Rafael Marquez VS Israel Vazquez III

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

The fight was even for me going into the 11th. I had the fight 114-111 Vasquez...
chef97

Post by chef97 »

I just watched the fight again last night as on Saturday night I had to work late and missed most of the fight. I also watched for low blows in each round as there seemed to be a controversy there. I saw low blows landed by Marquez in round(s) 1, 3,4,5,6 and Marquez landed 3 low blows in round 10 the round he was deducted a point. Well, that last low blow did appear to be on the belt line but I think the ref had enough and did warn Marquez several times during the fight...

1. Marquez 10-9
2. Vasquez 10-9
3. Marquez 10-9
4. Marquez 10-8
5. Vasquez 10-9
6. Vasquez 10-9
7. Marquez 10-9
8. Marquez 10-9
9. Vasquez 10-9
10. Vasquez 10-9
11. Vasquez 10-9
12. Vasquez 10-8

Another FOY canidate even though it's only March by two future HOF boxers and like one of the regs here said the real winners are us fans...
Chef
EspinozaBoxing

Israel Vazquez Interview

Post by EspinozaBoxing »

Benny Henderson Jr.: First off Israel I would like to say congratulations on a job well done, and secondly, wow! Both of you guys deserve a standing ovation for the war you two waged. Give the readers your thoughts on the third throw down between you and Marquez.

Israel Vazquez: Thank you very much Benny. It was a war. Marquez and I said it would be just as entertaining as the others, and I think it was. We will be linked together forever, we made history. I have nothing but respect for Marquez, he's a true warrior.

BH: I have to ask this, in the fourth round you caught a massive right hand from Marquez that dropped you to the canvas. Being brutally honest how
shaken up were you?

IV: I was stunned but not to the point where I thought I was really endangered. But he did hurt me. He's very strong. The last punch that he landed hit my eye, which made it really difficult to see from, for the remainder of the fight.

BH: You two have waged twenty-five rounds war in a year, so how are you feeling? And as well I am going to shoot you straight my brother, please take some time off, you honestly need it.

IV: I'm feeling good. I'm just spending time with my lovely wife and beautiful kids. Looking at them, makes it feel what I went thru was really worth it. I do plan on taking time off. I don't plan on moving an inch from my couch for a few months. (Laughing)

BH: Again, after what you two have been through, how much time do you feel is sufficient enough to fully heal before you get back in the mix of things?

IV: Not sure on the exact time. But I know I will be taking at least six months off.

BH: After the fight Marquez was complaining about the referee along with a few more subjects about the fight, does that take away from your win in knowing that he felt he was wronged in one way or another?

IV: Maybe a little. I understand he was upset and emotional after the fight. But they did the same thing in the rematch as well. They complained about the referee. I don't think they should protest. But, I'm not going to let it get to me. Like, my manager Frank Espinoza said, there were no losers on Saturday. We both made history together.

BH: After the bout you both said you would fight once more, making this a fourth go around. I mean, yes, the fight fans would gain from it, you both would gain a lot financially, but honest there has to be other money fights out there for you. So besides the money why fight again?

IV: I enjoy giving the public the fights that they want. It's really important to me that the fans and the boxing world remember me, even when I retire. I want people to say, he was a great fighter and always gave it his all. So, it's not always about the money for me. But giving the fans what they want.

BH: Robert Guerrero expressed deep interest in fighting you, give the readers your thoughts on that match-up, and what would it take to make the fight?

IV: I know Robert, we used to spar together at Freddie Roach gym. He's a good kid and good champion. He's very tall and a tough guy. I think it would be a good fight. If the fans, wanted to see it, I wouldn't mind. Maybe sometime down the road.

BH: If you can describe the three fights with Marquez in just a few words, how would you describe it?

IV: The greatest trilogy ever.

BH: Anything in closing?

IV: I would like to thank my fans for their support. I dedicated my performance to the fans, who were the real winners on March 1st. I would also like to thank Rafael Marquez for the warrior he is and to Doghouse Boxing for supporting me.

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Henderson ... 030608.htm
Last edited by EspinozaBoxing on Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top Buzz
TTR Contributor

Post by Top Buzz »

6 months sounds good, very much deserved :lol: every interview you see of Israel he comes across more and more as a stand up guy
EspinozaBoxing

Post by EspinozaBoxing »

Top Buzz wrote:6 months sounds good, very much deserved :lol: every interview you see of Israel he comes across more and more as a stand up guy
actually it will be longer than that. :) But ya, he's a nice guy.
Top Buzz
TTR Contributor

Post by Top Buzz »

even better :lol: dont think anyone would begrudge Israel having some time off after 3 brutal wars
the13r
TTR

Re: Rafael Marquez VS Israel Vazquez III

Post by the13r »

OTD 2008
Based

Post by Based »

I miss the old showtime boxing, pre-pbc. These were the fights we used to get all the time.
Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

Wow some of the old school posters that were on here lol
"Injustice, evil can’t be allowed to happen. If it happens close to you you must intervene. Sometimes you can only overcome evil with force. I always try to talk it over"

Fedor

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”