Paul Buentello Issues Open Challenge To Kimbo

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Barry_BondsMVP

Paul Buentello Issues Open Challenge To Kimbo

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

On Monday night, Paul “The Headhunter” Buentello made a special appearance on MMAWeekly Radio to issue a challenge to rising EliteXC star Kimbo Slice for a fight that already has mixed martial arts fans chattering about on the Internet.

“People want to see it. I think everybody wants to see it. Me and Kimbo should lace up the gloves,” said Buentello. “Everybody wants to see it and I think it’s time. He’s fighting all the guys I’ve already knocked out and I’ve already exposed. He needs to get off that buffet line I put out there and come over to my Paul Buentello taco shop and see if we can get to work.”

There were rumors of a fight between the two heavyweights after Buentello commented on a Kimbo street fight just a year ago and fans began to clamor and wonder if they would ever meet.

“Everybody asks me ‘when are you going to fight Kimbo? You should fight that Kimbo guy,’” said the American Kickboxing Academy fighter. “Just give him much respect, he’s been training and accomplished a lot in a year or so. He’s really putting his hands together, he’s really putting his game plan together.”

Buentello says he respects Kimbo’s growing MMA game and guarantees a slugfest would ensue.

“I give him much respect. He stepped up. He went from street fighting to MMA and everybody thought he couldn’t produce, but he’s doing it,” stated Buentello.

“If I was a fan, I would definitely, I would want to see this fight. I would pay money to watch Paul Buentello fight Kimbo in a heartbeat.”

He confirmed on the show that he would be competing on the upcoming March 29 Strikeforce card, although no opponent has been named yet.

After that fight, Buentello believes he should be the next match-up for the YouTube sensation known as Kimbo Slice.

“I’m just throwing the offer out there,” he said. “I know he’d take the offer in a heartbeat, but he does have management.”

For now Buentello will head back into training and prepare for his nest fight on March 29.
"Injustice, evil can’t be allowed to happen. If it happens close to you you must intervene. Sometimes you can only overcome evil with force. I always try to talk it over"

Fedor

Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

add Jake Shields to the list, he said he would crush Kimbo!
"Injustice, evil can’t be allowed to happen. If it happens close to you you must intervene. Sometimes you can only overcome evil with force. I always try to talk it over"

Fedor

yodaddy

Post by yodaddy »

This would make a good match up and I could see Kimbo possibly winning but I kinda of doubt it. Kimbo is not quite ready yet. He still only has like 2 minutes in the octagon.

I would like to see Kimbo fight 3 more times this year against scrubs like

Cabbage
Gannon
Shamrock (hes 44)
Thompson
Whitehead

Then maybe maybe take the step up guys like Buenetello or Ricco Rodriguez.
Pacquiao beat both Hatton and Oscar in less than 10 rounds when it took PBF over 20 ;)
The best fight the best. Mayweather has not yet fought the best in his own division. Period.

babak

Post by babak »

looks like he is gonna fight shammy next ..if sham wins his fight in cage rage
If we fight for money, I’ll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honor, I’ll stop hitting you when I feel like it.” - rickson gracie
boxingfan1984

Post by boxingfan1984 »

stenchasaurous wrote:That would be a pretty big step up. He should do it if he's the real deal. It could answer a lot of questions.
Yep, im interested.
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Post by Primetyme199 »

I can't believe people want to see Kimbo vs Gannon. Gannon hasn't fought in 3 years and who the hell knows if he even trains anymore. He only had 2 fights as it was.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”