Calzaghe - Reid

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Mayz wrote:
Tommy wrote:
Mayz wrote: Once again Tommy, thats pretty silly comment after your 'ref attack' on me and all this banning nonsense.
You of all people telling folk here to not make excuses is flaming at it's best. Nearly every debate you're involved in ends up in the pit what does that tell you?
I'm just sad good posters like Jillgas and Roadblock are gone while the village idiots you and Crimson run rampant here.
Yeah Tommy, according to my search, you're actually in more thread in The Pit than me! Odd that hey!
That might be because of the level of retardation of threads you participated in was just too much and they were simply deleted...
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further."

Richard Dawkins
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Ben wrote:
Mayz wrote:
Tommy wrote: You of all people telling folk here to not make excuses is flaming at it's best. Nearly every debate you're involved in ends up in the pit what does that tell you?
I'm just sad good posters like Jillgas and Roadblock are gone while the village idiots you and Crimson run rampant here.
Yeah Tommy, according to my search, you're actually in more thread in The Pit than me! Odd that hey!
That might be because of the level of retardation of threads you participated in was just too much and they were simply deleted...
My, my someone is desperate to flame!

Behave Ben, it'll be ok. :D
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

might be simpler to just let go guys :lol:

ok, back to playing LEGOs guys!
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Mayz wrote:
Yeah Tommy, according to my search, you're actually in more thread in The Pit than me! Odd that hey! Don't worry, the mind can make up things when its upset like Mayz's threads always go to The Pit and Roadblock was a good poster. Delusion gets the best of us. :wink:
I start off topic threads in the pit where they belong. :wink:
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Ben wrote:there's never any rational reasoning for what he says unless something has been analyzed by Lurky previously.
That about sums it up, he was way out of his depth while debating my good friend Roadblock that he resorted to name calling and then got RB banned for giving some back. Well this place is poorer for it as he knows a lot more about Aussie boxing than I do.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Tommy wrote:
Ben wrote:there's never any rational reasoning for what he says unless something has been analyzed by Lurky previously.
That about sums it up, he was way out of his depth while debating my good friend Roadblock that he resorted to name calling and then got RB banned for giving some back. Well this place is poorer for it as he knows a lot more about Aussie boxing than I do.
Roadblock was the biggest troll on the board and was pretty damn thick, don't sell yourself short Tommy, you're much better than that! Btw I have about as much power to ban someone on this board as you have (none!), I don't know what can give you that impression, I haven't debated with Roadblock in months and I wouldn't since he talks a load of shit! I just couldn't be arsed with the guy. If I could ban him I would have the day he joined!

I see now why you are trying to aimlessly attack me now though, you blame me for his departure, I promise you it had nothing to do me mate, so take your lies and put them away. :wink:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
boxingfan1984

Post by boxingfan1984 »

Mayz wrote:
kinggrissly wrote:
Mayz wrote:You don't see how Calzaghe was fighting stupid against Bika? He didn't want that fight and clearly didn't know much about Bika.
Then why did he give up a belt to fight him in an optional defense in his HBO debut? I thought he looked fine, by the way, but I don't see why he fought him.
Obviously Bika was chosen because Joe can box circles around him, but Joe decided to impress the US TV cameras instead of boxing clever. It's a major complement to Joe that you think he was fine when he fought a terrible fight btw.

Your avatar and sig are rediculous. I hate them.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

boxingfan1984 wrote:
Mayz wrote:
kinggrissly wrote: Then why did he give up a belt to fight him in an optional defense in his HBO debut? I thought he looked fine, by the way, but I don't see why he fought him.
Obviously Bika was chosen because Joe can box circles around him, but Joe decided to impress the US TV cameras instead of boxing clever. It's a major complement to Joe that you think he was fine when he fought a terrible fight btw.

Oh well. :lol:

boxingfan1984

Post by boxingfan1984 »

Mayz wrote:
boxingfan1984 wrote:
Mayz wrote: Obviously Bika was chosen because Joe can box circles around him, but Joe decided to impress the US TV cameras instead of boxing clever. It's a major complement to Joe that you think he was fine when he fought a terrible fight btw.

Oh well, shit happens.
Its definately your right but I cant figure out how the ref ruined that fight for Hatton. All the myths were wrong. Floyd was stronger and Hatton couldnt bull him. I respect you but whatever...
kinggrissly

Post by kinggrissly »

Mayz wrote:Obviously Bika was chosen because Joe can box circles around him
Props for the first honest thing you've ever written here.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

boxingfan1984 wrote:
Mayz wrote:
kinggrissly wrote: Then why did he give up a belt to fight him in an optional defense in his HBO debut? I thought he looked fine, by the way, but I don't see why he fought him.

Not an attack on bad spellers btw, I make enough mistakes myself, just think that if people are going to use the word 'ridiculous', they spell it the right way, after all spelling it wrong is pretty ridiculous. I didn't mean this as an insult btw! Just advice! Hope that didn't come out wrong!

Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

boxingfan1984 wrote:
Mayz wrote:
boxingfan1984 wrote:
Oh well, shit happens.
Its definately your right but I cant figure out how the ref ruined that fight for Hatton. All the myths were wrong. Floyd was stronger and Hatton couldnt bull him. I respect you but whatever...
The best way to explain it is if I knew Cortez was going to ref like that, I wouldn't have picked Hatton to win. The ref situation was pretty obvious from the start of the fight. We all know that Floyd is a superb boxer and breaking them constantly would hurt Hatton - and it did. I was literally tearing my hair out watching the fight live, it was just an awful display. As for the sigs, they are over the top, but they are suppose to be for a laugh, truth is the ref was poor, my sigs are only a parody of that.

Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

kinggrissly wrote:
Mayz wrote:Obviously Bika was chosen because Joe can box circles around him
Props for the first honest thing you've ever written here.
I'll let you know when you've come up with one! :wink:

Chi_Box
TTR Contributor

Post by Chi_Box »

boxingfan1984 wrote:
Mayz wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i never noticed them.. :roll:
mekane
Donator & Superfights Challenge #2, 4 & 7 Champion
Donator & Superfights Challenge #2, 4 & 7 Champion

Post by mekane »

Okay, I'll just admit I must be grasping at straws with this post if not a single person on this entire board can agree with me - I think thats a pretty good sign.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Chi_Box wrote:
boxingfan1984 wrote:
Mayz wrote: Obviously Bika was chosen because Joe can box circles around him, but Joe decided to impress the US TV cameras instead of boxing clever. It's a major complement to Joe that you think he was fine when he fought a terrible fight btw.

i never noticed them.. :roll:

I know you never notice the ref.. :roll: :wink:

FightFanAL
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion

Post by FightFanAL »

mekane wrote:Okay, I'll just admit I must be grasping at straws with this post if not a single person on this entire board can agree with me - I think thats a pretty good sign.
mekane,

you're not grasping at straws man,you tried to give a honest analysis of what the fight might look like based on previous fights that Calzaghe and Hopkins have been in.unforunately,like every calzaghe and hopkins thread it devolved into insults questioning the other fighters resumes and somehow mayweather and hatton lol.
the13r
TTR

Re: Calzaghe - Reid

Post by the13r »

OTD 1999
FightFanAL

Re: Calzaghe - Reid

Post by FightFanAL »

Man I forgot how childish some of these arguments used to get lol.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”