is premature and not very fair to the middleweights who should be ranked in those spots. I have no doubt that Golovkin will eventually earn universal recognition as a bona fide contender but to anoint him one solely on potential isn't right.

any other kazakhstan fighters we should keep an eye on? i was suprised when i realized they were both from there. I see they are pretty big in amateur boxing and still pretty well represented at the olympics.
Prospect-wise, there's welterweight Vitaliy Demyanenko (15-0, 10 KOs) who the WBO, WBA, and WBC already rate as a contender. The WBO has him at #9 (he holds their Asia Pacific title), the WBA also ranks him #9 (he's their PABA champ), and the WBC has him at #11 (he's Asian Boxing Council titleholder).

Veteran Marat Mazimbaev (20-4-1, 14 KOs- a pro since 2000) is the WBO's #14 junior bantamweight contender (the WBC has him at #39 as a bantamweight) and, of course, there's Oleg Maskaev, who was born in Kazakhstan to Russian parents, moved to Russia, later lived in Staten Island, New York, and now resides in West Sacramento, California.
Papa1472002

Post by Papa1472002 »

Hylon Williams Jr.
scappoosejohn

Post by scappoosejohn »

the13r wrote:
scappoosejohn wrote:Good prospects indeed. I wonder if Diricul has any Golovkin fights that he can úplδâd? I'd be very interested in seeing this guy in action.
there is at least one or maybe two in our DL section!
Thanks and I'll check it out.
"A champion, a true champion is to take on all capable challengers. A true champion defends his title, and looks for matches that pose a threat in order to prove to the world he deserves to be called the best of the best."
scappoosejohn

Post by scappoosejohn »

KSTAT124 wrote:
the13r wrote:

Prospect-wise, there's welterweight Vitaliy Demyanenko (15-0, 10 KOs) who the WBO, WBA, and WBC already rate as a contender. The WBO has him at #9 (he holds their Asia Pacific title), the WBA also ranks him #9 (he's their PABA champ), and the WBC has him at #11 (he's Asian Boxing Council titleholder).

Veteran Marat Mazimbaev (20-4-1, 14 KOs- a pro since 2000) is the WBO's #14 junior bantamweight contender (the WBC has him at #39 as a bantamweight) and, of course, there's Oleg Maskaev, who was born in Kazakhstan to Russian parents, moved to Russia, later lived in Staten Island, New York, and now resides in West Sacramento, California.
Good info fellas! I didn't know any of this stuff.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

golovkin vs gardner full televised german Hls

<embed width="640" height="520" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v4.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=2hmhca8&s=4"><a href="http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2hmhca8&s=4">

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”