BETERBIEV vs YARDE

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
the13r
TTR

BETERBIEV vs YARDE

Post by the13r »

All points out towards a beterbiev destruction vs the cruder Yarde.

Yarde has a good body punching game... but limited

Will Beterbiev get old? Could this be a Callum Johnson type of fight where Beterbiev gets sloppy, trades and gets caught?
This is Saturday
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Re: BETERBIEV vs YARDE

Post by marciano1952 »

Don’t see Beterbiev getting sloppy here…..Yarde poses more of a known Threat than Johnson…..similar to Smith, I think this ends early
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

The smaller Itauma bro just loss to Maderna by KO
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

marciano1952 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:26 am Don’t see Beterbiev getting sloppy here…..Yarde poses more of a known Threat than Johnson…..similar to Smith, I think this ends early
Agree Beterbiev should take him more seriously and doubt he brawls with him. Beterbiev will try to land big while Yarde is aiming at his body
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Hot prospect Karol Itauma beaten up on the undercard
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

infuriating gap between fights as usual. sitting here watching 30 mins of studio blather. this is disney owned espn, and they can't get their shit together enough to properly produce a boxing telecast. I have things to do and places to go. I'm pulling the plug on this minutes before the main event starts. I'm going out. My patience has run out.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Yarde game as heck, but Bert was ultimately too sharp. His corner wise to stop it because he was about to get badly hurt there.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Damn good fight, Yarde was way more game than I expected…props to both guys in this one….was a fight that could have gone either way at any point….
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

I think Beterbiev’s reaction time is beginning to show his age. Punches were wizzing right passed his chin and he wasn’t reacting. That fight might have ended differently if Yarde’s accuracy were better.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

How do you guys see Bivol vs Beterbiev?

At this moment I see Bivol a clear favorite…..I think he could stop Beterbiev on cuts….
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Bivol UD
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

I favour Bivol at this point. Beterbiev's biggest payday would be Canelo. I would like to see Beterbiev move up and fight Kovalev somewhere between 185-190.
Based

Post by Based »

Kovalev's trainer was saying he was ducking Beterbiev back when he was in his prime. If he didnt want to fight him back then, I think that boat has sailed. Bivol is looking for Canelo rematch at 168. Canelo is fighting a tune up next and may just fight Bivol. Beterbiev may miss the Bivol fight. Their style would have a very interesting clash too. Canelo is clearly not on Bivol's level, but wants to avenge that loss, and Bivol probably wants the payday over a fight with Beterbiev which is a very dangerous fight.
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

Top Rank is saying Callum Smith may be up next in Montreal late summer. To me, late summer means August-September. That would be 7 or 8 months between fights. Why so long?
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

If Beterbiev just keeps fighting mandatories over and over we'll never see him vs Bivol, Everyone knows they're the #1 and #2, the fight doesn't need every title.

Especially at his age, it seems like a bit of a waste
Slippery Pete II

Post by Slippery Pete II »

I'm not 100% sure on this but I think that the Jean Pascal vs Michael Eifert fight that takes place in March might be an IBF eliminator with the winner becoming Beterbiev's mandatory.

The top 2 spots are vacant. Yarde was ranked 3rd and sure to drop a few spots with the loss. Pascal is 4th. Smith Jr is 5th and Eifert 6th which means winner of Pascal-Eifert becomes #1 ranked contender to Beterbiev's IBF strap. Yarde was Beterbiev's WBO mandatory.

The winner of that fight may end up being Beterbiev's opponent this summer. Beterbiev would get a good payday to beat up on an old Pascal in an all-Montreal match up. It's easy money for Beterbiev, why would he pass that up?

Carl Moretti of Top Rank said at the post-fighter presser on Saturday that a mandatory could get in the way of their desired plans for Beterbiev.

The IBF is pretty strict with their mandatories but will allow a champ to bypass it if he's got a unification fight signed which means Beterbiev would have to be facing Bivol or be forced to face his mandatory.

Not sure he could get away with a Callum Smith fight if he's got a mandatory looming.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Callum's a mandatory too, with the WBC
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

A Pascal VS Beterbiev fight would be easy to male happen in mtl or qc

Build career momentum in uk with a Callum scalp

Bivol would most likely be an L
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

I think Callum Smith is capable of pulling off an upset. He has a big punch. I'm not saying he would win, but he's a live dog. I like Smith at 175.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Iike him too but not impressed by him in step ups

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”