Barroso VS Romero Card on ShowTime

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
the13r
TTR

Barroso VS Romero Card on ShowTime

Post by the13r »

the13r
TTR

Re: Barroso VS Romero •NowLIVE•

Post by the13r »

straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Re: Barroso VS Romero •NowLIVE•

Post by straycat »

BS storage
What The Fawk
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Tocsin

Re: Barroso VS Romero

Post by Tocsin »

Awful stoppage by Tony Weeks, Barroso was defending and landing just fine. I had Barosso up 78-73 at the time of the stoppage.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Even the KD was a push - Barroso was hurt but clearly shoved down. Weeks refuses to talk to Showtime after the fight, as does anyone from the commission. No acountability.
straycat

Post by straycat »

We need a thread for this shydt just like Gil's bad cards thread.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

straycat

Post by straycat »

And what a Fawking wus this guy is, call out Progias, Teo, Haney or Taylor. Calling out someone who just took an "L"?
That ain't what a champ does that's what a chump does.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Looked like a Set up......instructed "as soon as you can stop the fight in our favor do it"
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
mannymac

Post by mannymac »

Fucking ridiculous.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Re: Barroso VS Romero Card on ShowTime

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

Horrible night for boxing.

On this hand, we have the biggest fraud in boxing, Rolly Romero, winning a title. This guy is a rudimentary as the come. He may be the worst so-called "top fighter" I've seen in a LONG time. Him winning a title, and the way he "won" the title, is just a slap in the face to the sport, and it's fans. Here is a guy who was losing badly, and ironically, the judges all had him losing as well. Then he gets credit for a knockdown on a HORRIBLE call by Weeks(Weeks and Bayless need to retire). Then he gets the fight handed to him on a HORRIBLE stoppage, where no punches landed on his opponent. The fix was definitely in. If the NSAC has any sort of integrity, they review this fight and rule it a no-contest.

Then on the other side of the fence on ESPN, we have a HORRIBLE mismatch, masquerading as a main event. Of course Alimkhanuly knocks out Butler in vicious fashion. Butler is a guy who had 3 losses, all by knockout, coming into the fight. And they commentators are hyping up this victory, and celebrating it like he just KO'd a legit threat(sigh).

Horrible calls/decisions, and horrible matchmaking were all on full display in the main events last night.

The ONLY ray of sunshine in the garbage we saw last night, was the Sims-Akhmedov fight. That was a helluva fight, with both guys really going after each other. I thought Akhmedov edged it(he seems snake bitten), but it was a damn close fight, so I'm not too upset about Sims getting a razor thin decision.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Set up for another BIG fight with Tank. They robbed Marinez to set up the first and now this shyt to set up the rematch. :roll:
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Ranks amongst the worst stoppages of all-time with Aaron herrera vs Raul Hinojosa still the worst imo
straycat

Post by straycat »

Doesn't Nevada St Athletic Commission have a replay system to review KDs between rounds?
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Based

Post by Based »

Ismael Barroso really looked like an old man in that ring, but it's hilarious that he was beating Rollies (even on the official scorecards). Rollies is just a brawler with no skill. However, I would like to see him vs Rye an Garcia. It's an interesting match up on paper. Would Rollies make Ryan quit? possibly

I agree Weeks and Bayless need to retire. I always feel they are bias in that ring for certain fighters, but they keep getting calls to do PBC fights its seems and they favor those fighters.

The ESPN fight was in Stockton, so I had a few friends who were at that card. Nate Diaz was also there lol. I didnt go because the match up was just weak.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”