roy vs jt at 168

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
hughes205

roy vs jt at 168

Post by hughes205 »

think it would be an inseting fight . i think roy would have a good shot in this fight .
rocketcoe

Post by rocketcoe »

I worry about Roy. I really do. Tito, with two years off and 20 pounds off his prime weight, landed very well to the body and got in some good hooks to the head. That said, it looked like Roy was fighting his little brother. If Roy wants to take this into big fights against Calzaghe, Pavlik, Hopkins, and Taylor he's going to get hurt.
fightfanatic1
TTR Donator II

Post by fightfanatic1 »

I was actually hoping that Kelly would remain at 160 for a bit and defend his title some more before making the move to 168, but I totally understand that there isn't much left for him at 160 as far as big fights go.

So if he moves to 168 I would like to see a fight with someone other than Jones Jr. Although, Roy is still pretty fast and might be able to hang with Kelly.
It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

I'm dieing to see Abe vs Pavlik

RJJ would pound Pavlik!
"Injustice, evil can’t be allowed to happen. If it happens close to you you must intervene. Sometimes you can only overcome evil with force. I always try to talk it over"

Fedor

westtm
TTR Contributor

Post by westtm »

rocketcoe wrote:I worry about Roy. I really do. Tito, with two years off and 20 pounds off his prime weight, landed very well to the body and got in some good hooks to the head. That said, it looked like Roy was fighting his little brother. If Roy wants to take this into big fights against Calzaghe, Pavlik, Hopkins, and Taylor he's going to get hurt.
Roy has always been fine taking it to the body which is why he allowed Tito to have at it. In addition, a lot of shots landed on his gloves and he was never in any danger of losing that fight. The reason I would pick Roy over JT is because even at his advanced age, Roy still has handspeed and that gives JT fits.
"If you love me, root for me. If you don't love me, you will soon be a fan."- Floyd Mayweather Jr.
ceelowsback

Post by ceelowsback »

ROy can beat Taylor. JT's pace is perfect for ROy.
TEAM PLATANO POWER - CARIBBEAN CONNECTION
boxingfan1984

Post by boxingfan1984 »

I think JT but you never know. Id like to see it.
gotiye

Post by gotiye »

I love to see it. it'd be a great fight.................
taylor's jab would give roy issues but roy's handspeed in close would give taylor issues..................
roy would be willing to take risks if taylor is timid in any way and can't impose his will physically.....................
if roy used his jab and his legs a little bit he could pull it off....................
kentgrad

Post by kentgrad »

this would be a good fight i totally agree as long as its not on ppv i would never pay to see it. taylor is overrated and i am not a big rjj fan i do think he would have the speed still to beat taylor.
Bertel1

Post by Bertel1 »

I was thinking there was a reason Roy was in the audience. He probably wants the winner. I guess he could make 168 if he can make 170. No way is he making 160 though.
"My belt says the heavyweight champ of the world!"(Wilder)
"So does his, and he has a couple of them" (Jim Gray, *in reference to Anthony Joshua)

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”