OT: NBA thread

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Freakzilla

Re: OT: NBA thread

Post by Freakzilla »

Since December 1st Lonzo Ball has shot:

41% from 3 and 43.5% from the field.
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

Number 7 wrote:Since December 1st Lonzo Ball has shot:

Calling it now:

Spurs out of the playoffs, Lakers in
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

yoloswaggy911 wrote:

Calling it now:

He also is one of the best defensive PG's in the NBA. I called it from the start that he wont be a bust and to just give him time. His father going overseas has been the best thing for him.
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

Number 7 wrote:
yoloswaggy911 wrote:

Calling it now:

He also is one of the best defensive PG's in the NBA. I called it from the start that he wont be a bust and to just give him time. His father going overseas has been the best thing for him.
Agreed. I am surprised at his defensive performance. He played none in high school and college. But that goes to show his IQ is very high. I still wish he would be more aggressive in more situations. He has an advantage in many situations. HIs all around game is good enough, as long as his shot falls, he will be fine. Definitely coincided with his father leaving town
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I think he will be an all-star in a couple of years. Next year he will go up a level. He could be this generations Jason Kidd.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Lonzo has improved but I think he has nearly reached his ceiling. He is just missing something overall that will prevent him from being a superstar.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

David wrote:Lonzo has improved but I think he has nearly reached his ceiling. He is just missing something overall that will prevent him from being a superstar.
Reached his ceiling? lol he's a bloody rookie.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

When Harden, Paul and Capela all play the Rockets are 32-1. The 1 loss was by 2 points :shock: :shock: :shock:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

East:

1. Toronto vs 8. Washington
2. Boston vs 7. Milwaukee
3. Philadelphia vs 6. Miami
4. Cleveland vs 5. Indiana

West:

1. Houston vs 8. Minnesotta
2. Golden State vs 7. San Antonio
3. Portland vs 6. New Orleans
4. Oklahoma City vs 5. Utah

All the higher seeds to win in round 1.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Predictions for theplayoffs:

1. Toronto vs 8. Washington
2. Boston vs 7. Milwaukee
3. Philadelphia vs 6. Miami
4. Cleveland vs 5. Indiana
1. Houston vs 8. Minnesotta
2. Golden State vs 7. San Antonio
3. Portland vs 6. New Orleans
4. Oklahoma City vs 5. Utah

1. Toronto vs 4. Cleveland
2. Boston vs 3. Philadelphia
1. Houston vs 4. Oklahoma City
2. Golden State vs 3. Portland

3. Philadelphia vs 4. Cleveland
2. Golden State vs 4. Oklahoma City

2. Golden State vs 4. Cleveland
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

I was hoping OKC would match up with GSW in round 1. That would have been fun. Or at least potentially round 2. Don't think they can beat Houson unless PG goes for 40 a game. Carmelo is dead weight
soonermark890

Post by soonermark890 »

Westbrook averages a triple double again :D
FUCK LAWRENCE COLE
FUCK VIC DRAKULICH
FUCK KENNY BAYLESS
FUCK DANA WHITE
FUCK BOTH CHARLO'S
FUCK TEXAS!!!!!!!!
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

soonermark890 wrote:Westbrook averages a triple double again :D
out of control
babak

Post by babak »

David wrote:Lonzo has improved but I think he has nearly reached his ceiling. He is just missing something overall that will prevent him from being a superstar.
youre better than that
If we fight for money, I’ll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honor, I’ll stop hitting you when I feel like it.” - rickson gracie
babak

Post by babak »

Danielk015 wrote:
out of control

great player no doubt but the entire team lets him get all the rebounds...its so obvious it almost looks ridiculous...steven adams is running the break while westbrook is skying for the boards
If we fight for money, I’ll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honor, I’ll stop hitting you when I feel like it.” - rickson gracie
soonermark890

Post by soonermark890 »

babak wrote:
Danielk015 wrote:
out of control

great player no doubt but the entire team lets him get all the rebounds...its so obvious it almost looks ridiculous...steven adams is running the break while westbrook is skying for the boards
Smh :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
FUCK LAWRENCE COLE
FUCK VIC DRAKULICH
FUCK KENNY BAYLESS
FUCK DANA WHITE
FUCK BOTH CHARLO'S
FUCK TEXAS!!!!!!!!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

He is right though. Westbrook is a stat padder and makes teammates worse. Look at Oladipo in Indiana compared to OKC. Look at PG in OKC compared to Indiana. In the last game the rest of the team was blocking out for him to get the rebound. He should've been on the perimeter gaurding the PG instead he was in the paint.
babak

Post by babak »

its fine, i dont think it really makes him less of a player - guys is a stud but triple doubles are an arbitrarty dumb stat...but pls dont say they arent helping him get rebounds, he like 20 last night and adams had 7...meanwhile adams is like the best offenseive rebounder in the league

i know ur not disgareeing but smh tacitly the same
soonermark890

Post by soonermark890 »

I completely disagree. I watch every game. How many thunder games do you guys actually get to watch? Maybe 10?

You are just going by what crap some talking head says in order to get a rating. The guy gets those rebounds honestly.
FUCK LAWRENCE COLE
FUCK VIC DRAKULICH
FUCK KENNY BAYLESS
FUCK DANA WHITE
FUCK BOTH CHARLO'S
FUCK TEXAS!!!!!!!!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Westbrook cares more about stats than winning and being a good teammate. It's why Durant left OKC. It's why Oladipo is smashing it this season. It's why PG and Carmelo have been hopeless.
J.J.Dillon
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ

Post by J.J.Dillon »

And the Blunder continue to sink down the standings. :D
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

Number 7 wrote:Westbrook cares more about stats than winning and being a good teammate. It's why Durant left OKC. It's why Oladipo is smashing it this season. It's why PG and Carmelo have been hopeless.
Perhaps you are right about Westbrook caring more about stats, but that is not a proven. With Durant and Westbrook, the Thunder was an elite team. Credit goes to both players. Probably should have won 1 title, but losing to the Heatles was not anything to be ashamed of. And being up huge against the Warriors, a series if they won, they would have been favored over the Cavs and IMO would have beaten the Cavs. If there is blame for not winning a title, it rests equally on the stars Westbrook and Durant and maybe the coach.

As for your other comments. Worth discussing.

For Oladipo, maybe he is in the right system with the Pacers and/or he made the "leap". Prior to joining OKC, when he was the focal young star in Orlando, his counting metric and advanced metric was similar to his year at OKC. Up to the OKC season, Oladipo shot the highest FG% and 3FG% in his career while playing with Russell. He also had his highest offense and defense rating respectively in his career. His True Shooting percentage was the highest of his career. ALL WITH THE CAREER DESTROYING WESTBROOK at the helm. This year, he has made a leap with Indiana, which players do make.

Which leads me to Paul George. I never thought Paul was an elite superstar that could carry a team. Indy was just okay with PG last year. With Oladipo, they are rising. That says something about PG IMO.

As for PG with OKC and Westbrook. PG seems to be having an 'off' year, but overall, he is having a normal year for PG standards. We just think it is off as more of the spotlight is on PG and Thunder performance as it is a more high profile team. PG's true shooting percentage this year is the 2nd highest of his career. HIs offense rating is the HIGHEST of his career. His offensive win shares is the HIGHEST OF HIS CAREER. His FG% is down a little but his 3pg% is the second highest of his career.

This does not look like PG is being crushed by playing with Westbrook. He is playing his career average. Which is just okay. PG's top 3 PER is 20.9, 20.2, 20.1. This year it is 18.7. 4th highest of his career and not that far off his career high. There is NO ELITE PLAYER IN THE NBA that their highest PER is less than 21. in 2018, a 21 PER would be the 30th highest in the league. That is fringe all star status.

Oladipo carries a 23+ PER this year.

So how is Westbrook limiting PG's ability?

Melo is simply not good anymore. His PER has been declining every year since his age 28 season. Lowering his usage combined with his deteriorating skills and not great internal drive to be the best, well, you get Melo in 2018.

So how is Westbrook creating this hopeless PG and Melo situation? Should they be doing MORE than their career arc stats? Maybe it is the coach? Or supporting Cast that are also problems?
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

babak wrote:
Danielk015 wrote:
out of control

OKC says it is their strategy to have Guards like Russell get the boards and push it up with the way the team is made up. Adams is a good rebounder, but he was never elite. No one will mistake him for a Duncan. But this year, he has averaged the highest rebounds of his career. There is no Deandre Jordan or Drummond on that team to clean up the glass. PG and Melo are decent rebounding forwards, but they have never averaged close to 10 rebounds a game during the season.

Even when they had Serge and Durant. Both are better rebounders than PG and Melo, but neither were dominate rebounders and OKC had a system where their guards check back and rebound. Westbrook just spends a ton of energy that other guards do not on rebounding and pushing it up the floor.

I also want to add that Reggie Jackson, when he was playing good minutes for OKC, had his highest Total Rebound Percentage of his career with the Thunder than his years starting with the pistons. It is the way OKC has their system deployed.

Yes,he does have some extra gimmies for sure, but all in all, 2 years in a row of triple doubles is impressive.

Especially considering he is the only player in the league with double digit assists and he is top 10 in rebounds.
soonermark890

Post by soonermark890 »

J.J.Dillon wrote:
And the Blunder continue to sink down the standings. :D
Lol you really need to check the standings before you post
FUCK LAWRENCE COLE
FUCK VIC DRAKULICH
FUCK KENNY BAYLESS
FUCK DANA WHITE
FUCK BOTH CHARLO'S