OT: NBA thread

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
yoloswaggy911

Re: OT: NBA thread

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

Danielk015 wrote:https://deadspin.com/report-tristan-tho ... 1828022407

Wannabe tough guy Dray Green tries to make nice with Thompson but instead gets some fists/hands in his face. Dray is a punk. He has no problem assaulting smaller dudes. He has no problem embarrassing another player after the Finals are over, then going on media talking about how tough he is and how soft Thompson is. And the first moment Dray sees him on the outsides wants to make nice. LOL. Dray always writing checks his fists can not cash, and this one came back to him.

I have way more respect for Dray than Thompson over that. Punch a guy cuz he talked some shit over a game and now he wants to be cool? Real tough guy shit.
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

yoloswaggy911 wrote:

Wannabe tough guy Dray Green tries to make nice with Thompson but instead gets some fists/hands in his face. Dray is a punk. He has no problem assaulting smaller dudes. He has no problem embarrassing another player after the Finals are over, then going on media talking about how tough he is and how soft Thompson is. And the first moment Dray sees him on the outsides wants to make nice. LOL. Dray always writing checks his fists can not cash, and this one came back to him.

I have way more respect for Dray than Thompson over that. Punch a guy cuz he talked some shit over a game and now he wants to be cool? Real tough guy shit.
You have more respect for Dray? Did you hear the shit he was talking about Thompson at the Dubs parade? Then the shit that he was talking in other subsequent interviews about Thompson? IMO, I have respect for Thompson for not trying to go tit for tat on social media or interviews and going back after Dray verbally. Just let the beef stay the beef if Dray wanted to talk trash. Not like they are friends. And the moment Dray sees Thompson, he wants to squash it? Dray should have avoided Thompson like Thompson avoided Dray.

I don't think Thompson was trying to be a tough guy. He was just tired of Dray's two faced bullshit.

Dray always acts like the wannabe tough guy.

I find it interesting you would be cool with someone that drags you through the mud in the media. This is not just regular on the court trash talk. This is different. But if you cool with other people treating you like shit and want to kiss and make up. Well, different strokes for different folks i guess
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

Danielk015 wrote:
yoloswaggy911 wrote:

You have more respect for Dray? Did you hear the shit he was talking about Thompson at the Dubs parade? Then the shit that he was talking in other subsequent interviews about Thompson? IMO, I have respect for Thompson for not trying to go tit for tat on social media or interviews and going back after Dray verbally. Just let the beef stay the beef if Dray wanted to talk trash. Not like they are friends. And the moment Dray sees Thompson, he wants to squash it? Dray should have avoided Thompson like Thompson avoided Dray.

I don't think Thompson was trying to be a tough guy. He was just tired of Dray's two faced bullshit.

Dray always acts like the wannabe tough guy.

I find it interesting you would be cool with someone that drags you through the mud in the media. This is not just regular on the court trash talk. This is different. But if you cool with other people treating you like shit and want to kiss and make up. Well, different strokes for different folks i guess
Yah, no.

If some guy talks some shit about what goes on while we're on the court I'm certainly not going to punch some dude if he comes up to squash it.

That's some woman kind of bullshit. Doesn't mean we're cool but to punch a dude cuz he talked some shit over a game? C'mon.

I might as well go slap the hell out of a 12 year old for saying he's going to fuck my mom on Xbox with that logic. Anyways, none of these guys really seem like tough guys anyways. Glorified Instagram models playing a game.
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

yoloswaggy911 wrote:
Yah, no.

If some guy talks some shit about what goes on while we're on the court I'm certainly not going to punch some dude if he comes up to squash it.

That's some woman kind of bullshit. Doesn't mean we're cool but to punch a dude cuz he talked some shit over a game? C'mon.

I might as well go slap the hell out of a 12 year old for saying he's going to fuck my mom on Xbox with that logic. Anyways, none of these guys really seem like tough guys anyways. Glorified Instagram models playing a game.

Like I said, it was not just on the court. I agree with you if it stayed there. He was on several interviews including during the parade just talking shit about Thompson. If Green wanted to kiss and make up, he should have used the same medium first and apologize to Thompson in TV interviews first.

This was not like an assault and this was probably not a full swing of a punch. Probably a half shove similar to a 'get the fuck out of here' type of punch.

What would it take to piss you off to shoove/punch someone away? Would it be a rival business person talking personal shit about you to prospective clients in an effort not to win the deal, but to embarrass you? Would it be shit they talk about your family? What if they lied about you to your friends?

The shit talk went outside the basketball court and they could piss some people off. If Green wants to be cool, then don't talk shit outside the basketball court
KiNg_DaDdY_2o9

Post by KiNg_DaDdY_2o9 »

After the NBA Finals, Green said he and Thompson were not cut from the same cloth, meaning Dray thinks he's gangsta and TT is soft.

Rumor has it Dray was making jokes about the Finals and also brought up Khloe K during the party LeBron was throwing. TT wasn't having it and took off on Dray. Green didn't want that smoke tho. Talkin' gangsta 'til it's time to be gangsta...
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

KiNg_DaDdY_2o9 wrote:After the NBA Finals, Green said he and Thompson were not cut from the same cloth, meaning Dray thinks he's gangsta and TT is soft.

Rumor has it Dray was making jokes about the Finals and also brought up Khloe K during the party LeBron was throwing. TT wasn't having it and took off on Dray. Green didn't want that smoke tho. Talkin' gangsta 'til it's time to be gangsta...
Dray talking like he is an OG

"I can't meet him outside of here [Oracle Arena] because I'll still get fined," Green told reporters. "But I can meet him in the streets any day.

"You can say to somebody 'meet you at the bus,' but I'm -- keep taking care of my family, man -- I ain't gonna meet you at the bus. But, you know, the summers, you can meet anybody anywhere. ... If he wants to see me somewhere else, that's fine. Any time."
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

KiNg_DaDdY_2o9 wrote:After the NBA Finals, Green said he and Thompson were not cut from the same cloth, meaning Dray thinks he's gangsta and TT is soft.

lol glorified wannabe's
theVAMP
TTR MMA Challenge #2 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #2 Champ

Post by theVAMP »

Truth of the matter is alot of those NBA guys cant fight because they never had to unless they were bullies.

Not many people or the average person picking fights with anyone 6'4 and above...
Just a guy

Post by Just a guy »

Danielk015 wrote: Dray talking like he is an OG

"I can't meet him outside of here [Oracle Arena] because I'll still get fined," Green told reporters. "But I can meet him in the streets any day.

"You can say to somebody 'meet you at the bus,' but I'm -- keep taking care of my family, man -- I ain't gonna meet you at the bus. But, you know, the summers, you can meet anybody anywhere. ... If he wants to see me somewhere else, that's fine. Any time. Unless it's at a party and he hits me and calls me out. Any time other than that."
I'm not sure that Draymond said the bolded, but it is entirely possible. He seems likely to at least have THOUGHT it.
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Homer J. Simpson
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

Just a guy wrote:
Danielk015 wrote: Dray talking like he is an OG

"You can say to somebody 'meet you at the bus,' but I'm -- keep taking care of my family, man -- I ain't gonna meet you at the bus. But, you know, the summers, you can meet anybody anywhere. ... If he wants to see me somewhere else, that's fine. Any time. Unless it's at a party and he hits me and calls me out. Any time other than that."
I'm not sure that Draymond said the bolded, but it is entirely possible. He seems likely to at least have THOUGHT it.
LOL
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Post by Primetyme199 »

Free-agent forward Carmelo Anthony plans to sign his one-year, $2.4 million contract with the Houston Rockets on Monday, league sources told ESPN.

Anthony has traveled to Houston and will finish his physical Monday before signing the contract, league sources said. Anthony, 34, also received the remaining $25.4 million of his original 2018-19 salary from the Atlanta Hawks -- including a $2.4 million contract buyout.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
Just a guy

Post by Just a guy »

I heard on Dan Patrick this morning that 'Melo is supposedly considering coming off the bench for Houston.

If true, that would go a long ways towards making Houston actually better - my statements about his making Houston worse were predicated on his forcing himself into the starting lineup and possibly causing all sorts of chemistry and defensive issues. As a Vinnie Johnson type player that can come in for instant offense... I don't mind that role for him.

Homer J. Simpson
supermaxpapic

Post by supermaxpapic »

bumpity bump bump!

couldn't find this thread in page 1. what gives?

Team PlatanoPower... "El Fundador".
J.J.Dillon
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ

Post by J.J.Dillon »

Dayamn...
treywayln

Post by treywayln »

The last post before this one was on October 17th... Max must be rolling over in his grave

Now I know the Warriors kinda ruined the entertainment factor, they're almost certainly gonna win again, but this was the main thread for this whole site for years, and to see it as an afterthought is strange. I'm too lazy to write anything my damn self though, so I'm not one to talk, lol.

I figured for sure there would be talk after all the big trades though.
"I am the flail of God. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
soonermark890

Post by soonermark890 »

Meh trades won’t even matter. All I know is Russ is insane and Paul George is the MVP
FUCK LAWRENCE COLE
FUCK VIC DRAKULICH
FUCK KENNY BAYLESS
FUCK DANA WHITE
FUCK BOTH CHARLO'S
FUCK TEXAS!!!!!!!!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

soonermark890 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:18 am Meh trades won’t even matter. All I know is Russ is insane and Paul George is the MVP
PG was at best 5th choice for MVP.
J.J.Dillon
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ

Post by J.J.Dillon »

So...anyone checked to see if Sooner's still alive?
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

i need to pay more attention... Raptors have a decent team?
J.J.Dillon
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ

Post by J.J.Dillon »

#2 in the East.

I haven't seen a single game at all this year.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

ive watch the ncaa sweet 16 and what followed (i do each yr)... but haven't watched a min of the raptors yet
daintyhulk

Post by daintyhulk »

I do believe the Raptors have a chance to play for the title this year and if that happens, expect Kawhi and Gasol re signing with Toronto.

Their defense have been very good, Kawhi is playing as well as in his MVP days, Siakam has been a revelation, Danny Green is as reliable as always, Marc has really helped with spacing and defense and with Lowry directing the plays, the Raptors has become a well oiled cohesive unit.

Of course I'm a huge Raptors fan.
--There's nothing more deceiving than the obvious truth--
Just a guy

Post by Just a guy »

I just re-read my post that Carmelo Anthony might make the Rockets better coming off the bench if he didn't have to play defense... yeah, that wasn't my best call.

Meantime, this is getting interesting. Spurs/Nugs is interesting... Golden State is allowing the Clips to hang around... Dame Dash hit a ridiculous shot that he should have saved for later :-)

The Rockets, for real, kinda look like the Warriors did once upon a time... when they need a shot, they seem to hit it - and it could be anyone.

EDIT: Anyone except 'Melo... goodness, what was I thinking?

Homer J. Simpson
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

daintyhulk wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:54 pm I do believe the Raptors have a chance to play for the title this year and if that happens, expect Kawhi and Gasol re signing with Toronto.

Their defense have been very good, Kawhi is playing as well as in his MVP days, Siakam has been a revelation, Danny Green is as reliable as always, Marc has really helped with spacing and defense and with Lowry directing the plays, the Raptors has become a well oiled cohesive unit.

Of course I'm a huge Raptors fan.

Good team. East is open; 4 good teams left and you can make a case for any of them

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”