OT: NBA thread

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Banks187

OT: NBA thread

Post by Banks187 »

Didn't get to catch the Spurs/Suns today, anyone wanna fill me in on how the Spurs won?

Watching the Mavs/Hornets game right now, Chris Paul is the best PG in the league, bar none.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Finley hit a 3 to send it to OT, Duncan hit a 3 to send it to double OT (his first of the year) and Manu dominated double OT

Shaq and Amare were in foul trouble
Banks187

Post by Banks187 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote:Finley hit a 3 to send it to OT, Duncan hit a 3 to send it to double OT (his first of the year) and Manu dominated double OT

Shaq and Amare were in foul trouble
Thanks bro. Manu is Mr. clutch. I'm sick of the Spurs, too bad they got a miracle to send it to double OT.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

yeah me too... they just have the suns number. It reminds me off the way the Kings used to be against the Lakers a few short years ago
rocketcoe

Post by rocketcoe »

Did anyone see Bron's dunk against the Wizards? What a great game that was.
Banks187

Post by Banks187 »

rocketcoe wrote:Did anyone see Bron's dunk against the Wizards? What a great game that was.
Yeah, bad pass but Lebron saved him. It's amazing how bad the Cavs are other than Lebron.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

That was one of the best dunks I have seen in a long time. I told my brother after it happened that it will probably be #1 on Sportscenter tonight unless there is an amazing one-punch KO tonight.
Banks187

Post by Banks187 »

Peja just put a dagger in the Mavs. I hate Dirk more and more every time I see him play, he flops as badly as anyone in the history of the league. Chris Paul is ridiculous, other than Lebron, he's the first guy I take if I'm starting a franchise.
rocketcoe

Post by rocketcoe »

Banks187 wrote:Peja just put a dagger in the Mavs. I hate Dirk more and more every time I see him play, he flops as badly as anyone in the history of the league. Chris Paul is ridiculous, other than Lebron, he's the first guy I take if I'm starting a franchise.
Dirk kills me. Perhaps the most un-clutch player I've seen in some time. He's like Randy Johnson in the postseason (for a while). I hope J. Kidd can pull it together for us soon.
Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

wow, Hawks in the playoffs, that must make Mookie Blalock excited!
"Injustice, evil can’t be allowed to happen. If it happens close to you you must intervene. Sometimes you can only overcome evil with force. I always try to talk it over"

Fedor

Just a guy

Post by Just a guy »

Chris Paul is a freak, and Lebron was N-n-n-n-asty with that dunk.

Agent Zero better watch his mouth or else hit about 8 threes after he runs his mouth. And was there even a stat line for Stevenson after saying that Lebron is over-rated? Oh, wait - he did have 3 points to Lebron's 32. Good call, scrub.

Nuggets play the Lake-show tomorrow. Kobe probably heard those MVP chants for Chris Paul - it ain't gonna be pretty, because we all KNOW the Nuggets can't play defense. 208-198 Lakers.
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Homer J. Simpson
davidashley

Post by davidashley »

Here's Lebron's dunk for those of you who missed it. I called about 10 people after this one.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CPT7QXv3CW4&feature=related
"Sooner or later, 69 will be in your face." - Al Michaels
linked

Post by linked »

BEcause my spurs are the best. Yo Duncan didn't look old last night did he?
Publicity is like poison; it doesn't hurt unless you swallow it.
-Joe Paterno
Life doesn't run away from nobody. Life runs at people.
-Joe Frazier

Linked's fave 5 (Paul Williams, Andre Ward, Floyd Mayweather, Timothy Bradley, Bernard Hopkins)
davidashley

Post by davidashley »

linked wrote:BEcause my spurs are the best. Yo Duncan didn't look old last night did he?
What'd you think when he took that 3? I'd have been thinking NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Sooner or later, 69 will be in your face." - Al Michaels
linked

Post by linked »

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
lol is how it came out I think. No one is picking the spurs out west and thats fine, but they did just send a memo to the league, that to take the title back your going to have to fight for it.
Publicity is like poison; it doesn't hurt unless you swallow it.
-Joe Paterno
Life doesn't run away from nobody. Life runs at people.
-Joe Frazier

Linked's fave 5 (Paul Williams, Andre Ward, Floyd Mayweather, Timothy Bradley, Bernard Hopkins)
Banks187

Post by Banks187 »

Go Pistons!
supermaxpapic

Post by supermaxpapic »

Banks187 wrote:Go Pistons!
I think they like doing shit the hard way on purpose. :evil:

Team PlatanoPower... "El Fundador".
Banks187

Post by Banks187 »

supermaxpapic wrote:
Banks187 wrote:Go Pistons!
I think they like doing shit the hard way on purpose. :evil:
I wonder who the Celtics are rooting for in that series.
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

Fag sport. :lol:
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
Banks187

Post by Banks187 »

RASTA666 wrote:Fag sport. :lol:
Hey now!
Banks187

Post by Banks187 »

Hey Max, did you catch the piece Bill Simmons wrote about the LVP (least valuable player)? Frickin hilarious, he ranks them all starting from like 300, only 50 or so names are in there but it's a great read. I'll get you a link if you haven't read it.
supermaxpapic

Post by supermaxpapic »

Banks187 wrote:Hey Max, did you catch the piece Bill Simmons wrote about the LVP (least valuable player)? Frickin hilarious, he ranks them all starting from like 300, only 50 or so names are in there but it's a great read. I'll get you a link if you haven't read it.
Yeah, skimmed through it on Friday. No sense reading all that crap about crappy players. The Marbury piece, of course, including the provided link to "a night at the Starbury", which I IMMEDIATELY forwarded to all Knick fans I have e-mail addresses for. :lol:

Banks187

Post by Banks187 »

supermaxpapic wrote:
Banks187 wrote:Hey Max, did you catch the piece Bill Simmons wrote about the LVP (least valuable player)? Frickin hilarious, he ranks them all starting from like 300, only 50 or so names are in there but it's a great read. I'll get you a link if you haven't read it.
Yeah, skimmed through it on Friday. No sense reading all that crap about crappy players. The Marbury piece, of course, including the provided link to "a night at the Starbury", which I IMMEDIATELY forwarded to all Knick fans I have e-mail addresses for. :lol:
LOL, I wasn't even mad, it was hilarious. Did you see read Vince Carter's paragraph? "I mailed in this paragraph in his honor." :lol:
supermaxpapic

Post by supermaxpapic »

Banks187 wrote:
supermaxpapic wrote:
LOL, I wasn't even mad, it was hilarious. Did you see read Vince Carter's paragraph? "I mailed in this paragraph in his honor." :lol:
He's the reason Jason Kidd wanted out.
I feel bad for Iluvboxing. He's a Carter fan. OUCH.

dreadlock214

Post by dreadlock214 »

I love the spurs, but they are going to have to find an answer for the pick and roll with Amare and Nash. This has to be the best 3 vs 6 match ever. I wonder what they'll be like in the second round after the beating they will take in this one. Timmy was huge in game and Parker speed stole the show before he fouled out.
I've wined and dined with kings and queens, and I've slept in allies and dined on pork and beans."

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”