RIP: David Crosby

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

RIP: David Crosby

Post by straycat »

Founding member of The Birds and also Crosby Stills & Nash.
No cause of death being listed he was 81.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Cagiva9

Re: RIP: David Crosby

Post by Cagiva9 »

Cause of death? In David's case, it should be what caused him to live to 81 despite everything he did to his poor body.

RIP
KSTAT124
TTR Rankings & Results Editor
TTR Rankings & Results Editor

Re: RIP: David Crosby

Post by KSTAT124 »

R.I.P.

I saw David Crosby in concert at three times. The first two times were with The Byrds. The first was at the Island Garden in West Hempstead (briefly the home of the New York Nets). I was in high school. The Byrds, with their original lineup of Crosby, Jim (later Roger) McGuinn, Gene Clark, Chris Hillman, and Michael Clarke, headlined a show that included The Young Rascals and The Dillards.

The second time, Gene Clark was no longer touring. Otherwise, the lineup was the same and McGuinn was still billed as "Jim" (he still hadn't started using Roger as his first name). They headlined at the Malibu Beach Club (also on Long Island), with another California-based band, The Seeds, opening!

I also saw Crosby with Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum (once the home of the New York Islanders and the Nets) in Uniondale. CSNY were the headliners with The Youngbloods opening. (The Coliseum still exists but was renovated and seats about 5,000 less than it did then. It still has concerts and is the home of the G League, Long Island Nets, the minor league affiliate of the now Brooklyn Nets).

It's amazing that Crosby, whose first solo album was entitled "If I Could Only Remember My Name", somehow survived his tragedy-tinged rock 'n' roll lifestyle to live to 81. He is the third of the original Byrds to pass. Gene Clark succumbed to throat cancer at the age of 46 in 1991 and Michael Clarke died from liver failure in 1993 at the age of 47. McGuinn, 80, and Hillman, 78, are, happily, still with us.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”