What are your thought on Valuev and what he can acomplish?

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
the13r
TTR

What are your thought on Valuev and what he can acomplish?

Post by the13r »

DO you rank valuev in your top5 best heavy?

which champ he has a good chance of beating?

Nicolay Valuev Vs Jameel McCline

Nicolay Valuev Vs Taras Bidenko
Erison

Post by Erison »

I think he'd beat Maskaev and I'd actually pick him over Peter. Perhaps he could use his height better in a rematch with Chagaev, but Ruslan seemed to have him figured out. I think Wlad would stop him, but I'd love to see it!

I like him, and I'd put him maybe at #5 in the top 10.
Done posting. RIP TTR.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Number 3. I think he beats everyone except Wlad and Chageav, although I give him a good chance against both.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
Southpaw_uppercut

Post by Southpaw_uppercut »

Valuev can compete and give any other top heavyweight out there a good fight.

I had him winning the Chagaev fight by a slim margin too, but right now I say if Peter does win against Maskaev which i think he will, thats the perfect match-up for Valuev.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

I think he could beat any of the title holders or contenders except Wlad but tjatys the fight I would like to see
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
novakstep

Post by novakstep »

I think he loses to all the present title holders. Don't rate him at all.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Since i saw his previous fight against Bergeron,
i know Valuev can still be boring and unimpressive, so i wont rate him in my top5, but if he boxes like he did last friday, he can beat a lot of heavyweights right now... But Lyakovic made it easy by not moving and not throwing on the inside.

Bertel1

Post by Bertel1 »

Was the fight w/ Sergie compeitive, or did Valuev blow him out? I figured Sergie would lose based off of that Briggs performance.
"My belt says the heavyweight champ of the world!"(Wilder)
"So does his, and he has a couple of them" (Jim Gray, *in reference to Anthony Joshua)
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Bertel1 wrote:Was the fight w/ Sergie compeitive, or did Valuev blow him out? I figured Sergie would lose based off of that Briggs performance.
he did as much as against briggs, he stood there, ate some punches, didnt use his legs, didnt threw combos, basicaly stood there while valuev was applying pressure witha constant jab.
Bertel1

Post by Bertel1 »

the13r wrote:
Bertel1 wrote:Was the fight w/ Sergie compeitive, or did Valuev blow him out? I figured Sergie would lose based off of that Briggs performance.
he did as much as against briggs, he stood there, ate some punches, didnt use his legs, didnt threw combos, basicaly stood there while valuev was applying pressure witha constant jab.
_________

Man I swear Sergie looked like a completely diff. fighter against Brewster. He was actually on his toes while Boxing, and his conditioning was great. I dunno what happened since then. I actually thought he'd have good potential. Seems like its safe to put Sergie on the "one hit wonder" list.

Thanks for the reply.
Last edited by Bertel1 on Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"So does his, and he has a couple of them" (Jim Gray, *in reference to Anthony Joshua)
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Bertel1 wrote:
the13r wrote:
_________

Man I swear Sergie looked like a completely diff. fighter against Brewster. He was actually on his toes while Boxing, and his considitioning was great. I dunno what happened since then. I actually thought he'd have good potential. Seems like its safe to put Sergie on the "one hit wonder" list.

Thanks for the reply.
i was also thinking he had finally emerge as one of teh top heavy after the brewster fight

HES DONE
gotiye

Post by gotiye »

valuev is much better than most boxing fans give him credit for. for a guy that big he has good foot movement, good stamina, and a good workrate........................
he's capable of beating almost any current heavyweight right now. faster guys may give more issues more than anything else but from the looks of it you have to be complete to beat him....................
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

gotiye wrote:valuev is much better than most boxing fans give him credit for. for a guy that big he has good foot movement, good stamina, and a good workrate........................
he's capable of beating almost any current heavyweight right now. faster guys may give more issues more than anything else but from the looks of it you have to be complete to beat him....................
i dont agree, he looekd great against a guy who didnt move, but against a B fighter who moved a lot (bergeron) , he looke dlike shit...

lyakovic made him look better than he was. he was there to hit all night
boxingfan1984

Post by boxingfan1984 »

He is huge, a decent boxer, and in a weak division, i can see hin realing off a lot of defenses when he gets a title back. I feel he will be a 2-3 time champ and I feel that he will be HoF level.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

gotiye wrote:valuev is much better than most boxing fans give him credit for. for a guy that big he has good foot movement, good stamina, and a good workrate........................
Yeah, Chageav fought a perfect gameplan to beat Valuev and imo Chageav is a pretty complete boxer. I don't see 'any old joe' beating Valuev, he'll give anyone more than enough trouble.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
gotiye

Post by gotiye »

the13r wrote:
i dont agree, he looekd great against a guy who didnt move, but against a B fighter who moved a lot (bergeron) , he looke dlike shit...

lyakovic made him look better than he was. he was there to hit all night
your statement pretty much agrees with mine. you said the same thing I did that movers give him issues................
Bertel1

Post by Bertel1 »

I've only seen Valuev in action twice.(Barrett/Chag.) He's consistent, and he can take a good punch. Doesnt have alot of power though considering his size. For a large man his workrate is above average.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

I think this division is pretty clear as far as ranking:

Wlad
Chagaev
Valuev

After that its kinda who knows. Those three beat the rest, and the rest will constantly be beating each other for a paper belt or two.
kinggrissly

Post by kinggrissly »

I find it hard to be impresssed when he's fighting guys he outweighs by 100 or so pounds.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

kinggrissly wrote:I find it hard to be impresssed when he's fighting guys he outweighs by 100 or so pounds.
time for him to all out Butterbean LOL
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
kinggrissly

Post by kinggrissly »

marciano1952 wrote:
kinggrissly wrote:I find it hard to be impresssed when he's fighting guys he outweighs by 100 or so pounds.
time for him to all out Butterbean LOL
Oh he would school Butterbean. I have no respect for Bean either, but it seems a little more fair because of how his weight is distributed.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”