Tank Davis & Boot Ennis

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
the13r
TTR

Tank Davis & Boot Ennis

Post by the13r »

Saturday 7, January 2023
Capital One Arena, Washington, District of Columbia, USA
commission District of Columbia Combat Sports Commission
promoter Tom Brown (TGB Promotions), Sampson Lewkowicz (Sampson Boxing)
matchmaker Tom Brown

Gervonta Davis 27 0 0
:idea:
Hector Luis Garcia 16 0 0

Jaron Ennis 29 0 0
Karen Chukhadzhian 21 1 0
IBF Interim World Welter

Rashidi Ellis 24 0 0
Roiman Villa 25 1 0

Demetrius Andrade 31 0 0
Demond Nicholson 26 4 1

Vito Mielnicki Jr 13 1 0
Omar Rosales 9 1 1

Kyrone Davis 16 3 1
Cristian Fabian Rios 23 15 3

Brandun Lee 26 0 0
Diego Gonzalo Luque 21 10 2

Travon Marshall 6 0 0
Shawn West 7 2 1

Keeshawn Williams 10 1 1
Gustavo David Vittori 27 11 1

Lamont Peterson 35 5 1
Michael Ogundo 16 16 0

Mia Ellis 5 1 0
Karen Dulin 5 25 1

Jalil Major Hackett 4 0 0
Joel Guevara 4 8 1

the13r
TTR

Re: Tank Davis & Boot Ennis •Live@7pm•

Post by the13r »

the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

mannymac

Post by mannymac »

There's two Karens fighting on this card. One male, one female. Both of them are supposed to lose. Would be funny if they both pulled the upset. 😁
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

mannymac

Post by mannymac »

That ref gave tank the rest he needed to come back stronger, when he called time-out because of the "fight" happening outside the ring. He was getting worked to the body and just getting roughed up by Garcia.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Tank needs more of a challenge. He's becoming increasingly lazy and just coasting until finding the finishing shots, falling in love with his power a bit. I hope the Garcia fight really does happen this year but I won't hold my breath. Seen talk of an Isaac Cruz rematch - Cruz is a perfectly respectable fighter, but no need for them to rematch already when there are several interesting fights Tank hasn't already had. Tank won their fight clean anyway.

Boot's fight was awful but hard to blame him, the opponent had no plan to do anything but spoil and survive. Hopefully this one going the distance gives some of the players in the division more confidence to face him. And why the hell is he the interim IBF champ when Spence has the IBF belt? Just force that fight!

What the hell is Andrade doing fighting Demond Nicholson on an undercard? He gave up his title for that? He's 35 and his opposition continues to disappoint, though hopefully getting involved with PBC could lead to a fight with the Plant-Benavidez winner.

Ellis-Villa had a bit of a Taylor-Chavez vibe too it. Ellis far faster and dominating early, but the stronger slower man catches up and has a huge 12th to win it.
the13r
TTR

Re: Tank Davis & Boot Ennis

Post by the13r »

Demetrius Andrade 31 0 0
Demond Nicholson 26 4 1

Andrade by UD
https://uploadir.com/u/44oyoqj5
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Rashidi Ellis 24 0 0
Roiman Villa 25 1 0

Villa won by MD
Ellis down twice in the last round
https://uploadir.com/u/rw2kroc4
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Gervonta Davis 27 0 0
Hector Luis Garcia 16 0 0

Davis by 9th round TKO
https://uploadir.com/u/xsjuq5ms
mannymac

Post by mannymac »

Tocsin wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:50 am Tank needs more of a challenge. He's becoming increasingly lazy and just coasting until finding the finishing shots, falling in love with his power a bit. I hope the Garcia fight really does happen this year but I won't hold my breath. Seen talk of an Isaac Cruz rematch - Cruz is a perfectly respectable fighter, but no need for them to rematch already when there are several interesting fights Tank hasn't already had. Tank won their fight clean anyway.

Boot's fight was awful but hard to blame him, the opponent had no plan to do anything but spoil and survive. Hopefully this one going the distance gives some of the players in the division more confidence to face him. And why the hell is he the interim IBF champ when Spence has the IBF belt? Just force that fight!

What the hell is Andrade doing fighting Demond Nicholson on an undercard? He gave up his title for that? He's 35 and his opposition continues to disappoint, though hopefully getting involved with PBC could lead to a fight with the Plant-Benavidez winner.

Ellis-Villa had a bit of a Taylor-Chavez vibe too it. Ellis far faster and dominating early, but the stronger slower man catches up and has a huge 12th to win it.

Ennis doesn't know how to cut off the ring. Karen was dancing circles around him. Side stepping, circling and spinning him, zig zaggjng, you name it, he did it. Ennis looked like an amateur at times swinging wildly and his whole body would spin as he missed.. He looked frustraded. Looked like a bull and matador. If Karen had any offense he could have won.
That's what happens when you only fight easy fights to make you look good. That's why I don't use the "eye test". It's all about how you look against decent/good opposition while you're building your career.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Travon Marshall 6 0 0
Shawn West 7 2 1

Marshall won by TKO
https://uploadir.com/u/w56w4alm
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Brandun Lee 26 0 0
Diego Gonzalo Luque 21 10 2

Lee by 4th round TKO
https://uploadir.com/u/widr6pkf
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Anybody pickup on what happened outside the ring?

The rangey fighters do make Tank look beatable in spots. Kingry bringing a bit more pop than Santa Cruz and this guy he just fought could make their bout real interesting.
Last edited by straycat on Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Vito Mielnicki Jr 13 1 0
Omar Rosales 9 1 1

Vito won by TKO
https://uploadir.com/u/sjaf80vc
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Jalil Major Hackett 4 0 0
Joel Guevara 4 8 1

Jalil won by 1st round TKO
https://uploadir.com/u/7oybo1dd
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Lamont Peterson 35 5 1
Michael Ogundo 16 16 0

Ogundo won by TKO

https://twitter.com/GifsBoxing/status/1 ... 0945911809
Based

Post by Based »

Tocsin wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:50 am Tank needs more of a challenge. He's becoming increasingly lazy and just coasting until finding the finishing shots, falling in love with his power a bit. I hope the Garcia fight really does happen this year but I won't hold my breath. Seen talk of an Isaac Cruz rematch - Cruz is a perfectly respectable fighter, but no need for them to rematch already when there are several interesting fights Tank hasn't already had. Tank won their fight clean anyway.

I agree with all your points (besides the Cruz fight lol). I still think Garcia was solid competition, but Tank is so powerful he's willing to trade with these smaller guys and get them out of there. He would not do the same against Garcia, and rather fight him like rollies. Yesterday's fight was really good. Garcia put up a good fight, in a losing effort. Garcia was a solid tune up, but I saw Garcia-Davis is already signed and ready for April, however this is not confirmed.

I read a lot of bad feedback from Ennis's performance, but that was not his fault. The Ukrainian guy was just elusive and was there to survive. Ennis is still a threat to Spence, especially on how inactive Spence has been these past few years.
mannymac

Post by mannymac »

Tank still has to go to court for when he crashed into the pregnant woman and leaving the scene. And he's got other charges pending as well. The Ryan García fight may not happen any time soon. But who knows?
Based

Post by Based »

straycat wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:42 am Anybody pickup on what happened outside the ring?

The rangey fighters do make Tank look beatable in spots. Kingry bringing a bit more pop than Santa Cruz and this guy he just fought could make their bout real interesting.
Meek Mill and Garry Russell Jr nearly got into a fight. Their crews scuffled and Meek Mill then left the arena. That's what I got from social media, but I dont know why they were beefing.
Based

Post by Based »

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CnL2y3Cv ... MyMTA2M2Y=

Steven Jackson commenting on their spat
Based

Post by Based »

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CnL2y3Cv ... MyMTA2M2Y=

Steven Jackson commenting on their spat
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Meek has posted a few clips of himself hitting bags and it wasn't pretty - Russell may only be a 5'4 featherweight but he'd absolutely smoke him.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Yeah it's like Meek is emulating Olubamiwo

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”