Floyd Mayweather Jr. To Wrestle At WrestleMania

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Barry_BondsMVP

Floyd Mayweather Jr. To Wrestle At WrestleMania

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

As you may have assumed, boxing champion Floyd Mayweather's appearance at last night's No Way Out PPV was not an isolated incident. Mayweather is scheduled to be the big celebrity at this year's WrestleMania -- and he'll do more than be a referee or special enforcer.

Mayweather is scheduled to wrestle on the show, most likely in a tag team match. He is expected to team with Rey Mysterio (assuming Rey is healthy enough to wrestle) in a match against Big Show and a tag partner. The status of Mysterio's injury will determine who will wrestle in the Mayweather match.

According to reports, Vince McMahon and the creative team are said to be considering a number of different match possibilities. A source noted that plans are "constantly changing". MVP's name has been mentioned as a possible candidate to team with Big Show. One would also have to assume that Shane McMahon is a strong candidate since he was there at ringside last night to calm down the Big Show after his nose got broken from a Mayweather punch.
"Injustice, evil can’t be allowed to happen. If it happens close to you you must intervene. Sometimes you can only overcome evil with force. I always try to talk it over"

Fedor

IamZOD80

Post by IamZOD80 »

just saw the clip on tmz. floyd busted up the show really bad. if i were floyd, i would have to rethink doing a wrestling match with that guy. you busts someone's nose, even by accident, that person is going to remember.
Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

I'm 50/50 on the incident, WWE likes to make their angles look real as possible, especially with celeberties. Big Show just got a new contract that I'm sure will make him 7 figures, and he was training to be a pro boxer, he also loves the sport. He probably agreed to make the punches look stiff.
"Injustice, evil can’t be allowed to happen. If it happens close to you you must intervene. Sometimes you can only overcome evil with force. I always try to talk it over"

Fedor

Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

According to an article in The National Ledger, WWE's original WrestleMania plans called for Floyd Mayweather to play heel and team up with MVP to take on Rey Mysterio and a partner. It now looks like the match will be Rey & Mayweather vs. Big Show & Shane McMahon. Speaking of Shane McMahon, according to the article, Mayweather's deal was arranged by him after several months of negotiating.

Fedor

marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

can anyone post the clip of mayweather and the big show
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Y3RtEDrlZA&re ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Y3RtEDrlZA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Fedor

Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

A big rumor making the rounds within the WWE locker room is that the company is has contacted Oscar de La Hoya about getting involved with Floyd Mayweather's match as a Wrestlemania as tag partner for Big Show.

One thing that makes this rumor questionable is that de La Hoya has a boxing fight coming up in May. He may not want to risk getting injured before the fight, but he will certainly be in top physical shape in the coming months.

Adding fuel to this rumor is the fact that Oscar de La Hoya is a huge wrestling fan. He actually owns "The Ring" and "Pro Wrestling Illustrated" magazines - so he'll benefit from Mayweather's involvement at WrestleMania whether he appears or not.

There are meetings going on right now at RAW in a small room with Vince and the creative team. They are deciding where to take the angle on RAW tonight. The Big Show is at the arena in Anaheim.

Fedor

Bertel1

Post by Bertel1 »

Sounds like the Pretty One is making a name for himself outside of Boxing. Thats the way I see it. He wont be able to shoulder roll those elbow drops however.
"My belt says the heavyweight champ of the world!"(Wilder)
"So does his, and he has a couple of them" (Jim Gray, *in reference to Anthony Joshua)
b0x1ng
TTR Contributor

Post by b0x1ng »

I met the Big Show at the Hard Rock during the Miranda-Porras card. One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Takes a different kind of person to be able to transform and do the acting that they do.

WAR Floyd getting busted up by accident :)
Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

Tonight on RAW:

Floyd Mayweather will appear LIVE on RAW tonight as will The Big Show.

Fedor

westtm
TTR Contributor

Post by westtm »

b0x1ng wrote:I met the Big Show at the Hard Rock during the Miranda-Porras card. One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Takes a different kind of person to be able to transform and do the acting that they do.

WAR Floyd getting busted up by accident :)
"If you love me, root for me. If you don't love me, you will soon be a fan."- Floyd Mayweather Jr.
b0x1ng
TTR Contributor

Post by b0x1ng »

We've seen him run in the ring a couple of times but never out of the ring :)

I think this is great publicity for him. He's working it.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F3WBAFUlf5o&re ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F3WBAFUlf5o&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

Negotiations to bring in Mayweather lasted almost a year. Shane McMahon put the final deal together and pitched the idea to his good friend Paul White aka Big Show. White was training to be a boxer but realized that it just would not work out. When the idea was pitched to Show he jumped on it and signed a new deal with WWE ASAP. No word yet on where the angle will go but WWE is mulling over all their options today at RAW. As of 5EST today backstage at RAW, the plan for to go with Rey Mysterio & Floyd Mayweather vs. Big Show & Shane McMahon. Now you know why Rey Mysterio was so badly wanting to work Wrestlemania despite being injured.

Fedor

tainos
TTR Super Challenge 7 & Regular Challenge 20 & 22 Champion
TTR Super Challenge 7 & Regular Challenge 20 & 22 Champion

Post by tainos »

Truly pathetic!
Yo naci en Puerto Rico. Pero me cree en Nueva York. Pero nunca me olvidare, de mi tierra Borinquena.
Team Platano Power - Carribean Connection
yodaddy

Post by yodaddy »

Where is the blood? Actually Floyd did not looks as short as I thought he was or either Big Show is not as tall.
Pacquiao beat both Hatton and Oscar in less than 10 rounds when it took PBF over 20 ;)
The best fight the best. Mayweather has not yet fought the best in his own division. Period.

Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

watch the video I left, It's 8 mins, shows the whole segment!

Fedor

loseronriver

Post by loseronriver »

Did you see the way the big show was just bowling the security guards over when he went after Floyd? those fools were flying..

"I knew he didn't want the fight," Dawson said. "He keeps talking about Philly and being a gangster. He's no gangster. Gangsters don't quit. He's weak. He's a weak physically- and mentally-minded person. He has no power."
Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

he almost stamped over one of Floyd's boys lol!

Fedor

Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

To follow up on the story I covered yesterday, World Wrestling Entertainment officials did in fact reach out to boxing legend Oscar de La Hoya about taking part in the Floyd Mayweather angle at WrestleMania. Unfortunately, De La Hoya has rejected the offer.

De La Hoya and Mayweather will be fighting again in September. Their first encounter last May drew approximately 2.5 million Pay-Per-View buys, making it the top selling PPV in history.

Mayweather was booed at RAW last night in Anaheim, California, perhaps because he was in the heart of De La Hoya country. Much like he did in his recent fights with Oscar De La Hoya and Ricky Hatton, Mayweather is expected to play a heel role heading into WrestleMania.

Fedor

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”