rank the best of this era

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
elterrible33

rank the best of this era

Post by elterrible33 »

every era usually has the one legend but the 90s-00s there have been many solid fighters and i have trouble ranking them. rank these fighters.

hop, floyd, roy, mab,em, tito,joe, oscar, shane,lennox, pac. very tough all greats imo but heres mine

floyd
roy
hop
em
mab
lennox
tito
oscar
pac
shane
joe
Last edited by elterrible33 on Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kinggrissly

Post by kinggrissly »

Does Floyd count?
elterrible33

Post by elterrible33 »

kinggrissly wrote:Does Floyd count?
excuse my typing era king you see where i edited him in.
ceelowsback

Post by ceelowsback »

roy
lennox
MM
shane
hop
pac
mab
em
oscar
joe
tito
Last edited by ceelowsback on Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TEAM PLATANO POWER - CARIBBEAN CONNECTION
mekane
Donator & Superfights Challenge #2, 4 & 7 Champion

Post by mekane »

Not in terms of resume but just how good I think they are... A little hard to rate Pacquiao, Calzaghe because they can still elevate their status. Feels like I'm forgetting a few... I wasn't sure if you were but I noticed you didnt list James Toney! I think Toney is one of those guys who doesn't get enough credit for his wins at higher weights, hes got the frame of a middle/super middle.

1. Floyd
2. Hopkins
3. Roy Jones
4. ODLH
5. Toney
6. Pacquiao
7. Calzaghe
8. Barrera
9. Winky
10. Morales
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

What is an era? 10 years? 20?

Roy Jones w/o a doubt.

Bernard and Joe share second spot. You cant shit on either w/o shitting on the other.

Mike Tyson ( He brought boxing back from the guiles of extinction) Never since Ali has one man had this effect.

Winky Wright

Mab

Erik

Tito

Floyd

Shane. The Ezzard Charles of this era along with Winky.

Oscar. Lost twice to the man above but has helped boxing today notwithstanding.
Big_Billa

Post by Big_Billa »

you could throw Lennox in there. He was the dominate fighter at the end of a very good era in heavyweight boxing (the mid 90's)
"Nice guys finish last. awesome guys finish on her face" - Charlie Sheen
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

Big_Billa wrote:you could throw Lennox in there. He was the dominate fighter at the end of a very good era in heavyweight boxing (the mid 90's)
Great pick. He may even beat anyone in history.
mekane

Post by mekane »

just curious if you guys are ordering your lists or not. I don't know how but I feel like I should have included Lennox somewhere in the bottom 10.
Big_Billa

Post by Big_Billa »

1. Floyd
2. Jones
3. Lennox
4. Bernard
5. Mab
6. Erik Morales
7. Toney
8. Oscar
9. Shayne
10. Tito

Pac and Calzaghe will easily make the list but there still ways away from fighting. HOLY SHIT we all forgot Finito Lopez, the guy dominated his weight class better then anyone else on that list above
"Nice guys finish last. awesome guys finish on her face" - Charlie Sheen
elterrible33

Post by elterrible33 »

Big_Billa wrote:1. Floyd
2. Jones
3. Lennox
4. Bernard
5. Mab
6. Erik Morales
7. Toney
8. Oscar
9. Shayne
10. Tito

Pac and Calzaghe will easily make the list but there still ways away from fighting. HOLY SHIT we all forgot Finito Lopez, the guy dominated his weight class better then anyone else on that list above

i pretty much agree with your list give or take a few names. ricardo lopez i would not have up there he didnt have enough big names on his resume regardless if there was a lack of competition at his weight.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

ceelowsback wrote:roy
lennox
MM
shane
hop
pac
mab
em
oscar
joe
tito
ceelows pick are pretty good

does wonjongkam gets in there somewhere?

id also throw toney in there
boxingfan1984

Post by boxingfan1984 »

Iron Mike was too dominate to not include him.
ceelowsback

Post by ceelowsback »

what the hells going on here? everytime i come back more names are added? is it best of all...or best of whos listed? confusion has set in... :lol:
TEAM PLATANO POWER - CARIBBEAN CONNECTION
Vastud75

Re: rank the best of this era

Post by Vastud75 »

elterrible33 wrote:every era usually has the one legend but the 90s-00s there have been many solid fighters and i have trouble ranking them. rank these fighters.

hop, floyd, roy, mab,em, tito,joe, oscar, shane,lennox, pac. very tough all greats imo but heres mine

floyd
roy
hop
em
mab
lennox
tito
oscar
pac
shane
joe

Out of those I rank them as such.
Lennox
Floyd
Roy
Hopkins
Tito
Oscar
Pac
barerra
Morales
Joe Cal
Shane

" They say you dont know what u doing till u stop doin it,
Well call me clueless, cuz I do this "
elterrible33

Post by elterrible33 »

intestingly enough when espn recently had their top 50 fighters of all-time list they left out tito and lennox which imo is a crime.winky, pac and joe c were not on the list either and im not sure about shane. tyson just cracked the list at 50 and morales was 49. i believe oscar, hop, mab and floyd were all between 40-47 but that was before floyds destruction of hatton. roy was in the 30's i believe. overall i thought that the list sucked.
KSTAT124
TTR Rankings & Results Editor
TTR Rankings & Results Editor

Re: rank the best of this era

Post by KSTAT124 »

elterrible33 wrote:every era usually has the one legend but the 90s-00s there have been many solid fighters and i have trouble ranking them. rank these fighters.

floyd
roy
hop
em
mab
lennox
tito
oscar
pac
shane
joe
If you're asking about the 18 year period of 1990 to the present, there are numerous other fighters who should be included. Just looking at the 3 lightest classes, there's Hall of Famers Humberto "Chiquta" Gonzalez, Michael Carbajal, and Ricardo "Finito" Lopez, current stars Ivan Calderon and Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, and the forgotten '90s champion Yuri Arbachakov. Honorable mention from 105 to 12 for the period would include Saman Sorjaturong, Jorge Arce (as a junior flyweight and a flyweght), Ratanapol Sor Vorapin (for his work in the '90s as a mini-flyweight, not his current activities), and Myung-Woo Yuh (most of his accomplishments occurred in the '80s where he should be included amongst the best of the decade but he gets honorable mention for his work in the '90s).
boxingfan1984

Post by boxingfan1984 »

elterrible33 wrote:intestingly enough when espn recently had their top 50 fighters of all-time list they left out tito and lennox which imo is a crime.winky, pac and joe c were not on the list either and im not sure about shane. tyson just cracked the list at 50 and morales was 49. i believe oscar, hop, mab and floyd were all between 40-47 but that was before floyds destruction of hatton. roy was in the 30's i believe. overall i thought that the list sucked.
That list was fucking terrible.
pimparoni32

Post by pimparoni32 »

Tier 1 They has the longest careers amongst the elite in their divions
1. Jones
2. Floyd
3. Lennox
4. Oscar
5. Marco

Tier 2
6. Erik Morales
7. Bernard Hopkins
8. Shane Mosely
9. James Toney
10. Felix Trinidad
USMILMAN
TTR SuperFights Challenge #5 Champion
TTR SuperFights Challenge #5 Champion

Post by USMILMAN »

Last 18 years........No Sweet Pea?????

Mayweather ( truely believe he is the most gifted boxer in the last 20 years or so, and if he wasn't such an ass outside the ring, he would get so much more love, and credit. Too bad.......)
Jones
Calzaghe
Sweet Pea
Holyfield
Toney
Morales
Pac
Gonzalez/Carbajal
Hopkins
Tito

There are so many dudes out there that could and probably should make my list, just too many to add. Winky, Mosley, Oscar, Barrera.

BTW, I don't see how you can put Barrera ahead of Pac when Pac destroyed him in his Prime.....
elterrible33

Post by elterrible33 »

boxingfan1984 wrote:
elterrible33 wrote:intestingly enough when espn recently had their top 50 fighters of all-time list they left out tito and lennox which imo is a crime.winky, pac and joe c were not on the list either and im not sure about shane. tyson just cracked the list at 50 and morales was 49. i believe oscar, hop, mab and floyd were all between 40-47 but that was before floyds destruction of hatton. roy was in the 30's i believe. overall i thought that the list sucked.
That list was fucking terrible.
i agree. as far as pimps list oscar imo should not be in the first tier. mab in first tier and em in second. i wwill always have them linked although i think erik had the better resume.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”