Shane Mosley: "Judah First, Miguel Cotto Next"

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Barry_BondsMVP

Shane Mosley: "Judah First, Miguel Cotto Next"

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

Former three-division champion Shane Mosley is aiming for revenge against WBA welterweight champion Miguel Cotto, who outpointed him last November in New York's Madison Square Garden. Mosley is tentatively scheduled to fight former undiputed welterweight champ Zab Judah on May 17.

Mosley tells Primera Hora that once Cotto beats Alfonso Gomez on April 12, and he gets past Judah, he wants to get another crack at the unbeaten champion from Puerto Rico. Unfortunately For Mosley, Cotto has already committed to facing the winner of the April 12 undercard bout between Kermit Cintron and Antonio Magararito, in July. Even if the winner of Cintron-Margarito is unable to make the July date, due to injury, Ricardo Mayorga is already lined up as a solid Plan B.

"Once Cotto beats Alfonso Gómez and I beat my next opponent, which is probably Zab Judah, it's important for me to get my revenge with Cotto. I have to finish what we started," Mosley said.

If he doesn't get Cotto, and he probably won't, WBO welterweight champion Carlos Quintana would gladly face Mosley down the line. Quintana told the paper that he has enough time to fully prepare for a fight in May, should Mosley decide to go for another option other than Judah.

"I am willing to fight him. I'm confident that I'll be prepared in time for the fight. A month of rest will be sufficient for me and it gives me enough time to train well," Quintana said.
"Injustice, evil can’t be allowed to happen. If it happens close to you you must intervene. Sometimes you can only overcome evil with force. I always try to talk it over"

Fedor

RimmyJice

Re: Shane Mosley: "Judah First, Miguel Cotto Next"

Post by RimmyJice »

Barry_BondsMVP wrote:Former three-division champion Shane Mosley is aiming for revenge against WBA welterweight champion Miguel Cotto, who outpointed him last November in New York's Madison Square Garden. Mosley is tentatively scheduled to fight former undiputed welterweight champ Zab Judah on May 17.

Mosley tells Primera Hora that once Cotto beats Alfonso Gomez on April 12, and he gets past Judah, he wants to get another crack at the unbeaten champion from Puerto Rico. Unfortunately For Mosley, Cotto has already committed to facing the winner of the April 12 undercard bout between Kermit Cintron and Antonio Magararito, in July. Even if the winner of Cintron-Margarito is unable to make the July date, due to injury, Ricardo Mayorga is already lined up as a solid Plan B.

"Once Cotto beats Alfonso Gómez and I beat my next opponent, which is probably Zab Judah, it's important for me to get my revenge with Cotto. I have to finish what we started," Mosley said.

If he doesn't get Cotto, and he probably won't, WBO welterweight champion Carlos Quintana would gladly face Mosley down the line. Quintana told the paper that he has enough time to fully prepare for a fight in May, should Mosley decide to go for another option other than Judah.

"I am willing to fight him. I'm confident that I'll be prepared in time for then fight. A month of rest will be sufficient for me and it gives me enough time to train well," Quintana said.
after Judah, have Mosely/Quintana on the undercard of the Cotto/Margarito unification...then rematch for 3 of the belts.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Re: Shane Mosley: "Judah First, Miguel Cotto Next"

Post by Mayz »

RimmyJice wrote:after Judah, have Mosely/Quintana on the undercard of the Cotto/Margarito unification...then rematch for 3 of the belts.
That would be perfect.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

Cotto does not do rematches. Mayorga does not deserve yet another title shot. Cotto needs to start aiming at Floyd or at least mentioning his name.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

RASTA666 wrote:Cotto does not do rematches. Mayorga does not deserve yet another title shot. Cotto needs to start aiming at Floyd or at least mentioning his name.
He'll get Floyd when he gets all the belts. End of the day he has to force the fight because Floyd has plans which means he won't be fighting Cotto in 2008.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
RASTA666

Post by RASTA666 »

Mayz wrote:
RASTA666 wrote:Cotto does not do rematches. Mayorga does not deserve yet another title shot. Cotto needs to start aiming at Floyd or at least mentioning his name.
He'll get Floyd when he gets all the belts. End of the day he has to force the fight because Floyd has plans which means he won't be fighting Cotto in 2008.

I could care less about all the belts however I do suspect the fight happens in 09 or never does. The irony here is that waiting harms Floyd not Cotto. I figure Floyd to retire at least two times prior to any talk of a fight.
boxingfan1984

Post by boxingfan1984 »

Id like to see that 2 fght plan for him.
boxingfreak

Post by boxingfreak »

not sure if a rematch w/ Mosley is a good idea for Cotto, or a safe one. after all, it was a CLOSE fight. Mosley can make adjustments. the question is, can Cotto?
"like rappers with cotton-mouth, I'm hard to swallow, but I'm nice with Mikes (mics) like Cus Damato!"-Method Man
RimmyJice

Post by RimmyJice »

boxingfreak wrote:not sure if a rematch w/ Mosley is a good idea for Cotto, or a safe one. after all, it was a CLOSE fight. Mosley can make adjustments. the question is, can Cotto?
Mosely has always performed better in rematches after he lost the first fight...I still debate that he lost the first fight anyway
boxingfreak

Post by boxingfreak »

RimmyJice wrote:
boxingfreak wrote:not sure if a rematch w/ Mosley is a good idea for Cotto, or a safe one. after all, it was a CLOSE fight. Mosley can make adjustments. the question is, can Cotto?
Mosely has always performed better in rematches after he lost the first fight...I still debate that he lost the first fight anyway
good point.
to hear some people talk, they'd have you believe that Cotto DOMINATED that fight, which was FAR FROM THE TRUTH.
"like rappers with cotton-mouth, I'm hard to swallow, but I'm nice with Mikes (mics) like Cus Damato!"-Method Man
RimmyJice

Post by RimmyJice »

boxingfreak wrote:
RimmyJice wrote:
good point.
to hear some people talk, they'd have you believe that Cotto DOMINATED that fight, which was FAR FROM THE TRUTH.
it was a great win for Cotto without a doubt and it definitely forced me to eat some serious crow because I didn't think that Cotto was in that elite league of fighters, but in all honesty that fight was a draw.
boxingfreak

Post by boxingfreak »

RimmyJice wrote:
boxingfreak wrote:
RimmyJice wrote: Mosely has always performed better in rematches after he lost the first fight...I still debate that he lost the first fight anyway
good point.
it was a great win for Cotto without a doubt and it definitely forced me to eat some serious crow because I didn't think that Cotto was in that elite league of fighters, but in all honesty that fight was a draw.
many in the room w/ me felt the same way. i'm not mad @ Cotto getting the win though. Mosley had his opportunities. props to Cotto for a great win.
XKawN

Post by XKawN »

i get the feeling there won't be a mayweather vs. cotto. whenever cotto's brought up or theres time or a possibility of that happening mayweather retires.

i also have a hard time believing that cotto would give a rematch to mosley. cotto got the win and it is an unneccessary threat at this point. mosley's fooking up by taking zab instead of going for the belt against quintana. that would be more leverage than a win over zab who's just a name and can't win the big one anyways.

this whole division is kind of fooked up and it's mayweathers fault. it's like he's holding it hostage. imo, mayweathers not even in the welterweight division. i kind of classify mayweather as being the p4p best of all divisions, but in no division inparticular. we can rate the best of 140, 147 and 154 without floyd and then talk about floyd in a different sentence altogether.
Little Floyd said Novocaine was injected into both of his hands before the bout. Novocaine is an analgesic, which is illegal in WBC title bouts.

http://a.espncdn.com/boxing/columns/graham/1207163.html
boxingfreak

Post by boxingfreak »

XKawN wrote:i get the feeling there won't be a mayweather vs. cotto. whenever cotto's brought up or theres time or a possibility of that happening mayweather retires.

i also have a hard time believing that cotto would give a rematch to mosley. cotto got the win and it is an unneccessary threat at this point. mosley's fooking up by taking zab instead of going for the belt against quintana. that would be more leverage than a win over zab who's just a name and can't win the big one anyways.

this whole division is kind of fooked up and it's mayweathers fault. it's like he's holding it hostage. imo, mayweathers not even in the welterweight division. i kind of classify mayweather as being the p4p best of all divisions, but in no division inparticular. we can rate the best of 140, 147 and 154 without floyd and then talk about floyd in a different sentence altogether.
Mayweather's not holding anything hostage, thats De La Hoya's doing. whatever fight HE wants, he's gonna get, be it Mayweather; Cotto; Judah; Mosley; Trinidad; Wright; Hatton; or even Roy Jones.
dreadlock214

Post by dreadlock214 »

RimmyJice wrote:
boxingfreak wrote:not sure if a rematch w/ Mosley is a good idea for Cotto, or a safe one. after all, it was a CLOSE fight. Mosley can make adjustments. the question is, can Cotto?[/quo
, an
What fights are you talking about? He may put up a better showing but the results have been the same. I can't see Mosley beating Cotto at this stage of their careers, and even though it pains me to say this I think he might have a real tough time with Zab.
I've wined and dined with kings and queens, and I've slept in allies and dined on pork and beans."
RimmyJice

Post by RimmyJice »

dreadlock214 wrote:
RimmyJice wrote:
boxingfreak wrote:not sure if a rematch w/ Mosley is a good idea for Cotto, or a safe one. after all, it was a CLOSE fight. Mosley can make adjustments. the question is, can Cotto?[/quo
, an
What fights are you talking about? He may put up a better showing but the results have been the same. I can't see Mosley beating Cotto at this stage of their careers, and even though it pains me to say this I think he might have a real tough time with Zab.
he fought better in rematches with Forrest and Winky.
XKawN

Post by XKawN »

boxingfreak wrote:
XKawN wrote:i get the feeling there won't be a mayweather vs. cotto. whenever cotto's brought up or theres time or a possibility of that happening mayweather retires.

Mayweather's not holding anything hostage, thats De La Hoya's doing. whatever fight HE wants, he's gonna get, be it Mayweather; Cotto; Judah; Mosley; Trinidad; Wright; Hatton; or even Roy Jones.
that's rediculous. that's just that silly oscar hating gibberish. oscar didn't force mayweathers to fight hatton rather then the top guys in his own division. oscar didn't force mayweather to say he isn't fighting in 2008 and 2009, oh...unless it's not a top guy in his own division. and oscar never even forced mayweather to fight oscar. mayweathers the one that named himself money mayweather like he's a ppv powerhouse. does that sound like a guy who thinks he still needs dlh to make some $$$???
Little Floyd said Novocaine was injected into both of his hands before the bout. Novocaine is an analgesic, which is illegal in WBC title bouts.

boxingfreak

Post by boxingfreak »

XKawN wrote:
boxingfreak wrote:

that's rediculous. that's just that silly oscar hating gibberish. oscar didn't force mayweathers to fight hatton rather then the top guys in his own division. oscar didn't force mayweather to say he isn't fighting in 2008 and 2009, oh...unless it's not a top guy in his own division. and oscar never even forced mayweather to fight oscar. mayweathers the one that named himself money mayweather like he's a ppv powerhouse. does that sound like a guy who thinks he still needs dlh to make some $$$???
there's absolutely nothing ridiculous about that. NOBODY moves until Oscar moves. every fighter from 140-175 would give their right nutt to fight Oscar. any fight they have lined up, they'd for-go for a shot @ Oscar. "Money-Mayweather"? thats just a name. don't be fooled. Floyd "retired", but he didn't waste any time "unretiring" as soon as Oscar offered him a fight, did he?
XKawN

Post by XKawN »

boxingfreak wrote:
XKawN wrote:
boxingfreak wrote: Mayweather's not holding anything hostage, thats De La Hoya's doing. whatever fight HE wants, he's gonna get, be it Mayweather; Cotto; Judah; Mosley; Trinidad; Wright; Hatton; or even Roy Jones.
there's absolutely nothing ridiculous about that. NOBODY moves until Oscar moves. every fighter from 140-175 would give their right nutt to fight Oscar. any fight they have lined up, they'd for-go for a shot @ Oscar. "Money-Mayweather"? thats just a name. don't be fooled. Floyd "retired", but he didn't waste any time "unretiring" as soon as Oscar offered him a fight, did he?
yep, unretired for oscar, but then retired when asked about the other welterweights. oh, then he unretired for hatton and then retired again for the other welterweights. back again for oscar, but not for the other welterweights. threw out the "no fights in 08' and 09'", but of course that will only apply for the other welters after the oscar fight. yes, it is rediculous that it's all oscars fault. the other welters don't look to be waiting on oscar. they're fighting eachother. folks just want to blame mayweather not fighting the top welterweights on everybody, but mayweather...

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”