BOB willing to pay PBF $20 Mil for Cotto

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
tainos
TTR Super Challenge 7 & Regular Challenge 20 & 22 Champion

BOB willing to pay PBF $20 Mil for Cotto

Post by tainos »

Found this on Eastside Boxing. Dont know where he got his source.

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/forum/sho ... hp?t=53854
Yo naci en Puerto Rico. Pero me cree en Nueva York. Pero nunca me olvidare, de mi tierra Borinquena.
Team Platano Power - Carribean Connection
tainos

Post by tainos »

Now that I went through the whole thread in Eastside they never came up with a source. Please disregard.
Yo naci en Puerto Rico. Pero me cree en Nueva York. Pero nunca me olvidare, de mi tierra Borinquena.
Team Platano Power - Carribean Connection
hughes205

Post by hughes205 »

i wisht it would happen. lieke i said before i am more nrevous with pbf fighting odhl than if we whrer to fight cotto , pbf beats cotto like he did hatton .
Southpaw_uppercut

Post by Southpaw_uppercut »

hughes205 wrote:i wisht it would happen. lieke i said before i am more nrevous with pbf fighting odhl than if we whrer to fight cotto , pbf beats cotto like he did hatton .
I feel the exact same way except cotto getting beat like Hatton did, I see a wide UD for PBF though. PBF doesnt get any legacy with DLH and could be robbed just like one judge try to do last time, a win over Cotto completes the PBF legacy and he could do all the dumb WWE events he wants afterwards.
mekane
Donator & Superfights Challenge #2, 4 & 7 Champion
Donator & Superfights Challenge #2, 4 & 7 Champion

Post by mekane »

Southpaw_uppercut wrote:
hughes205 wrote:i wisht it would happen. lieke i said before i am more nrevous with pbf fighting odhl than if we whrer to fight cotto , pbf beats cotto like he did hatton .
I feel the exact same way except cotto getting beat like Hatton did, I see a wide UD for PBF though. PBF doesnt get any legacy with DLH and could be robbed just like one judge try to do last time, a win over Cotto completes the PBF legacy and he could do all the dumb WWE events he wants afterwards.
yeah, another ODLH win doesn't do much for him unless he can knock him out which I highly, highly doubt.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

If PBF can beat Miguel Cotto so easily then why doesn't he? Why hasn't he? Fact is Floyd doesn't want any part of Miguel Cotto especially his fists...
Chef
hughes205

Post by hughes205 »

chef97 wrote:If PBF can beat Miguel Cotto so easily then why doesn't he? Why hasn't he? Fact is Floyd doesn't want any part of Miguel Cotto especially his fists...
i dont know so ur saying he is ducking cotto .come on now . as a pbf i wish he was fighting cotto instead of odhl . then i would be less worried . he already beat odhl . but i dont think he is ducking him,
chef97

Post by chef97 »

I'm not saying PBF is ducking Miguel Cotto but if the shoe fits.....
Chef
hughes205

Post by hughes205 »

chef97 wrote:I'm not saying PBF is ducking Miguel Cotto but if the shoe fits.....
yeah just likehe ducked am , the figth wiill happen hopefully sooner than later. i am sure if arum offerd pbf 20 mill .he woudl fight cotto , either way he should fight cotto but after he gets done with him , then what name will peole bring up next who pbf should fight
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

hughes205 wrote:
chef97 wrote:I'm not saying PBF is ducking Miguel Cotto but if the shoe fits.....
yeah just likehe ducked am , the figth wiill happen hopefully sooner than later. i am sure if arum offerd pbf 20 mill .he woudl fight cotto , either way he should fight cotto but after he gets done with him , then what name will peole bring up next who pbf should fight
Carlos Or Williams and Margo or Cintron
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

It's not easy to just dismiss the thought of PBF ducking not only Cotto but also Margirito, beating Oscar may have been a bench mark victory but did'nt prove much as did KO'ing Hatton.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
IamZOD80

Post by IamZOD80 »

cotto/floyd is the biggest fight out there. it's a fight that ALL boxing fans want to see. (if you don't, then i'm going to go out on a limb and say you're not a boxing fan). that said, i'm not going to hate on floyd for fighting oscar or even doing his stint with the wwe. floyd, like every other boxer is motivated by money. with the exception of a few fighters (ironically, maybe cotto), that thing about legacy and fighting the best anytime, anywhere is least of their worries. would i like floyd to say, fuck oscar, i want to fight cotto right now to prove i'm the best 147 fighter? of course. will it happen? maybe. but honestly, can anyone blame him for fighting oscar again? sure it sucks as a boxing fan, but floyd doesn't owe us anything. if he never boxed again cuz he's decided to act, rap, sing, dance, promote, etc. i'd say he's a smart man. boxing isn't an easy sport, and if you're heart isn't it, then you should get out. unlike many on this board, i don't think cotto will be "easy work." he's going to have to work for that W. i think floyd knows this. so if he can make easier money doing something else, more power to him.
Wheezy

Post by Wheezy »

chef97 wrote:If PBF can beat Miguel Cotto so easily then why doesn't he? Why hasn't he? Fact is Floyd doesn't want any part of Miguel Cotto especially his fists...
for a guy who calls himself Money , the money is where ODH is. simple as that.
as promised, no more voodoo manny mom
hughes205

Post by hughes205 »

straycat wrote:It's not easy to just dismiss the thought of PBF ducking not only Cotto but also Margirito, beating Oscar may have been a bench mark victory but did'nt prove much as did KO'ing Hatton.
i knew from day one pbf would hadndel hatton, but they where both undeated and hatton was suppose to be the opp that had the stlye to bear pbf . we all saw have thta turned.
theVAMP
TTR MMA Challenge #2 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #2 Champ

Post by theVAMP »

kill that shyt man... you knw this is a money thing...

Floyd aint scared of any boxer... been fighting for over 10 years... whats to fear?
Vastud75

Post by Vastud75 »

The funny thing is Cotto just started calling Floyd out this year. Arum would make snide remarks, but he has never really CALLED FLOYD OUT. On a side note, the PBF/ Oscar fight isnt even signed yet, but Cotto is booked thru friggin June, sure looks like he is TRYING to get Floyd in the ring huh, NO it doesnt.
Last edited by Vastud75 on Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

" They say you dont know what u doing till u stop doin it,
Well call me clueless, cuz I do this "
Underweartaker

Post by Underweartaker »

It's made up.
ceelowsback

Post by ceelowsback »

Vastud75 wrote:The funny thing is Cotto just started calling Floyd out this year. Arum would make snide remarks, but he has never really CALLED FLOYD OUT. On a side note, the PBF/ Oscar fight isnt even signed yet, but Cotto is booked thru friggin June, sure looks like he is TRYING to get Floyd in the ring huh, NO it doesnt.
Cotto's always wanted to face Floyd. Cotto's not booked through June...He's only signed to face Gomez. Floyd although not having a signed contract...has made an agreement to face DLH. Its all but signed. If DLH beats Forbes...its a done deal.
Miguel wants to fight MM over anyone else....but what is he supposed to do? Stop his career until MM has time?
TEAM PLATANO POWER - CARIBBEAN CONNECTION
Vastud75

Post by Vastud75 »

ceelowsback wrote:
Vastud75 wrote:The funny thing is Cotto just started calling Floyd out this year. Arum would make snide remarks, but he has never really CALLED FLOYD OUT. On a side note, the PBF/ Oscar fight isnt even signed yet, but Cotto is booked thru friggin June, sure looks like he is TRYING to get Floyd in the ring huh, NO it doesnt.
Cotto's always wanted to face Floyd. Cotto's not booked through June...He's only signed to face Gomez. Floyd although not having a signed contract...has made an agreement to face DLH. Its all but signed. If DLH beats Forbes...its a done deal.
Miguel wants to fight MM over anyone else....but what is he supposed to do? Stop his career until MM has time?

Isnt Cotto already AGREED to face the winner of Margarito/Cintron. Why hasnt Cotto and Arum made Floyd an offer. These things have to happen before someone can be accused of wearing a shoe that fits that looks like ducking, LMAO

ceelowsback

Post by ceelowsback »

Vastud75 wrote:
ceelowsback wrote:

Isnt Cotto already AGREED to face the winner of Margarito/Cintron. Why hasnt Cotto and Arum made Floyd an offer. These things have to happen before someone can be accused of wearing a shoe that fits that looks like ducking, LMAO
They also said he agreed to face Mayorga in June. Lets see what happens after teh dust settles. MM said he wasnt even fighting until at least September. I just hope they're both undefeated when tehy face each other.
TEAM PLATANO POWER - CARIBBEAN CONNECTION
Vastud75

Post by Vastud75 »

ceelowsback wrote:
Vastud75 wrote:
ceelowsback wrote: Cotto's always wanted to face Floyd. Cotto's not booked through June...He's only signed to face Gomez. Floyd although not having a signed contract...has made an agreement to face DLH. Its all but signed. If DLH beats Forbes...its a done deal.

They also said he agreed to face Mayorga in June. Lets see what happens after the dust settles. MM said he wasnt even fighting until at least September. I just hope they're both undefeated when tehy face each other.
True same here, I like Cotto but IMO he has nothing for Floyd. His Defense is too leaky. Zab was hitting him at will when he decided to throw, as was Shane. But neither of them can make him miss like Floyd can. I still want to see SSM/MM Shane is ranked the #2 147lber. I saw that last night on ESPN..

RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

No matter which side one is on this fight is thee fight. To bad about Floyds history with Top Rank. So why does Floyd not make this fight instead of joining the circus? If you are going to say money, I would ask as a boxing fan that you promptly pick up your shoe and stick it in your mouth. Money or legacy? Which is it?
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09
Vastud75

Post by Vastud75 »

RASTA666 wrote:No matter which side one is on this fight is thee fight. To bad about Floyds history with Top Rank. So why does Floyd not make this fight instead of joining the circus? If you are going to say money, I would ask as a boxing fan that you promptly pick up your shoe and stick it in your mouth. Money or legacy? Which is it?

I honestly think he feels he has already built his legacy. Now while thats up for debate, its his career, if he is satisfied with it, who are we to say what he should have and culd have done. No matter who he fights no one will ever say he is better than Leonard, and about 4 other Welters in history so in all actuality whats the point. IF and thats a pretty big if he beats Cotto, people are just going to bring out another name that he HAS to fight. When does it end. If its up the the fans it will never end IMO, thats why I cant really fault him for the money route he is taking. By beating Oscar he has done what he originally set out to do. Now Oscar is about to give him 20 mill more, shit I would never blame him for taking that. The Cotto fight someone will find a way to discredit it, just like they did with Baldi, Zab, Oscar, and Hatton. I guess he needs to fight RJJ, but if he beats him, we'll call Roy shot..

chef97

Post by chef97 »

Money thing ugh Vamp? I thought Floyd said he should be considered one of the all time greats in our sport. What a crock! :roll: The fight that would elevate Floyd to the "all time" status that he has said he wants is the fight with Miguel Cotto period. The reason Floyd won't take the fight is that it will be too dangerous for him. Floyd should just retire like another poster suggested...
Chef
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

Vastud75 wrote:
RASTA666 wrote:No matter which side one is on this fight is thee fight. To bad about Floyds history with Top Rank. So why does Floyd not make this fight instead of joining the circus? If you are going to say money, I would ask as a boxing fan that you promptly pick up your shoe and stick it in your mouth. Money or legacy? Which is it?

I honestly think he feels he has already built his legacy. Now while thats up for debate, its his career, if he is satisfied with it, who are we to say what he should have and culd have done. No matter who he fights no one will ever say he is better than Leonard, and about 4 other Welters in history so in all actuality whats the point. IF and thats a pretty big if he beats Cotto, people are just going to bring out another name that he HAS to fight. When does it end. If its up the the fans it will never end IMO, thats why I cant really fault him for the money route he is taking. By beating Oscar he has done what he originally set out to do. Now Oscar is about to give him 20 mill more, shit I would never blame him for taking that. The Cotto fight someone will find a way to discredit it, just like they did with Baldi, Zab, Oscar, and Hatton. I guess he needs to fight RJJ, but if he beats him, we'll call Roy shot..

I dont agree bro. Its subjectivity verses objectivity and the mud slings both ways. Floyd has never unified a thing and he could have easily. And please dont assert that all who question Floyd are in the category you described. I want to see the best fight the best in the end. Theirs a man across the hall from Puerto Rico who can claim to be the man at 147. Prove otherwise and then go on the traveling road show. I dont give a rats ass whether he fights Quintana, Margo, Cintron or Williams. Beat Cotto and retire. Floyds biggest obstacle to greatness is Floyd.
RIP SCAPP 12/7/09

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”