OT: NBA thread

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
ObJuan13

Re: OT: NBA thread

Post by ObJuan13 »

KiNg_DaDdY_2o9 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:51 am OKC offered to send PG13 & Russ for Siakam and a host of draft picks. Toronto couldn't match the Clips' offer.
Damn, that would have been a bold move for both teams
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

Freakzilla wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:45 am And Westbrook scares away another all-star.

PG to the Clippers for 5 unrestricted 1st round picks.

Clippers also sign Kawhi to become favs for the title.
Personally I think this favs for the title is bullshit. Raptors got lucky as fuck, this Clipper team is going to be like fourth in the West, book it.

Kawhi going to the Clippers for a long term deal? I think Kawhi knows something's up with his body and is scared to be front and center.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

yoloswaggy911 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:34 pm
Freakzilla wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:45 am And Westbrook scares away another all-star.

Personally I think this favs for the title is bullshit. Raptors got lucky as fuck, this Clipper team is going to be like fourth in the West, book it.

Kawhi going to the Clippers for a long term deal? I think Kawhi knows something's up with his body and is scared to be front and center.
They were the 7th seed with no Kawhi and PG. They only lost Gallinari and replaced him with a top 3 player and another top 15 player. They are easily a top 2 team in the West now.
stunna 2.0

Post by stunna 2.0 »

I think the top 2 teams in the west are Lakers
And rockets and nuggets the 3rd best team the clippers and Portland will battle for the 4th spot
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Freakzilla wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:43 pm

They were the 7th seed with no Kawhi and PG. They only lost Gallinari and replaced him with a top 3 player and another top 15 player. They are easily a top 2 team in the West now.
They also lost SGA.
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

Clippers will tough as hell if they can gel, especially defensively with Kawhi, George and Beverly.
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

stunna 2.0 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:53 am I think the top 2 teams in the west are Lakers
And rockets and nuggets the 3rd best team the clippers and Portland will battle for the 4th spot
I think the top of the west is close overall. I am a Clippers fan so I am not only glad the Clipz got Kawhi and PG, but prevented the Lakers from getting Kawhi.

The top of the west will be interesting. Clippers and Lakers seem to be favs right now, but portland and Utah is interesting. If Klay can come back by playoff time in decent shape, the Dubs will be dangerous as well. They swept Portland and closed out the Rockets without KD.

Nuggets are interesting, but they lost to Portland, a team that got swept by a KD less dubs. Giving Murray more money than either PG or Kawhi, unless he takes a big leap along with Joker and the rest of the team, Nuggets may be more of a regular season team verses a 7 game juggernaut. Reminds me of the old Hawks, Raptors and Rockets teams that can not grind through a 7 game series. I like the Nuggets, but will need to see how they grow first.

I think if the Clippers can gel, their perimeter defense will be lockdown and they have a pretty deep bench.
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

You must be a Laker fan and salty they didn't land Kawhi huh? I think the rivalry at Staples Center will be great and I hope they meet in the playoffs. Lakers are going to try and outscore teams and Clippers have a balanced attack offense and defense and an intact deep bench.

The west is crazy deep again and is going to be awesome.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Danielk015 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:35 pm

You must be a Laker fan and salty they didn't land Kawhi huh? I think the rivalry at Staples Center will be great and I hope they meet in the playoffs. Lakers are going to try and outscore teams and Clippers have a balanced attack offense and defense and an intact deep bench.

I can picture Stephen A. Smith when you bring up rivalry at the Staples Center since he was saying on First Take he selfishly wants Kawhi to go to the Clippers because it will mean the Staples Center being so important for 82 games and not just 41.
soonermark890

Post by soonermark890 »

Damn thunder.
FUCK LAWRENCE COLE
FUCK VIC DRAKULICH
FUCK KENNY BAYLESS
FUCK DANA WHITE
FUCK BOTH CHARLO'S
FUCK TEXAS!!!!!!!!
soonermark890

Post by soonermark890 »

Damn thunder.
FUCK LAWRENCE COLE
FUCK VIC DRAKULICH
FUCK KENNY BAYLESS
FUCK DANA WHITE
FUCK BOTH CHARLO'S
FUCK TEXAS!!!!!!!!
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

I'm from L.A. I know exactly who the Clippers are. Get big nuts Balmer dancing on the paint for me with his stupid fucking Falcon Mascot.

Thanks
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

Danielk015 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:35 pm

I don't care about Kawhi on the Lakers, I think Kawhi would disappear in this offense and is a head case. The Warriors had a lean bench and the cogs that made the the wheels turn went out of service. If you really think Kawhi Leonard and Paul George can lead a squad you've been brainwashed by the talking heads.

These awkward motherfuckers (PG-13 and Kawhi) aren't going to lead this team into shit, they're going to lead this team into 2nd round purgatory; and furthermore slander the name of one Mr. Jerry Alan West.

Book This.

Will pony up for the site if I turn out delusional.

I don't trust either of these broken puzzle pieces.

#InBoogieWeTrust
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

yoloswaggy911 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:17 pm

I'm from L.A. I know exactly who the Clippers are. Get big nuts Balmer dancing on the paint for me with his stupid fucking Falcon Mascot.

Thanks
Who gives a shit where you are from? Saying the Clippers will be 4th shows a lack of basketball knowledge.
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

If you really think Kawhi Leonard and Paul George can lead a squad you've been brainwashed by the talking heads.

Lol. This guy.

I like the Avery Bradley signing by the Lakers defensively. Plus, you need some Tacoma on that team to temper the OC softness that tends to bleed into those Laker squads.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Not everything is finished but.....

Lac and lal are significantly better
Okc and gsw are significantly worse
Denver and Portland are marginally better
Houston is the same
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

yoloswaggy911 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:21 pm

I don't care about Kawhi on the Lakers, I think Kawhi would disappear in this offense and is a head case. The Warriors had a lean bench and the cogs that made the the wheels turn went out of service. If you really think Kawhi Leonard and Paul George can lead a squad you've been brainwashed by the talking heads.

These awkward motherfuckers (PG-13 and Kawhi) aren't going to lead this team into shit, they're going to lead this team into 2nd round purgatory; and furthermore slander the name of one Mr. Jerry Alan West.

Book This.

Will pony up for the site if I turn out delusional.

I don't trust either of these broken puzzle pieces.

#InBoogieWeTrust
Why would Kawhi disappear in the Lakers offense? He is an efficient scorer, moves without the ball well, makes smart decisions, can get to anywhere on the floor to get a shot off. I think you need to redefine the definition of a head case. Boogie is a head case. Kawhi is two times Finals MVP.

What did Kwahi do this past year? Just a cog on the wheel? If you don't define what he did leading a group to the title, then I don't know what to say.

If healthy, the western conference finals is the floor. Feel free to donate to TTR when the Clippers advance farther than the Lakers.

Funny, PG is a headcase, but what AD did at the end of the Pelicans tensure is honorable huh? LOL

Let's get real here. tenure
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:48 am Not everything is finished but.....

Lac and lal are significantly better
Okc and gsw are significantly worse
Denver and Portland are marginally better
Houston is the same
I think Utah got much better as well. the West is going to be a grinder for sure.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Forgot about them

In the east Indiana got better. Philly and Milwaukee a touch worse. Toronto and Boston much worse. Brooklyn is better.
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

Westbrook to the Rockets for Chris Paul and two #1 picks plus 2 swaps
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

Sneaky good pickup for the Rockets in my opinion BUT only if they keep Capela and finally commit to playing defense, otherwise it’ll be the same old Rockets
J.J.Dillon
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ

Post by J.J.Dillon »

Sooner on suicide watch.
Slippery Pete II

Post by Slippery Pete II »

Leonard is a top 5 player in the NBA, but he's a wacko and his "advisor" Uncle Dennis wreaks havoc anywhere Leonard plays, just ask the Spurs and Raptors. Anytime an advisor/family member gets as many mentions as the player the red flag goes up, just see the Ball family as an example. There's also his leg injury which is said to be chronic. He was limping around in the playoffs on a few occasions and that was with him only playing 60-something regular season games. He also didn't play the previous season at all due to that injury. Some are saying it was his way of getting out of San Antonio, nobody knows for sure. Maybe it was Uncle Dennis pulling the strings again.

Paul George can't be trusted to make it through an entire season anymore. He had surgery on his shoulder and may miss as many as 10 of the first games of the season if rehab doesn't go as well as they hope it does. I believe he's also got a bum knee.

If the Clippers can stay healthy they are a real threat to win it all this year. They've got a deep bench that can pick up the slack.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

Why does everyone think Kawhi is some sort of head case? He’s about as steady and focused as it gets
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

Why does everyone think Kawhi is some sort of head case? He’s about as steady and focused as it gets
Exactly.

Kawhi has always been a down to Earth person, every since he was playing CIF in L.A., to his days with SDSU, and with the Spurs. He doesn't kick up a lot of dust. But nobody seems to realize that Popovich, though a great coach, can be a hard guy to play for, and the Spurs didn't handle Leonard's injury the best. It was just time for them to part ways.

Kawhi is a MAJOR asset to any organization he's a part of....

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”