Khan Moving In On World Title Chance

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
alizarin

Khan Moving In On World Title Chance

Post by alizarin »

FightFanAL
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion

Post by FightFanAL »

Doesnt really look like it means much for Khan at the moment.Diaz/Campbell and Katisis/Casamayor will have to get settled.Plus i think Anthony Peterson is the WBO's number 1 ranked guy.I doubt Khan gets a shot at the WBO in 2008.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

FightFanAL wrote:Doesnt really look like it means much for Khan at the moment.Diaz/Campbell and Katisis/Casamayor will have to get settled.Plus i think Anthony Peterson is the WBO's number 1 ranked guy.I doubt Khan gets a shot at the WBO in 2008.
Khans next fight is an eliminator for the WBO belt, so they should be in a good position to get a title shot in 2008 and become mandatory for that belt. Plus both Diaz and Katsidis will be fighting in March so that whole little thing between them and the WBO belt should be sorted out soon.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
FightFanAL

Post by FightFanAL »

Mayz wrote:
FightFanAL wrote:Doesnt really look like it means much for Khan at the moment.Diaz/Campbell and Katisis/Casamayor will have to get settled.Plus i think Anthony Peterson is the WBO's number 1 ranked guy.I doubt Khan gets a shot at the WBO in 2008.
Khans next fight is an eliminator for the WBO belt, so they should be in a good position to get a title shot in 2008 and become mandatory for that belt. Plus both Diaz and Katsidis will be fighting in March so that whole little thing between them and the WBO belt should be sorted out soon.
he may become the mandatory after this fight but what do they do with Peterson?Should Diaz and Katisis both prevail like i think they will it will depend on what kind of time table they are put on,it could be anywhere from 4-6 months before they fight.I think the more realistic approach is 1st quarter of 2009.Plus you gotta think Katisis is the mandatory now and the WBO doesnt enforce them has much as the the other 3 belts.What if there is an oppourtunity for Diaz/Katisis to take on David Diaz for the WBC belt as well?i dont know,this shit is making my head hurt
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

FightFanAL wrote:
Mayz wrote:
he may become the mandatory after this fight but what do they do with Peterson?Should Diaz and Katisis both prevail like i think they will it will depend on what kind of time table they are put on,it could be anywhere from 4-6 months before they fight.I think the more realistic approach is 1st quarter of 2009.Plus you gotta think Katisis is the mandatory now and the WBO doesnt enforce them has much as the the other 3 belts.What if there is an oppourtunity for Diaz/Katisis to take on David Diaz for the WBC belt as well?i dont know,this shit is making my head hurt
Peterson isn't part the equation anymore after this fight is he? He'll be moved down the rankings and will have to wait until after Khan.

To be honest I think Warren is going for the WBO belt because he knows Diaz will get stripped and Katsidis will be champ. I really can't imagine Warren sticking Khan in with Juan.

The only obstacles I can see stopping the fight happening in 2008 would be if Khan has a terrible fight so they don't want to risk a big name, or if Katsidis and Diaz fight each other which would be pretty unlikely if Diaz is stripped of the title as expected.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
scappoosejohn

Post by scappoosejohn »

Mayz already started a post on Khan and moving towards a world title fight. Here is the link.

http://www.the13thround.com/phpBB2/view ... hp?t=26682
"A champion, a true champion is to take on all capable challengers. A true champion defends his title, and looks for matches that pose a threat in order to prove to the world he deserves to be called the best of the best."

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”