ALVAREZ vs CHARLO

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

ALVAREZ vs CHARLO

Post by straycat »

Formally Alvarez vs Benavidez, vs Jack

Supposedly Canelo is being offered 50mil to fight David.
Ball is in his court.
Last edited by straycat on Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
the13r
TTR

Re: Alvarez/Benavides

Post by the13r »

Yeah sampson lewkowizc posted a proof of the offer
straycat

Post by straycat »

>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Seeing that Benavides/Morrell is in the works, what excuse does Canyello have this time 🙄
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Based

Post by Based »

Canelo is trying to fight Burlanga. IMO Canelo should fight Munguia if he choose's to duck Benvidez. Burlanga in too green. Munguia is a former champ, has good experience and is undefeated. Canelo's excuse on why he does not want to fight Benavidez is he doesnt fight other mexican fighters. I clearly remember him beating the crap out of Josesito Lopez, but whatever. Canelo has faced good fighters, but has a history of also avoiding the best fighters available.
actionhound

Post by actionhound »

Based wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:36 pm Canelo is trying to fight Burlanga. IMO Canelo should fight Munguia if he choose's to duck Benvidez. Burlanga in too green. Munguia is a former champ, has good experience and is undefeated. Canelo's excuse on why he does not want to fight Benavidez is he doesnt fight other mexican fighters. I clearly remember him beating the crap out of Josesito Lopez, but whatever. Canelo has faced good fighters, but has a history of also avoiding the best fighters available.
im confused, who exactly has Canelo avoided?
Based

Post by Based »

GGG and Benavidez. Took GGG years for him to get Canelo and he even vacated his WBC to avoid the fight with GGG. GGG easily won the first fight when he finally got in the ring with him. In the rematch Canelo started to juice (failed a PED test) and pushed the fight as far as possible, and still lost. In the third fight, Canelo waited for GGG to be close to retirement, and finally beat him. Canelo only jumped the 168 WBC vacant belt vs a scrub when Benavidez lost his belt for being on Coke.
straycat

Post by straycat »

As of late Alvarez has taken the easy road, that doesnt take away what he did over his career
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
actionhound

Post by actionhound »

Based wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:19 am GGG and Benavidez. Took GGG years for him to get Canelo and he even vacated his WBC to avoid the fight with GGG. GGG easily won the first fight when he finally got in the ring with him. In the rematch Canelo started to juice (failed a PED test) and pushed the fight as far as possible, and still lost. In the third fight, Canelo waited for GGG to be close to retirement, and finally beat him. Canelo only jumped the 168 WBC vacant belt vs a scrub when Benavidez lost his belt for being on Coke.
well i get the GGG thing, but honestly i cant say he ducked GGG...

i did think GGG won the first fight rather comfortably, but i wouldn't say he ducked him.

the second fight i did give to Canelo i believe, i dont really remember that one as well as i do the first one.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Hearing Canelo is looking to Badou Jack 🙄
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

Now Canelo is talking about fighting Badu Jack. Come on now!!! He also mentioned Charlo, which would be a good fight, but Jack???

The bigger travesty is: He seems to be setting himself to duck a rematch with Bivol(which he'll lose) or a fight with Benavidez(which he'll lose)
Based

Post by Based »

actionhound wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:33 pm
Based wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:19 am GGG and Benavidez. Took GGG years for him to get Canelo and he even vacated his WBC to avoid the fight with GGG. GGG easily won the first fight when he finally got in the ring with him. In the rematch Canelo started to juice (failed a PED test) and pushed the fight as far as possible, and still lost. In the third fight, Canelo waited for GGG to be close to retirement, and finally beat him. Canelo only jumped the 168 WBC vacant belt vs a scrub when Benavidez lost his belt for being on Coke.
well i get the GGG thing, but honestly i cant say he ducked GGG...

i did think GGG won the first fight rather comfortably, but i wouldn't say he ducked him.

the second fight i did give to Canelo i believe, i dont really remember that one as well as i do the first one.
I know how it sounds because he did fight him 3x, but I'm talking about this new age BS match making that's been going on, like fighting a guy when he's getting up in age (ala Mayweather) or putting weight/re-hydration restrictions on the other fighters (ala Pacquiao and Tank).

Canelo continued to take long periods of time before fighting GGG, each time too all to age him out. He was also juiced up. Canelo is fighting good opposition, but also taking the easy road most of the time.
Based

Post by Based »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:02 am Now Canelo is talking about fighting Badu Jack. Come on now!!! He also mentioned Charlo, which would be a good fight, but Jack???

The bigger travesty is: He seems to be setting himself to duck a rematch with Bivol(which he'll lose) or a fight with Benavidez(which he'll lose)
I dont think the match makers want him to fight Bivol, becuase it's a fight that's not even necessary to make. Canelo was over matched. That fight was so boring and one sided, that it isnt even needed to be seen again, especially on PPV.

Canelo has offers from Al Haymon to fight Charlo, who's been inactive and injured. He also has a Jack fight in Saudi Arabia for a cruiserweight title. Those are two tough fights, and they will get him paid what he's gonna get from a Benavidez fight.

I think he's gonna choose Jack (due to his age), and Jack will give Canelo a run for his money. Jack is tough AF, and will take some to give some. Canelo's power will probably allow Jack to be more aggressive. Could be a WAR. Saudi's are breaking the bank for Canelo, and AJ/Wilder.
straycat

Re: Alvarez vs somebody besides Benavides 🙄

Post by straycat »

Complete ho up move
Guess David still needs to fight somebody 🙄
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Pretty much all these guys Canelo is supposedly ducking either typically fight trash or don't fight at all (Mall Charlo 2 years inactive). Is there no one else for them? Are they just scared of losing the big money fight?

We can't blame Canelo for years of soft fights for all these guys.
straycat

Post by straycat »

50mil to fight David Benavidez but is close to signing Jack
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Hillsinitialrebirth

I dont think the match makers want him to fight Bivol, becuase it's a fight that's not even necessary to make. Canelo was over matched. That fight was so boring and one sided, that it isnt even needed to be seen again, especially on PPV.

Canelo has offers from Al Haymon to fight Charlo, who's been inactive and injured. He also has a Jack fight in Saudi Arabia for a cruiserweight title. Those are two tough fights, and they will get him paid what he's gonna get from a Benavidez fight.

I think he's gonna choose Jack (due to his age), and Jack will give Canelo a run for his money. Jack is tough AF, and will take some to give some. Canelo's power will probably allow Jack to be more aggressive. Could be a WAR. Saudi's are breaking the bank for Canelo, and AJ/Wilder.
So you're ok with Canelo not fighting Bivol or Benavidez, and instead fighting Jack???

YOU say the Bivol fight is unnecessary, but it's been Canelo himself that has been beating the drum to fight Bivol again(at 175), to prove the first fight was an aberration. Now Canelo does a complete 180, and pulls Jack out of his ass. And you, who are always on here criticizing various fighters for "not fighting anybody", or "fighting bullshit fights", is ok with this?

And of course Canelo has an offer for a fight that's arguably the biggest fight in boxing, Benavidez. And this is an EASY fight to make, and would be for 168 pound supremacy. But you're ok with him fighting Jack???

You're actually on here pushing for Canelo to fight Jack, instead of Bivol or Benavidez....come on now. And Canelo is supposed to jump up the Cruiser for this fight, yeah ok. If Canelo goes through with this plan, he's CLEARY in self preservation mode at this point in his career. He's trying to avoid taking another loss, and trying to hold onto those belts as long as possible.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

LOL - Canelo already fought Bivol, yet now he's being criticized for not fighting him again? Meanwhile all these can crushers, none of whom have fought anyone close to that level even once, get passes time after time.

While we wait for Canelo-Bivol 2, maybe we'll get Benavidez-Kyrone Davis 2, or Jermall vs Juan Montiel 2. Oh wait Charlo doesn't fight.
Hillsinitialrebirth

LOL - Canelo already fought Bivol, yet now he's being criticized for not fighting him again? Meanwhile all these can crushers, none of whom have fought anyone close to that level even once, get passes time after time.
Canelo is the one who was saying that he was going to rematch Bivol. Canelo was pushing for the rematch. He even went as far as saying that he didn't want to fight Bivol at 168(Bivol was willing to move down), that he wanted the rematch at the original 175.

Now we have Jack of all people, who is supposedly in the running to get the fight. You're ok with this? Canelo fought a washed-up GGG, Ryder, and is now talking about fighting Badou Jack. Come on now...even the biggest Canelo Stans would shake their heads at that lineup. Especially when you have Bivol and Benavidez right there in front of you.
Hillsinitialrebirth

While we wait for Canelo-Bivol 2, maybe we'll get Benavidez-Kyrone Davis 2, or Jermall vs Juan Montiel 2. Oh wait Charlo doesn't fight.
Why do we have to wait at all? Canelo can just fight Bivol or Benavidez next...
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Whoever he fights next, I'm sure they will be better than the trash these other guys usually fight.

Now people have to throw out guys Canelo has already fought :lol:
straycat

Post by straycat »

Too bad Benavidez ain't one of them, good job ducking the question
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Hillsinitialrebirth

Whoever he fights next, I'm sure they will be better than the trash these other guys usually fight.

Now people have to throw out guys Canelo has already fought :lol:
You criticize other fighters for fighting trash, but here you are...fully supporting a trash fight(Canelo-Jack). Hypocritical much???

And you keep ignoring the FACT, that Canelo HIMSELF said that he was going to rematch Bivol. He said this, now he's flipping to an entirely different direction, and you're ok with this. Canelo HIMSELF, threw out a guy who he already fought, and subsequently beat him. But in your eyes, Canelo is above criticism.

Most everybody wants to see Canelo-Benavidez, Canelo-Bivol 2, is second behind that. I thought we wanted to see the best fights possible, but I guess not. Especially when you're pumping Canelo-Jack, over Benavidez and Bivol.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Canelo has the strongest resume in the sport and even Jack would be vastly better than most of the opponents these guys who constantly get passes fight.

I have criticized Canelo many times over the years, so no I don't think he's above criticism. What I think is laughable is that people constantly moan about his opposition while all these other guys face trash. Canelo has been involved in far more quality match ups than the likes of Benavidez and Charlo combined - those guys cancrushing drags the sport down more than Canelo's matchmaking does.

Bivol is now on the duck list? Canelo already fought him FFS :lol: How about one of these other guys steps up like Canelo and tries out Bivol?
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

straycat wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:23 am Too bad Benavidez ain't one of them, good job ducking the question
I'd like to see Canelo-Benavidez too, but if it doesn't happen we still need good fights out of Benavidez instead of his usual trash.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”