Arturo Gatti making a comeback???? this weekend???

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
the13r
TTR

Arturo Gatti making a comeback???? this weekend???

Post by the13r »

This is listed on boxrec as saturday , 3 rounds fight with arturo gatti in one of them, i know this means nothing, but the person adding this has to have asked quesitons before adding it up imo...

here is the boxrec page where the card is listed
http://www.boxrec.com/schedule.php?coun ... o&pageID=2

Saturday 22 March 2008
PAL Center, Hockessin, Delaware, United States
promoter: Paul Tyler : Paul Tyler Promotions

6 rounds
Light Middleweight
Aaron Torres 16 (6) - 6 (2) - 0
vs
Michael Stewart 42 (23) - 7 (1) - 2

3 rounds
Light Heavyweight
Richard Stewart 14 (8) - 5 (2) - 2
vs
Steve Walker 0 (0) - 0 (0) - 0

3 rounds
Cruiserweight
Dominick Tiberi 0 (0) - 1 (1) - 0
vs
?

3 rounds
Heavyweight
Vince Tiberi 0 (0) - 0 (0) - 0
vs
?

3 rounds
Welterweight
Arturo Gatti 40 (31) - 9 (5) - 0
vs
?
butaloh
TTR Doctor

Re: Arturo Gatti making a comeback???? this weekend???

Post by butaloh »

the13r wrote:This is listed on boxrec as saturday , 3 rounds fight with arturo gatti in one of them, i know this means nothing, but the person adding this has to have asked quesitons before adding it up imo...

Saturday 22 March 2008

6 rounds
Light Middleweight
vs

3 rounds
Light Heavyweight
vs

3 rounds
Cruiserweight
vs
?

3 rounds
Heavyweight
vs
?

3 rounds
Welterweight
vs
?
At 3 rounds it almost seems like an exhibition match or something.

Tehran in the winter.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

butaloh wrote:
the13r wrote:This is listed on boxrec as saturday , 3 rounds fight with arturo gatti in one of them, i know this means nothing, but the person adding this has to have asked quesitons before adding it up imo...

Saturday 22 March 2008

6 rounds
Light Middleweight
vs

3 rounds
Light Heavyweight
vs

3 rounds
Cruiserweight
vs
?

3 rounds
Heavyweight
vs
?

3 rounds
Welterweight
vs
?
recently there was a card in china with 11 rounders and odd numbers for roudns and Kstat124 told me somehting about one fo these raanking organizations making testing with new number of rounds (wba i think), but youre right at 3 rounds, thsi is getting closer to a sparring or amateur fight
KSTAT124
TTR Rankings & Results Editor
TTR Rankings & Results Editor

Post by KSTAT124 »

the13r wrote:
butaloh wrote:

Saturday 22 March 2008

6 rounds
Light Middleweight
vs

3 rounds
Light Heavyweight
vs

3 rounds
Cruiserweight
vs
?

3 rounds
Heavyweight
vs
?

3 rounds
Welterweight
vs
?
recently there was a card in china with 11 rounders and odd numbers for roudns and Kstat124 told me somehting about one fo these raanking organizations making testing with new number of rounds (wba i think), but youre right at 3 rounds, thsi is getting closer to a sparring or amateur fight
The WBA is experimenting with 9-round and 11-round bouts in regional title bouts. They are also experimenting in those bouts with 1/2 point scoring- winner of a round getting 10 points, loser getting 9 1/2 or less.
babak

Post by babak »

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=14658&more=1

Arturo Gatti To Box Again?

By James Slater: Relax. It's not quite as bad as you think. But, yes, you did read the title of this article correctly. Apparently, as was the case with Iran Barkley last month, Arturo Gatti wants to fight again, in an exhibition event at least. Gatti is scheduled, according to Box-Rec. com, to take part in a three-rounder against an as yet TBA on March 22nd, in Delaware. The card will be headlined by a Aaron Torres-Michael Stewart six-rounder at light-middleweight..

It seems then, even though Gatti's bout is only a three round exhibition, that "Thunder" just cannot get the boxing bug out of his system. But what will this exhibition on March 22nd lead to? If he feels good in there will the massively popular 35-year-old get the desire to box again for real? Let's face it, "The Human Highlight Reel" has made more returns to the ring when appearing to be finished than many a fighter. Is it possible, then, that Arturo is simply testing the water, as it were, in this latest return to, at least partial action?

Will the fans buy yet another fight from the now 40-9(31) Gatti? A "farewell" type of bout would more than likely sell, and who knows, if he's matched safely enough Gatti could well win it. But then what? Knowing Gatti, a natural born fighter who seems to be in danger of not knowing what else to do with his time, he would then want to box for one more world title.

Gatti seems to be a classic example of a once great warrior not knowing when to quit, and stay that way. Non boxing people have long since given up trying to figure out what makes the greats come back again and again, and as is the case with Evander Holyfield, it is very hard for Gatti to listen to experts who have never boxed in their lives anyway. Still, all this considered, it did seem as though Gatti would truly retire and remain retired after the beating he took last time out Vs. Alfonso Gomez. How many bad beatings did that loss make for Arturo and his unbelievably tough career? Try five, at least.

If he is indeed contemplating yet one more "real" comeback, as apposed to just an exhibition bout and nothing more, Gatti will have those people who care about him very worried indeed. The alarm bells are not yet at full volume, but there is at the very least a faint sound of unease in the air - as Box-Rec.com's schedule page for the month of March will attest.
If we fight for money, I’ll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honor, I’ll stop hitting you when I feel like it.” - rickson gracie
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

atleast its only an exhibition
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

i thought thsi was a misunderstanding, i shouldve called that promoter and get the news first... :evil:
novakstep

Post by novakstep »

In similar vain I guess to that exhibition bout Mike Tyson had against somebody (Sanders?) I'd imagine.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

THE CARD VANISHED FROM BOXREC LISTINGS

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”