Do any of you guys have friends that...

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
supermaxpapic

Do any of you guys have friends that...

Post by supermaxpapic »

...bet using your predictions?
I know this dude that I used to play basketball with pretty often who now texts me for almost every big fight to see who I think is going to win.

I think the bum's trying to make a quick buck off me, but isn't saying. Needless to say, I stopped replying to his texts about two fights ago.

Team PlatanoPower... "El Fundador".
RimmyJice

Post by RimmyJice »

Yes. My friend Steve has won thousands off my boxing predictions. My friends call me for advice during every big fight.
RimmyJice

Post by RimmyJice »

After I told him to take Taylor over Hopkins and Wright over Tito, I get calls for every big one.
supermaxpapic

Post by supermaxpapic »

RimmyJice wrote:Yes. My friend Steve has won thousands off my boxing predictions. My friends call me for advice during every big fight.
Damn.
He cut you in on any of them winnings?

I can't wait to read what KSTAT's response is. :lol:

Team PlatanoPower... "El Fundador".
mogologo

Post by mogologo »

Yeah, and I also have a friend that I pick against in EVERY sport. The guy bets on baseball, basketball, football, and soccer. I can't remember the last bet he's won.
Bertel1

Post by Bertel1 »

I have a friend who followed Boxing before I did. Here lately he's been cold on his predicitions. He picked Hopkins, Gomez, and Hatton to win. I would have def given Hatton and the old man a chance, but Gomez? WOW! Some of these picks are obvious, and Gomez should have been one of em. At the rate my buddy has been going, whoever he picks to win will probably be the guy to lose.
"My belt says the heavyweight champ of the world!"(Wilder)
"So does his, and he has a couple of them" (Jim Gray, *in reference to Anthony Joshua)
KSTAT124
TTR Rankings & Results Editor
TTR Rankings & Results Editor

Post by KSTAT124 »

I had friends years ago who could not understand why I didn't bet on fights especially after I picked Livingstone Bramble to dethrone Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini. My response was that I also picked Johnny Bumphus to beat Gene Hatcher the same night!

Anyway, most of my friends with whom I used to go to live fights and to closed circuit shows in the '80s and '90s either don't follow boxing as closely as they used to or seem to be 10-20 years older than they actually are! There's a few guys at work who ask me my opinion on upcoming fights but I have no idea if they bet according to my predictions or if they bet at all.
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Post by Primetyme199 »

I have a few that do that with me, usually if they win a nice chunk they throw me a couple of bucks. Makes me feel bad though when I tell them one thing and that guy gets his ass kicked.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

SERIOUSLY THOUGH, anybody wanting to make money should take note son gibberish's picks, because hes often right on
kstat124 and lruk are also incredible predictors
Erison

Post by Erison »

I told a lot of people to put money down on Kessler vs Calzaghe. Needless to say not many people want my predicitons anymore, :lol:
Done posting. RIP TTR.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”