JOSHUA vs NGANNOU

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
TheSickness316

Re: JOSHUA vs NGANNOU

Post by TheSickness316 »

With how wide Ngannou kept his hands, I just knew he was in trouble. I told my brother the moment the fight started that I didn't like that. And we saw what happened. He was open for the punches right down the middle.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

Didn’t even protect himself… just stood there and waited.

That’s that “I’m heavily concussed and have never been in this position before and haven’t developed strong enough recovery skills to snap out of this mental glaze and put my hands up… so I guess I’ll just get punched clean in the head again” kind of KO

Happy he got his money, but he should stop here.. not worth turning yourself into a circus clown who gets knocked out by giants who see you as something to toy with… CTE is real
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

I think he should continue in boxing if he is going to continue to fight. He lost to the best in his second fight. There is another big payday there for him vs Bumeontay, Fury 2 etc.

He could probably make decent money against lesser opponnents too and collect a couple of wins before going in against a big name again if that's the route he chooses.

Of course, retirement is always a smart choice after you've made a big payday.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

If Ngannou continues to fight, I think ruling the lower level MMA organizations like PFl is what in his best interest. He made his money in boxing be smart with it and he won’t need anymore concussive shots to the head like he will take continuing in boxing…
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
Barry_BondsMVP

Post by Barry_BondsMVP »

Even my wife saw the KO coming with the way he was trying to defend that right coming lol.

I don’t see him doing to well in the PFL.
"Injustice, evil can’t be allowed to happen. If it happens close to you you must intervene. Sometimes you can only overcome evil with force. I always try to talk it over"

Fedor

Canvas

Post by Canvas »

I would like to see AJ have a quick turnaround, and go out again in June. He is obviously better with more activity.
FightFanAL
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion

Post by FightFanAL »

The funniest part about all this was Dana White's reaction. He's such a slimy piece of shit and would make a great politician. He said he didn't watch it because thats what happens when boxers fight MMA guys in boxing. It was just a few years ago when he was telling the world how great McGregor and MMA was after Mayweather carried him for 10 rounds.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

FULL CARD

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”