Froch/Inkin will be shown on Showtime!

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Froch/Inkin will be shown on Showtime!

Post by Mayz »

Unbeaten Nottingham super-middleweight Carl Froch has landed a deal with US pay-per-view channel Showtime which he hopes will finally help him land the marquee fights he craves.

Froch's WBC title eliminator against Denis Inkin in his home city on March 29 will be broadcast live on ITV1 in Britain, as well as prime-time on a tape delay basis across America.

It is a major coup for Froch, who will become the mandatory contender for Joe Calzaghe's title if he can overcome the big-punching Inkin - although Calzaghe is moving up to light-heavyweight to face Bernard Hopkins in April.

Froch said: "I'd prefer to fight Joe but if he's not up for it and steps down then I should be made champion. Then with this kind of exposure I will be able to go after the really big fights.

"I won't duck anyone and I'd love to fight Kelly Pavlik, who beat Jermain Taylor again last night. There is nobody else around who can give Pavlik as tough a fight as I can.

"I've been trying to get this exposure for so long and I'm absolutely delighted that I'm being showcased on both sides of the Atlantic. To get this kind of exposure worldwide is unbeatable."

Calzaghe is unlikely to voluntarily vacate his WBC title prior to Froch's match against Inkin, with the likelihood that Froch will be declared champion retrospectively should he beat Inkin and the Welshman commit to 175lbs.

Alternatively Froch could consider the appetising prospect of a future fight against one of former Calzaghe victims Mikkel Kessler or Jeff Lacy.

Froch's promoter Mick Hennessy said: "This is a major statement from broadcasters on both sides of the Atlantic which confirm that Carl Froch is one of the marquee fighters of world boxing today."
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Thats great exposure for Froch, he really needs to do something about his 'name' and he seems to be doing it over here and in the US now as well.

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
Pride Of Wales
TTR Contributor & Writer

Post by Pride Of Wales »

Is it Shobox or Showrtime thats airing it? I am quite surprised if its Showtime, but it will give him much needed exposure for sure..
"Иф ёу цан реад тхис ёуьлл кноw тхат ит исньт wортх реадинг"

jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

This is great news. Froch looked good knocking out Reid. Is this Inkin guy legit? Anybody know anything about his style?
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

i saw that during the eliteXc broadcast, they said tehyll show inkin vs froch and teh otehr undercard bout (4 undefeated fighters) will be shown right after the MMa card.
gotiye

Post by gotiye »

I caught that announcement on elite xc. I'm glad showtime is getting these guys some exposure................
168 has so much depth and talent that is overlooked in the US..................
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote:This is great news. Froch looked good knocking out Reid. Is this Inkin guy legit? Anybody know anything about his style?
I've only seen clips from the Viet fight and he seems to be a boxer/puncher and I hear he's definitely legit. This fight has been talked about for a while and I know theres a lot of people who rate Inkin very highly. I can't really be sure how good he really is though since I've barely seen him fight.

He did beat Froch in the amateurs, so he must be pretty decent (although Froch did almost knock him out in the last round).

Top Buzz
TTR Contributor

Post by Top Buzz »

about time Froch got some exposure, sitting around praying for Calzaghe was never gonna get him anywhere

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”