Machida-Ortiz still on

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Barry_BondsMVP

Machida-Ortiz still on

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

Contrary to Babalu’s comments, Ortiz vs Machida is ON!

In a follow up to an earlier report which stated that Babalu said he “…heard that Tito [Ortiz] is not going to fight him anymore, so they are going to have to find another opponent for [Lyoto] Machida.”, Chris Fries and The JDH of Tagg Radio’s The Lights Out Show personally talked to Ed Soares , Machida ’s manager, to verify the story. He said that he spoke to Joe Silva (UFC matchmaker), and Joe said that there is a signed contract “in-hand” and the fight was a GO. Soares confirms that as well.
"Injustice, evil can’t be allowed to happen. If it happens close to you you must intervene. Sometimes you can only overcome evil with force. I always try to talk it over"

Fedor

yodaddy

Post by yodaddy »

As long as Machida has good enough take down defense I think he will win. Thing is I havent seen him against a good wrestler yet so I dont know.

Barry,
Who do you think takes it?
Pacquiao beat both Hatton and Oscar in less than 10 rounds when it took PBF over 20 ;)
The best fight the best. Mayweather has not yet fought the best in his own division. Period.

Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

I think the Dragon takes Ortiz!
"Injustice, evil can’t be allowed to happen. If it happens close to you you must intervene. Sometimes you can only overcome evil with force. I always try to talk it over"

Fedor

Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Post by Primetyme199 »

yodaddy wrote:As long as Machida has good enough take down defense I think he will win. Thing is I havent seen him against a good wrestler yet so I dont know.

Barry,
Who do you think takes it?

Machida won't mind the fight going to the ground.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”