LOMA VS HANEY

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
the13r
TTR

Re: LOMA VS HANEY

Post by the13r »

the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Lol scoring round 10 for Haney….so over the corruption and the same gang of refs a judges being called on to do the dirty business
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
Based

Post by Based »

I thought Loma won a close fight, but I can also see a draw. I would say, Haney could have taken some of those swing rounds from affective body punches on the judges scorecards, because it happened a lot. I see almost a consensus among fans that Loma is the winner, but many are angry a judge had Haney winning 8-4, which is kinda hard to see. Either way Haney showed he is on that level of P4P and so is Loma. It was a great fight, and they fought evenly for most of the fight. Loma may of lost that 12th round, same way he lost it to Teo which got him another L (all judges gave Haney the 12th which was the deciding factor). I would agree with Shakur on saying the reason why Loma won was because he did land a lot of the cleaner punches. However, Lomas face was really swollen up at the end of the fight.
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

Loma missed A LOT. Those 8 punch combos he was throwing that the crowd and bradley slobbed over mostly missed and hit gloves. Haney landed the better shots all night. Just look at their faces. Haneys far from a big hitter, and did his best work to the body. Loma did most all head work and still has the much more beat up face. Haney threw to the body way more effectively, and clearly did the more damaging headshots as well. The kid won this fight. Im so sick of the side of boxing where the popular guy loses a close fight and the world cries robbery and clings to 1 judges shitty card. Lomas mom coulda replaced moretti he still loses 2-1. He got beat fair and square.
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
dwightmac83

Post by dwightmac83 »

TopNotch86 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:06 am Loma missed A LOT. Those 8 punch combos he was throwing that the crowd and bradley slobbed over mostly missed and hit gloves. Haney landed the better shots all night. Just look at their faces. Haneys far from a big hitter, and did his best work to the body. Loma did most all head work and still has the much more beat up face. Haney threw to the body way more effectively, and clearly did the more damaging headshots as well. The kid won this fight. Im so sick of the side of boxing where the popular guy loses a close fight and the world cries robbery and clings to 1 judges shitty card. Lomas mom coulda replaced moretti he still loses 2-1. He got beat fair and square.
Good post Top. Man it's nuts on Twitter right now
mannymac

Post by mannymac »

Can't judge by what a fighter's face looks like, lol.
The damage could have been done in one particular moment in one particular round. That doesn't mean he got beat up the entire fight.
Haney's punches were also hitting Lomachenko's gloves a lot. The more "head-snapping" punches were landed by Lomachenko. The combinations were landed by Lomachenko. Although, Haney was landing some great fucking body shots. And I love body shots, so I gave him lots of credit for that, but he quit throwing them.
Haney looked worried when the fight ended. He knew he could've easily taken an L last night. And it was evident by how relief he was when he was named the winner. His celebration said it all.
I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch, although it's highly unlikely to happen. Great fight ruined by judges once again.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

If you're supposedly a bigger, stronger and younger guy too boot but you don't clearly dominate the smaller opponent it should tell you something when rounds are so close they can go either way. Loma was keeping his head above water in the early going and was taking a gassed out Haney to the deep end of the pool towards the end.
Haney is a joke. 🙄
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

Haney is a joke? lol, Ok. Not your finest moment.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Close fight, I would not say robbery because it was so close and so many swing rounds but as always in boxing I have to wonder if the judges were calling it straight. From what I've read, most people, most fighters even, thought Loma won but not a single judge did.

I gave it to Loma 7-5, rounds 1,3,7,8,9,10,11. Several swing rounds could have gone to Haney, some other rounds might have gone to Loma.

It is what it is. Another fight that will remain controversial no matter how much it is debated.
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

dwightmac83 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:08 am
TopNotch86 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:06 am Loma missed A LOT. Those 8 punch combos he was throwing that the crowd and bradley slobbed over mostly missed and hit gloves. Haney landed the better shots all night. Just look at their faces. Haneys far from a big hitter, and did his best work to the body. Loma did most all head work and still has the much more beat up face. Haney threw to the body way more effectively, and clearly did the more damaging headshots as well. The kid won this fight. Im so sick of the side of boxing where the popular guy loses a close fight and the world cries robbery and clings to 1 judges shitty card. Lomas mom coulda replaced moretti he still loses 2-1. He got beat fair and square.
Good post Top. Man it's nuts on Twitter right now
I just hate how often people cry robbery. Bradley beating pacquiao was a robbery. People really putting this in the same stratosphere as that??
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Re: LOMA VS HANEY ¤NOW LIVE¤

Post by Primetyme199 »

mannymac wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:21 am 116-112 is way too wide.
How old is Dave Moreti?
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
straycat

Post by straycat »

Canvas wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 11:02 am Haney is a joke? lol, Ok. Not your finest moment.
We'll see how long he can avoid Stevenson
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
BadlyBrowned
______

Post by BadlyBrowned »

I had it 4-4 after 8, and gave Loma 9, 10, and 11.

I hate seeing takes saying Loma should have tried harder in the 12th round because at that point he was up 7-4 so unless he gets dropped twice (or stopped) in the 12th he wins anyway. Yes earlier rounds were close but i dont think they were close enough to warrant calling them swing rounds then somehow having a shit card giving Haney 8 rounds when if even I was reaching i would have a lot of trouble giving Haney 6 rounds over the 5 i gave him.

The cards favored the guy who will bring in more future money. Loma is on his way out. Meh. Here we are arguing about it again since the beginning of time lol
Based

Post by Based »

A lot of boxing writer also had Loma winning. Either way, this is the best way for Loma to lose, but the best way for Haney to win because all of his rivals and fans are screaming robbery to him. It will make Haney look for further validation which will make him ambitions to take on better fights, and Loma has claim to still be the best in the division and could draw a pay day to fight Stevenson at 135. I dont think Haney stays at 135 after this.
mannymac

Re: LOMA VS HANEY ¤NOW LIVE¤

Post by mannymac »

Primetyme199 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 2:01 pm
mannymac wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:21 am 116-112 is way too wide.
How old is Dave Moreti?
Yeah, he's up there in age.
Also, it wasn't exactly fair to Lomachenko that all three judges were from the U.S.A.
The ref was American too, although he did a good job.
When Canelo fought Ryder, none of the judges were Mexican. When Haney fought Kambosos, none of the judges were Australian. And these are all undisputed fights. Yet, Haney gets all American judges and ref for his undisputed fight.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Only in Vegas 🙄
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Teddy, in his Ricky Ricardo voice says Morretti has some splaining to do

https://www.boxingscene.com/teddy-atlas ... ng--174789
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

So I had it thusly

The * indicates a round that I felt could go either way

Round 1: Haney *
Round 2: Haney
Round 3: Haney
Round 4: Loma *
Round 5: Loma
Round 6: Haney
Round 7: Loma
Round 8: Haney
Round 9: Haney *
Round 10: Loma
Round 11: Loma
Round 12: Loma

I wind up with a 114-114 Draw

The most clear cut rounds of the fight were Rounds 7, 10 and 11.

It reminded me a lot of the Loma vs Teofimo Lopez fight in the way it played out.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Ya can't even look at the man 🙄
FB_IMG_1684787115428.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Also hearing Haney re signed with TR a few days before the bout.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
straycat

Post by straycat »

Haney getting biz worse than a $10 hooker at the no tell motel
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”