Your thoughts on Ronald Hearns?

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Astor
TTR

Your thoughts on Ronald Hearns?

Post by Astor »

lenghty, good power, ronald looked pretty good!
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

I missed the fight the other day, I was asleep, if theres an upload of it could someone let me know please?

I like Hearns, I know a lot of people don't rate him, but I think he's got a ton of talent.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
Astor
TTR

Post by Astor »

Mayz wrote:I missed the fight the other day, I was asleep, if theres an úplδâd of it could someone let me know please?

I like Hearns, I know a lot of people don't rate him, but I think he's got a ton of talent.
i will upload tonight, i had uploaded but erased cause i thought ceelow had it all uploaded in higher rate, but hsi upoad begins at mijares, so ill upload.

you can download the non-televised portion of teh show i uploaded

with 2 nice KOs and the viloria fight!
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Sweet, cheers!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
scappoosejohn

Post by scappoosejohn »

Hearns looked good but he sure ain't in the same league as his father was.
"A champion, a true champion is to take on all capable challengers. A true champion defends his title, and looks for matches that pose a threat in order to prove to the world he deserves to be called the best of the best."
Astor
TTR

Post by Astor »

scappoosejohn wrote:Hearns looked good but he sure ain't in the same league as his father was.
definately!!

but he looked better than the first few times i had saw him.
Erison

Post by Erison »

I like him. First saw him on ShoBox a year or so ago. He needs to move faster at age 29. Loads of talent, and good size.
Done posting. RIP TTR.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

He's okay but really at 29 how much better can he get? Merchant wants to see him fight Chavez jr and I wouldn't mind seeing it too.
boxingfan1984

Post by boxingfan1984 »

I think he looked pretty good.
boxingfan1984

Post by boxingfan1984 »

Tommy wrote:He's okay but really at 29 how much better can he get? Merchant wants to see him fight Chavez jr and I wouldn't mind seeing it too.
Id definately like to see it.
gotiye

Post by gotiye »

ronald hearns=work in progress..................
he hasn't stepped up to fight anyone who threatens him physically but he's being moved well and getting better. he didn't have much of an amateur career so he's being moved carefully. I can't rate high yet since he hasn't stepped up but he physically has similarities to his father's strengths...................
scappoosejohn

Post by scappoosejohn »

boxingfan1984 wrote:
Tommy wrote:He's okay but really at 29 how much better can he get? Merchant wants to see him fight Chavez jr and I wouldn't mind seeing it too.
Id definately like to see it.
I think Chavez Jr would take him.
"A champion, a true champion is to take on all capable challengers. A true champion defends his title, and looks for matches that pose a threat in order to prove to the world he deserves to be called the best of the best."
scappoosejohn

Post by scappoosejohn »

gotiye wrote:ronald hearns=work in progress..................
he hasn't stepped up to fight anyone who threatens him physically but he's being moved well and getting better. he didn't have much of an amateur career so he's being moved carefully. I can't rate high yet since he hasn't stepped up but he physically has similarities to his father's strengths...................
Your point is well taken but at 29 he really doesn't have much time to just be moved well or carefully, even if he is getting better. He is fighting eight rounders now so when will he move up to a ten round fight, let alone a twelve round eliminator or title shot? My take is that even though he is getting better, time will run out on the guy. Also, most of his competition has been against fighters with a record that isn't all that good. I'd think that, overall, his opponents have a winning record of around 50% and that shows me that he has never been challenged much.

Anyway, I wish him well even though I don't expect it will work to his advantage.
gotiye

Post by gotiye »

scappoosejohn wrote:
Your point is well taken but at 29 he really doesn't have much time to just be moved well or carefully, even if he is getting better. He is fighting eight rounders now so when will he move up to a ten round fight, let alone a twelve round eliminator or title shot? My take is that even though he is getting better, time will run out on the guy. Also, most of his competition has been against fighters with a record that isn't all that good. I'd think that, overall, his opponents have a winning record of around 50% and that shows me that he has never been challenged much.

Anyway, I wish him well even though I don't expect it will work to his advantage.

he's not an old 29 in the sense that's taken a great deal of abuse. at best with he can last until his mid 30s before he starts to seriously decline. fighters who take care of themselves are becoming far more durable than fighters of past generations on some level. I don't know if ronald is one of those exceptions but you can't rule out the possibility......................
there's no need to rush him to a top spot but he should get stepped more than he has been....................
scappoosejohn

Post by scappoosejohn »

gotiye wrote:
scappoosejohn wrote:

he's not an old 29 in the sense that's taken a great deal of abuse. at best with he can last until his mid 30s before he starts to seriously decline. fighters who take care of themselves are becoming far more durable than fighters of past generations on some level. I don't know if ronald is one of those exceptions but you can't rule out the possibility......................
there's no need to rush him to a top spot but he should get stepped more than he has been....................
Agreed. And maybe the reason he hasn't taken much abuse is because he hasn't stepped up yet. Something to think about anyway.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

the guy he was fighting didn't even try. Its easy to look good when nothing is coming back. We need to see him against JCC Jr to get a gauge as to where those guys are at

By the way, Julio Jr. would beat Hearns from what I saw on Saturday
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote:the guy he was fighting didn't even try. Its easy to look good when nothing is coming back. We need to see him against JCC Jr to get a gauge as to where those guys are at

By the way, Julio Jr. would beat Hearns from what I saw on Saturday

Imo Julio Jr would not beat Hearns based on what I saw two Saturdays ago.
ronco53

Post by ronco53 »

Yeah, it sucks that that was my friend that got completely attacked by the hbo crew. He was definitely out of his league. Hearns should have finished him in the 2nd. Juan did train hard, but he was not ready for this level. It was awesome to see how quick he moved up to be on a ppv undercard(of course as a showcase opponent).
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote:the guy he was fighting didn't even try. Its easy to look good when nothing is coming back.
yeah ask valuev about it! :lol:
mekane
Donator & Superfights Challenge #2, 4 & 7 Champion
Donator & Superfights Challenge #2, 4 & 7 Champion

Post by mekane »

I thought Hearns looked almost bad in that fight. His work rate was too low and he had to get too close to land his punches. I don't think he'll make it far at all.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”